Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
First, let me thank a lot for this brilliant app.
smile.gif

One thing that bothers me a bit, though, is that AKAIO doesn't save the "Use FAS1" option for me. Flashing to FA card seems to "work" (well, the games play, even though I always get a "Verify Failed" message), but for some reason I have to activate this option each time I want to flash a GBA file to Slot-1. Is there a way to make that permanent?

Oh, and let me know if I can help you in any way in getting rid of that "Verify Failed" bug. A flashed and then backed up again ROM (backed up with GBA Backup Tool 0.21) shows differences using diff. But the Game works.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
my understanding was (and i own a f2a so i can't test this) is that you highlight the gba and click fas1 to flash to your flash advance kit from slot 1. its not an on/off option but a button that tells the flashing routine to go and do its thing. smiths would be better to comment on it as its his code.

-another world

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
enarky said:
First, let me thank a lot for this brilliant app.
smile.gif

One thing that bothers me a bit, though, is that AKAIO doesn't save the "Use FAS1" option for me. Flashing to FA card seems to "work" (well, the games play, even though I always get a "Verify Failed" message), but for some reason I have to activate this option each time I want to flash a GBA file to Slot-1. Is there a way to make that permanent?

Oh, and let me know if I can help you in any way in getting rid of that "Verify Failed" bug. A flashed and then backed up again ROM (backed up with GBA Backup Tool 0.21) shows differences using diff. But the Game works.

I don't know why verify fails for you, but I can answer the resetting thing: that's intentional.

Unfortunately FAS1 can mess with some other carts and whatnot and for the sake of "Not creating bugs" I set it to be off at each bootup.

I'd love to keep it on, as it's the only Slot2 flash device i use (though a 3in1 is on the way, thanks guys!). But knowing it can cause a random bug, I just can't keep it on.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Too bad, but I guess not being responsible for dozens of dead GBA cards outweighs that litle inconvenience.
wink.gif

Tested a little more and it looks like I get the "Verify Failed" error only on 256 MBit ROMs, like Mother 3 or the Pogoshell compilation I tried to flash. Smaller ROMs (tried trimmed and untrimmed Advance Guardian Heroes, 64 MBit/63 MBit, and Mario Golf, 128 MBit) seem to flash okay, but the resulting ROM always differs from the flashed one. This could very well be a GBA Backup Tool issue, though, since it always dumps 256 MBit ROMs and I have to truncate them to the correct size manually... unfortunately I don't have a parallel port anymore and can't use my Flash Advance Linker to dump.

AKIO alwys displays the filesize wrong, 33.55MB for a 256 MBit ROM, 8.15MB for the 63 MBit trimmed ROM and 16.78MB for 128 MBit. Maybe that has something to do with my flashing issue?

I'm using a 256 MBit FA Pro card with a DS Lite and a Acekard 2.1.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
enarky said:
AKAIO alwys displays the filesize wrong, 33.55MB for a 256 MBit ROM, 8.15MB for the 63 MBit trimmed ROM and 16.78MB for 128 MBit. Maybe that has something to do with my flashing issue?
You are quoting the size in Mbits, AKAIO is quoting it in MBytes - 256Mbit = 32MB, 64Mbit = 8MB, 128Mbit = 16MB

Though I can't help with the problem itself
wink.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Joey90 said:
enarky said:
AKAIO alwys displays the filesize wrong, 33.55MB for a 256 MBit ROM, 8.15MB for the 63 MBit trimmed ROM and 16.78MB for 128 MBit. Maybe that has something to do with my flashing issue?
You are quoting the size in Mbits, AKAIO is quoting it in MBytes - 256Mbit = 32MB, 64Mbit = 8MB, 128Mbit = 16MB

Though I can't help with the problem itself
wink.gif
Thanks for the help, but I'm aware of the MBit/MByte difference.
smile.gif

AKIO really lists those odd MByte numbers (33.55MB for a 256 MBit, 16.78MB for 128 MBit), which actually don't correspond to the real size in MBit.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
So, you're displaying size in base 10 units, not in base 2? This might be SI compatible, but it's quite confusing in the real world.

[EDIT]
Wikipedia said:
[...]By the end of 2007, standards and government authorities including IEC, IEEE, EU, and NIST, had addressed this ambiguity by promulgating standards requiring the use of megabyte to describe strictly 1000^2 bytes and "mebibyte" to describe 1024^2 bytes. [...]
Gnah, those are engineering organizations, but I bet most of the people who decided this were actually managers.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
enarky said:
So, you're displaying size in base 10 units, not in base 2? This might be SI compatible, but it's quite confusing in the real world.

[EDIT]
Wikipedia said:
[...]By the end of 2007, standards and government authorities including IEC, IEEE, EU, and NIST, had addressed this ambiguity by promulgating standards requiring the use of megabyte to describe strictly 1000^2 bytes and "mebibyte" to describe 1024^2 bytes. [...]
Gnah, those are engineering organizations, but I bet most of the people who decided this were actually managers.

Theres a difference between MB(Mega Byte) and Mb(Mega bit). AKAIO displays the size in MB(Mega Byte), it wouldn't be hard to display it in Mb though if someone really wants it as an option.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Normmatt said:
Theres a difference between MB(Mega Byte) and Mb(Mega bit). AKAIO displays the size in MB(Mega Byte), it wouldn't be hard to display it in Mb though if someone really wants it as an option.Trust me, like I said, I really know about that difference. Read my post again and calculate the numbers:
QUOTE('enarky')33.55MB for a 256 MBit ROM, 8.15MB for the 63 MBit trimmed ROM and 16.78MB for 128 MBit
In base-2-world 256 MBit would be exactly 32 MByte, 63 MBit would be 7.875 MByte and 128 MBit would equal 16 MByte.

It's when you use base 10 for the units, that means a kByte is 10^3/1000 byte instead of 2^10/1024 byte and a MByte is 10^3/1000 KByte instead of 2^10/1024 KByte, that 256 MBit becomes 33.55 MByte, et cetera.

So it's really the difference between MegaByte/MB and MebiByte/MiB that confused me.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
enarky said:
Normmatt said:
Theres a difference between MB(Mega Byte) and Mb(Mega bit). AKAIO displays the size in MB(Mega Byte), it wouldn't be hard to display it in Mb though if someone really wants it as an option.Trust me, like I said, I really know about that difference. Read my post again and calculate the numbers:
QUOTE('enarky')33.55MB for a 256 MBit ROM, 8.15MB for the 63 MBit trimmed ROM and 16.78MB for 128 MBit
In base-2-world 256 MBit would be exactly 32 MByte, 63 MBit would be 7.875 MByte and 128 MBit would equal 16 MByte.

It's when you use base 10 for the units, that means a kByte is 10^3/1000 byte instead of 2^10/1024 byte and a MByte is 10^3/1000 KByte instead of 2^10/1024 KByte, that 256 MBit becomes 33.55 MByte, et cetera.

So it's really the difference between MegaByte/MB and MebiByte/MiB that confused me.

I've personally never heard of a Mebibyte, and to me a kilobyte is and will always be 1024bytes. and a megabyte to me is 1024 x 1024 bytes.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Em so why does dstt load roms instantly and the Acekard 2.1 shows loading screen then boots up? :wtf:
also dstt skips the health screen, can u program acekard to do the same please?

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
ganons said:
Em so why does dstt load roms instantly and the Acekard 2.1 shows loading screen then boots up? :wtf:

dry.gif
Ganons, you already posted this question in another thread two days ago...and were answered two days ago. Here's a link to the post with your question and the answer.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
VatoLoco said:
ganons said:

dry.gif
Ganons, you already posted this question in another thread two days ago...and were answered two days ago. Here's a link to the post with your question and the answer.

your method is lond winded.

Why can the DSTT do it and Acekard cant? Its obviously software related in the slot 1

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
ganons Posted Today, 08:05 AM
your method is lond winded.

Dont ask a question if you dont want an answer.

You've asked the same question three times now, and if you cant get it figured out, you're on you're own.

btw, DSTT can suck my salty schweaty balls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==