ROM Hack [ALPHA SAPPHIRE] Portuguese Translation - HELP WANTED!

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
oh yes I forgt to look for these opitions! xD they have separate text for girl and boy ?
This would really be of great help, but douple the text things XD
Also to evitate " um(a)" that is something I really hate to see in a game translation (I rather put "1" instead hahaha ) I try to let like " uma unidade de" :B
I feel you XD I'd rather just assume the player is a male but that would be sexist... EDIT: Or maybe two separate translations XD
I'll create a save in Italian with a female character and try later ;)

oftopicv:
maaan, awesome! you know a lot of languages, even not in a high level, and it's inclues Brazilian portuguese! wow
Duolingo is awesome :lol:

Last edited by nastys,
Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I feel you XD I'd rather just assume the player is a male but that would be sexist... EDIT: Or maybe two separate translations XD
I'll create a save in Italian with a female character and try later ;)
actually this is common to add text for the female when the langauge really need the feminine o3o
But it's more lazy or pratic than sexist hahha it would be like harvest moon if needed twi translation xD " pokemon AS FOR GRILLS " lololo[yes, Grills in proupose... or should've I use GIR? lololo ]
I bet it's there something o3o you ieda is great... I can't look there myself because my 3DS is dead ... or at least in coma? xp so tell us what did you find out please o3o

Duolingo is awesome
I should give it a look then XD

Reactions: nastys

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Sliter I've just created a save in Spanish with a feminine character, gone to the neighbours' house and the neighbour said:
¡Ah, claro, LILLY, nuestra nueva vecina!
¿Sabes que tenemos un hijo de tu misma edad?
"nuestra nueva vecina" is feminine. Shall I try with a masculine character as well? ;)

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Sliter I've just created a save in Spanish with a feminine character, gone to the neighbours' house and the neighbour said:

"nuestra nueva vecina" is feminine. Shall I try with a masculine character as well? ;)
no, I think it's already ...
092614mythbusters.png

xD
Thanks for confirming it! Now lets see what the guys want to do ..

Reactions: nastys

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've tried with a masculine character for the sake of it ;)
the world was mirrored btw lol
¡Ah, claro, LOLLY, nuestro nuevo vecino!
¿Sabes que tenemos una hija de tu misma edad?
...which is masculine ;)

Confirmation confirmed :lol:

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good luck with this project. I'm not a Brazilian Portuguese speaker myself, but I know a lot of people who'd like this a lot.

And, yeah. Confirmation for your confirmation of the confirmation! The script is different between female and male characters. I know from playing my versions in Spanish since X and Y, the same goes for OR and AS.

Reactions: nastys and Sliter

ChristTR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Every time a Pokemon game is released, a portuguese fan-translation is released some time later.
This generation will not be different.

It's Pokémon Alpha Sapphire! In Portuguese!

It is at very VERY Beta stage right now, and i'm working alone at this. And i sure would want some help!
At this time i need someone to make graphics and some people to Beta Test (I'm not with my 3DS everywhere :P). If someone could help with something else i will be happy too!

yKAKhFb.png
HQtkq6B.png
UWqgT0r.png
gS9FJ6d.png
QkINOsH.png

CebolaBros64 Please send me later the files or the text please
If you are translating the pokemon X and Y also i have some translated texts.

CebolaBros64 depois me manda os textos ou os arquivos porfavor.
Se voce estiver traduzindo o pokemon X e Y tambem eu ja possuo alguns textos traduzidos

CebolaBros64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Hello guys! Well, i was really busy with school stuff, so i didn't have anytime to do almost anything. I'm really sorry X(

I've tried with a masculine character for the sake of it ;)
the world was mirrored btw lol

...which is masculine ;)

Confirmation confirmed :lol:

On the english version, the trainers quotes are separated for each gender too. But on other NPCs (like the Nurse Joy) they aren't. So, i guess i will need to use "ele(a)" one some NPCs.

