OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
RyoSaeba said:
ahtin said:
http://www.r4ds.com/contact.htm

I know the REAL world in Hong Kong much more than you I think, R4 is a famous card all around the world, Hong Kong custom focus on them is a MUST. Hong Kong custom have an operation for local shop last month, you only can buy flashcart or modded console in some tiny shop, and this is THE REAL WORLD I live.

The Real world I'm talking about always sells what the customers want. Illegal or not. Twinstar is still selling it. Their website still has it. Go there and you will see they will sell it to you. That's the real world. HK people, like Chinese, will do almost anything to make a buck. I live in China, I know how it is here. People in HK aren't much different. Everyone there is playing pirated games. Oh yeah, the police can take down a few... but they'll just run around the corner and come right back. This is the real world my friend.

You are very funny, you know hongkong flashcart market much more than me.

ninja_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
You guys can all keep saying R4 IS BAD BUY A DIFF CART, but we've spent cash on these, and we would like to see them working for a while, I dont really want to have to shell out for a new cart if my R4 will work. could you all just be a little more sympathetic to the people who are worried if their R$'s are real or not, just in case that this might be real?

kaliskonig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are the saying they are creating a program to purpose brick your ds just because the buyerwas unknowingly swindled with a fake R4? if so what the hell?

ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
kaliskonig said:
So are the saying they are creating a program to purpose brick your ds just because the buyerwas unknowingly swindled with a fake R4? if so what the hell?

R4 only said their new firmware MAY NOT work on the fake R4, fake R4 with their new firmware MAY make cause some problem, maybe brick or other problem you dont want to see.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
they should just make the new firmware just unable to load games homebrew and such,,,

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After reading the article on hacken.cc it seems more that they are just re-writing the core of there firmware/menu system that may not work on the clones and running it on a clone card may have some negative side effects

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ninja_07 said:
You guys can all keep saying R4 IS BAD BUY A DIFF CART, but we've spent cash on these, and we would like to see them working for a while, I dont really want to have to shell out for a new cart if my R4 will work. could you all just be a little more sympathetic to the people who are worried if their R$'s are real or not, just in case that this might be real?

Look, why do you even worry? Let's just hypothetically say the new firmware DID come out. It's not going to do anything to you if you don't do anything! It's not gonna magically install in your R4. Wait till someone else does it, see if it's gonna mess up their DS! if the new firmware is even worth wild to be install, then wait till someone comes out with a homebrew updated firmware... again, let someone else try it firts, then install it on yours when you know it's safe... If you feel the need to that is...

Put it this way, when was the last time you updated your R4 firmware because a game didn't work? Even old firmware will support most games. Chances are, the game fixes that new firmware addresses don't apply to you anyway. For example, the new DSTT firmware fixes a Japanese game's wifi issue. Wow...

My M3 Simply is using an 4 months old firmware and plays everything I throw at it.

Your real or fake R4 will work and continue to work despite any new firmware release. Just don't update!

p.s. The "buy a different cart" part is for people who don't have a flash cart yet and deciding on which to buy... answer is, just don't buy ANY R4...

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put it this way, remember Apple announced that their iPhone 2.0 or something firmware will brink unlocked iPhones? Did people worry? No... After a week the new firmware came out, it was hacked again and people all over are using unlocked iPhones with the new firmware... go figure...

Don't sweat it people... real or not, they can't force a firmware update on you.

NightKry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I agree w/ RyoSaeba; SC bricked fake SC made sense, but if they hurt the DS's, they those customers which makes them lose money... If you don't know if you have a real R4 or not, just don't update it. Not to mention, i have a serious doubt if the R4 team will even spend that much time to develop software that bricks your DS... Shouldn't they be using the time to give us new features?

Hope i have a real R4. I got mine off of dealextreme last June... =P

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Tanas said:
Why would anyone in their right mind disguise a TTDS as an R4.

So no one would steal it
tongue.gif

The more I read this, the faker it sounds. I don't care anyway, my R4 is real and the new firmware is gonna be the same as the current one but with a few game fixes.

noodle976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starfox468 said:
Noone even uses the r4 anyway, and there is already plenty of fake r4s and r4 clones out like "n-card" and "r4ds-v2"
I use the R4 .-.
I need a new card but I can't afford it
frown.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Most (if not all) ds lites have almost all of the firmware protected, meaning the only 'damage' ANY software could do, is delete your user data (name, wifi settings etc.) If you have a ds phat, or perhaps an earlier dslite then maybe you might panic.

It is far more likely that the new R4 firmware will ONLY damage the fake CARDS, no people's DS's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper