[ALPHA SAPPHIRE] Portuguese Translation - HELP WANTED!

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by CebolaBros64, Nov 20, 2015.

1. CebolaBros64
    OP

CebolaBros64 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2015
    Brazil
    Behind you
    Every time a Pokemon game is released, a portuguese fan-translation is released some time later.
    This generation will not be different.

It's Pokémon Alpha Sapphire! In Portuguese!

It is at very VERY Beta stage right now, and i'm working alone at this. And i sure would want some help!
    At this time i need someone to make graphics and some people to Beta Test (I'm not with my 3DS everywhere :P). If someone could help with something else i will be happy too!

SCREENSHOTS! YAY!

Last edited by CebolaBros64, Nov 20, 2015

2. gdkchan

gdkchan GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Brazil
    Se quiser, manda uns textos que eu traduzo cara.
    Eu traduzi o Diamond do nds sozinho.

3. GoodCookie88

GoodCookie88 rekt em skrubs

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    Pode Mnadar qlqer coisa ai tbm traduzo Send me some text ill translate it for you :)

4. Ryuzaki_MrL

Ryuzaki_MrL Furry Addict

Jun 23, 2015
    Brazil
    I'm in!

5. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Amazing!, I can be a beta tester :D
    Please do not translate moves, itens, natures. Only descriptions.

Last edited by hug0-a7x, Nov 20, 2015
  6. gdkchan

gdkchan GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Brazil
    If he wants to do a serious translation, of course its necessary to translate everything, including the itens and natures. Only character names shouldn't be translated.

Tomato Hentai and Sliter like this.
  7. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    No, he shouldn't.
    That would only piss people off, it just makes no sense to translate something we've been all used to.

And probably everyone that will use this patch at the moment already speaks english, I just don't see the point here.

8. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    The first picture 'Olá, é Bem-Vindo" is incorrect. The right is "Olá, Bem-Vindo(a)" ?
    Or "Olá, Bem-Vind(x)" huehuehue zuera XD

9. gdkchan

gdkchan GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Brazil
    That would piss lazy people off. People that is too lazy to learn the new names. Anyone that prefer the english names, and speaks english may just play the english version of the game. Do you know a single officially localized game where the item names where kept in english?

10. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    Brazilian portuguese you nutcrackers.
    it is different!

Last edited by migles, Nov 20, 2015
    Nightwish likes this.
  11. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Oh Rly ?

12. Ryuzaki_MrL

Ryuzaki_MrL Furry Addict

Jun 23, 2015
    Brazil
    It would be a little odd to see a Pokémon using "Investida" instead of Tackle, that's it.
    That's why I'm using two language settings in my Pokémon fangame: dialogue language and battle language.

13. gdkchan

gdkchan GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Brazil
    Its also odd to see something like "Jogador comprou um Fresh Water" instead of "Jogador comprou Água Fresca". Or "Jogador precisa entregar Parcel" instead of "Jogador precisa entregar o Pacote". Mixing both portuguese and english names also doesn't make much sense.

djalmafreestyler likes this.
  14. CebolaBros64
    OP

CebolaBros64 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2015
    Brazil
    Behind you
    Yes, i forgot about that :P

I will NOT translate moves, items and that kind of stuff. I'm not being lazy, it's because most fans would not like the changes.

Exact!

Check PM :)

btw, i'll be only translating Alpha Sapphire by now.

djalmafreestyler and Pacheko17 like this.
  15. gdkchan

gdkchan GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Brazil
    You're doing a mistake. How the ones that doesnt know english will know what a item is?

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  16. PokéVicBR

PokéVicBR Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2015
    Brazil
    I really want to help you in translation

17. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    awww maaaaaan you come before me .A. ... this is my fault for taking so much with platinum =A=
    anyway I can help with graphics !
    also if you want to, what about using my version of the ORAS logos? :D

18. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    and here, some points ...

why? every language of game translation have 100% translation, why not here? o-o

totally agree you!

man , investida" sound ood for us the same way "tackle" sound for a native englsh speacker, it's no magic worlds, just another language xD

here we have an BIG POINT
    why so BIG ? (lol) because names are " tranlated on this serie! I mean ... nobody cares that Takeshi got renamed to Brock for the english version, but if a portuguese version wanted to call him "Pedro" OH GOD THEY ARE DOING A SIN! DON'T CHANGE NAMES!!!!!1111 and thes estuff ...
    And don't tell me about accturate translation because I'ts ofcical and stuff because "10man boruto" (10m volts ) got translated to "thunder bolt" that is a meme because it's a flash of lightning, not the thunder / shoud not make any effect
    just an example so well engslh version is nothing better in accuracy to the original :v there a lot of error, like the brazilian anime translation hahah (translating Dark to " Noturno" why the hell some fans really stuck to this failure? )

Anyway, you don't need to do it if you don't want, it's your project anyway, and I still want to help with the graphics!
    But if you don't change your mind I jusnt would ask if you let me (and who would like to help) to make a "full translation" later o3o)/

19. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
    My Portuguese level is too low, but I think you should use Spanish or Italian as base, so you can use both bem-vindo and bem-vinda instead of ben-vindo(a) (I think... I haven't actually played the game with a female character) and things like that ;)

Sliter and Pacheko17 like this.
  20. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    oh yes I forgt to look for these opitions! xD they have separate text for girl and boy ?
    This would really be of great help, but douple the text things XD
    Also to evitate " um(a)" that is something I really hate to see in a game translation (I rather put "1" instead hahaha ) I try to let like " uma unidade de" :B

oftopicv:
    maaan, awesome! you know a lot of languages, even not in a high level, and it's inclues Brazilian portuguese! wow

nastys likes this.