Hacking Amazing DSL Custom Paint Job. No more yellowed R/L also. :D

Did you appreciate the custom paint job?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Repgahroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there
biggrin.gif

Just bought an (very-) used white NDS Lite. It was very yellowed where the plastic doesn't have the transparent acrylic cover.
I tried to clean it using alcohol and toothpaste, everything became as white as snow but the R/L Buttons, the yellowing somehow penetrated into the plastic.

So no other idea popped in my mind than just repainting the buttons. However, I didn't wanted to repaint white again, because it would surely stain again.

So, looking for a way to "workaround" this uglyness, I realized that it's possible to make a nice-unique and very beautiful combination by painting only the matte part with a different colour and letting the shiny part as is.

The colour I choose is black because it was the only available
biggrin.gif

I disassembled the 'little toy' and sprayed (special permanent painting spray for plastics) the entire inner parts and the outer parts was fully covered using quality tape, letting uncovered the matte strips that merges with the R/L buttons, which were sprayed separately.

I also decided to spray the select and start buttons so it doesn't "break" the colours simmetry. And using a special permanent marker pen I also painted the volume and power switches symbols. These marker is called "permanent" but it will surely be gone after some time though.

Ok, here are the pics; i hope you like and be inspired to do something similar (and even better) with yours.

Click on the spoiler to see the pics inside the post (1280x960px)
IMAG0106.JPG

IMAG0107.JPG

IMAG0108.JPG

IMAG0109.JPG

IMAG0110.JPG
Alternatively, visit the following link (has large thumbs and neat layout):
http://sites.google.com/site/repgahroll/ds )

Thanks and sorry my english,

EDIT:
Please, don't mind the ugly and gayish pink stylus
biggrin.gif
i'm gonna buy a black one.
Also, I voted "Yes" hehehe
smile.gif

EDIT2:
Also, I don't have the slot 2 cover. They doesn't ship to my country and here's impossible to find it. I'm gonna make a homemade one though.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So you painted that? Hmmm, it looks like you bought parts and disassembled and put them back together. Which means nice paint job!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.