Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Silent Storm said:
Using the akaio loader, pokemon game music slows down when saving, is there anyway of fixing this or will it be fixed in the new version of akaio?

Not a whole lot can be done about the lag here, this is because of the way in which the 4.07 engine reads and writes, this was fixed in 4.08 and above but I have yet to be given that source.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
cory1492 said:
Minox_IX said:
Only Acekard RPG's firmware is open source, Acekard 2's firmware is still closed source.
Considering they still haven't posted RPG 4.11 source (with merged bliss features) - so much for open source.

They are lazy, just use gelu's firmware it bar FAR surpasses any other firmware for the RPG.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Giovannin said:
Normmatt said:
They are lazy, just use gelu's firmware it bar FAR surpasses any other firmware for the RPG.
Are you saying that AKAIO will stop to go on and that RPG users best switch to Gelu's firmware?

AKAIO uses Gelu's loader and has done for since v1.0, it's just gelu's firmware is always going to be more up to date than AKAIO.

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
May be in akaio 1.4 to include an screen capture for games/homebrew?

It's will be a nice feature for posting errors in programs execution (not halted ones, of course), to make database of homebrews or how-to guides, for skins presentation, etc
yaynds.gif

Please Normmat, answer me. Many thanks.
bow.gif

13375p34k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry I don't think Screen Capture will ever be a possibility on the NDS. I mean when running a game all of a DS's 4MB of ram is used up. Oh and BTW how can you get cheats to work within AKAIO for Animal Crossing Wild World. None of the cheats ever work for me...

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Screen capture could be done fairly easily, just can't be stored in a image format until a special program run on either the nds or pc is run over it, essentially turning the saved RTS file into a still frame of what was shown on screen at the time of saving, there are limitations such as no 3d and that you essentially end up with a trimmed down rts file but it can be done, just isn't worth the effort. Nor do i feel like writting a RTS function for AKAIO any time soon.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i remember the old days when you wanted to get to the black market in indiana jones on the atari 2600 you had to earn it by using the second controller with your feet! cheats take all the memories out of gaming.

-another world

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i remember the old days when you wanted to get to the black market in indiana jones on the atari 2600 you had to earn it by using the second controller with your feet! cheats take all the memories out of gaming.

-another world

Screw you, I'm an insane cheater.

I used to play games totally honestly, but then I started playing a few more Capcom games, and then I had to do reviews of games for websites. When you're playing "One", that Bruce Willis action game for the PSX, and dying the second you start level 1, you become a cheater.

Now, I'll only use cheats that don't totally ruin a game if I do like the game. Castlevania series see health,magic,hearts,money simply because I love exploring and gaining strength and finding all the items. Final Fantasy games typically involve money, etc.

But go play One on PSX without cheating and complain about your memories!

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
Screen capture could be done fairly easily, just can't be stored in a image format until a special program run on either the nds or pc is run over it, essentially turning the saved RTS file into a still frame of what was shown on screen at the time of saving, there are limitations such as no 3d and that you essentially end up with a trimmed down rts file but it can be done, just isn't worth the effort. Nor do i feel like writting a RTS function for AKAIO any time soon.

Many thanks for your complete answer. I wish that you change your point of view some day. BTW you are great!

PS: Have you see that the new m3sakura have an akaio skin included?
wtf.gif
I'm very confused with that and seem that nobody mention it
unsure.gif

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey so can you guys add the features that I liked from YSMenu that AKAIO doens't have for the 3in1? (Auto saving save file at startup / Not auto saving NOR save file and seperate button to save the NOR save file)
Those are the reasons I'm still using YSMenu

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
today as im trying to cut my metroid prime hunters game from microsdhc to nand, my ds kinda froze half way, well not really froze, the loading thing was still blinking and clock was still going, but the copying progress bar was just stuck at around 50%, this scared the heebe-jeebies out of me from knowing what can happen when you shut off the ds while the nand is reading/writing, so i let the batteries die out and my nand luckily didnt die on me, but now question is what can be done to copy it to my nand from microsdhc w/o the use of a pc? cause metroid prime hunters wasnt running off microsdhc...

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DaMummy said:
today as im trying to cut my metroid prime hunters game from microsdhc to nand, my ds kinda froze half way, well not really froze, the loading thing was still blinking and clock was still going, but the copying progress bar was just stuck at around 50%, this scared the heebe-jeebies out of me from knowing what can happen when you shut off the ds while the nand is reading/writing, so i let the batteries die out and my nand luckily didnt die on me, but now question is what can be done to copy it to my nand from microsdhc w/o the use of a pc? cause metroid prime hunters wasnt running off microsdhc...
Why can't you use a PC do to it?

AFAIK you can either do it in the menu or on the PC and thats about it, not sure if there's any homebrew file browsers that can access the nand and microsd at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Found a bag of unpopped pop corn expired March 23 eating it anyway +1