awww maaaaaan you come before me .A. ... this is my fault for taking so much with platinum =A=
anyway I can help with graphics !
also if you want to, what about using my version of the ORAS logos? :D
That logo is awesome! Check your PM :P

and here, some points ...

why? every language of game translation have 100% translation, why not here? o-o

totally agree you!

man , investida" sound ood for us the same way "tackle" sound for a native englsh speacker, it's no magic worlds, just another language xD

here we have an BIG POINT
why so BIG ? (lol) because names are " tranlated on this serie! I mean ... nobody cares that Takeshi got renamed to Brock for the english version, but if a portuguese version wanted to call him "Pedro" OH GOD THEY ARE DOING A SIN! DON'T CHANGE NAMES!!!!!1111 and thes estuff ...
And don't tell me about accturate translation because I'ts ofcical and stuff because "10man boruto" (10m volts ) got translated to "thunder bolt" that is a meme because it's a flash of lightning, not the thunder / shoud not make any effect
just an example so well engslh version is nothing better in accuracy to the original :v there a lot of error, like the brazilian anime translation hahah (translating Dark to " Noturno" why the hell some fans really stuck to this failure? )

Anyway, you don't need to do it if you don't want, it's your project anyway, and I still want to help with the graphics!
But if you don't change your mind I jusnt would ask if you let me (and who would like to help) to make a "full translation" later o3o)/

I don't "hate" the Brazillian translation of the anime. I just think it would be hard to people that play the games on english to play it with the brazillian move names. Sometimes watching the anime i can't recognize the moves because i'm used to the english names.

CebolaBros64 Please send me later the files or the text please
If you are translating the pokemon X and Y also i have some translated texts.

CebolaBros64 depois me manda os textos ou os arquivos porfavor.
Se voce estiver traduzindo o pokemon X e Y tambem eu ja possuo alguns textos traduzidos
By now, i don't have any plans for another translation. But if anyone translates another game i can help on it.
(Check PM)

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That logo is awesome!
thanks!

I don't "hate" the Brazilian translation of the anime. I just think it would be hard to people that play the games on english to play it with the Brazilian move names. Sometimes watching the anime i can't recognize the moves because i'm used to the english names.
It's not about hating it ... but taking it as the model of translation quality ... they not even cared to pronounce "pikachu" right... I mena this is no something to take as base if we want to do a good translation! we have to think like people making a translation that will sell on stores, not like fans having to do it the way every one is used to ...
For example, I saw that Spanish fans aren't good having the english names for the pokemon, some even created their own names lol because each region have their own names, why not their ? it's isn't official but os how some of them want to use... anyway :v the people who ant to play in portuguese will get used to "translated moves, itens and stuff" , maybe only having an sheet to compare with the original is enough so nobody get too lost haha.

Anyway As I said, I still would like to help with the graphics , I just want to ask to upgrade" the translation when we launch the final "basic translation" patch XD

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On the english version, the trainers quotes are separated for each gender too. But on other NPCs (like the Nurse Joy) they aren't. So, i guess i will need to use "ele(a)" one some NPCs.
My idea was to translate the English strings to Brazilian Portuguese (then maybe someone from Portugal can "translate" it to European Portuguese) and replace the Spanish script instead of the English script, so you won't have to use that "(a)" ;)

(because the script for Spanish and some other languages is completely separate, unlike the English script)

Last edited by nastys,

Matson25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, can I help? I'm Brazilian and I have some friends that would love that translation! Send me a PM or something if I can help at anything!

D

Deleted User

I have no Portuguese background but I do know that the game has gender editors (i think it is like [[VAR]..] something) so you might not need o(a)

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have no Portuguese background but I do know that the game has gender editors (i think it is like [[VAR]..] something) so you might not need o(a)
well its more relative t context, but w ecan do without it thinking a bit ... We can do it on the Platinum translation here XD

modafoquer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is this still happening? I would love for my girlfriend to play the game and understand everything she's doing, i'd sign up for the translation team for this and future titles, i'd be my pleasure to help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1