Gaming A Game Boy Advance 1:1 clone with extras.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which of the 2 K1GBA SP's has the best abilitys and do US game cards work with the system? why because im considering getting one and Never owned ANY FAKE CONULES BEFORE so that means no jerks are allowed to answer this question just a straight up answer.

Reactions: kotaku.com

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Another World for being professional about this, and for posting the comparison pictures for the screen resolution. Regarding PocketNES, typically when you press L+R to get to the PocketNES menu it'll have the version number right there at the bottom of the screen. If that's gone, I'm not sure what to think. The very latest versions don't have any speedhack options since they're no longer needed, but that's the only identifying characteristic I can think of.

EDIT: I must be thinking of something else, because I don't think there's a "speedhack" menu in the very very old version I still have on my F2A Ultra cart. There is a distinction with the newer versions but I forgot what it is. The PocketHeaven thread may shed some light on the situation.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey Dan,
what i found out is that maxzhou88 is the only person releasing firmware updates. apparently there are only 2 good Product IDs (PIDs) right now, although maxzhou has access to more numbers for his systems. if you get one of the supported PIDs then you will get the updated firmware and along with that the emulators. when i found that much out i poked a bit more and learned that the emus are updates of the emus i mentioned but have been "enhanced" for this system. for pocketnes the version number simply says "PocketNES 2012 for GBA". i was told that maxzhou added his custom mappers for the ShenZhen Nanjing Technology roms from his release of PocketNES that has become rather difficult to find. with the other emus i only have my assumptions to go on but it is clear that the gbc emu is a mix between goomba color sources and goomba paletted. the other emus have different in-game menus but share enough similarities (include compatibility) for me to assume that they are the ones i typed above. so what does all mean? well not much if compatibility isn't improved. it may be better to just use the latest releases from the developers themselves, accept for the fact that their in-game menus may contain options that do not apply to this system (like gameboy player options or something along those lines).

@[member='Generation 16']: this SP sized version only runs roms on hardware not emulation, the hardware just happens to be a System on a Chip (SoC). the SoC mimics the GBA without any additional things. if the GBA did it then this pretty much does, aside from the GB/GBC hardware =(. they are releasing a K2 system that will have a dingoo-like shape and feature more options like a RTC. there is no word yet if it will support anything for the special hardware carts, but i highly doubt it because that stuff would be rather expensive to incorporate. the K1 does have the potential for a software based RTC. i read that it should be implemented at some point, i'm not exactly sure how fun it will be, as real time events won't happen when its shut down, but timed events will on the next bootup.

Which of the 2 K1GBA SP's has the best abilitys and do US game cards work with the system? why because im considering getting one and Never owned ANY FAKE CONULES BEFORE so that means no jerks are allowed to answer this question just a straight up answer.

yes, it plays real games just fine. the only issue i've had is a few connection issues between the clone hardware connector and older gba games. the problem is that the "nintendo" part of the bios does not display. i had to researt one game in particular a few times before it loaded correctly.

PID number 00610601 is upgradable. it is sold by China Taobao (i think?). it is the first unit made by maxzhou and from what i understand one of the first to feature the k-team's SoC. PID number 00610603 is the unit sold by k1gba.com. it is also a maxzhou unit, according to my contact at the k-team. K1GBA has informed me that maxzhou will be supporting this new system, and that they are speaking with him/her daily about updates. I have already made a few suggestions which I was promised were forwarded onto maxzhau. however, at this point there have been no updates for the 00610603 unit. it is running a later firmware that the last official release from maxzhau. with that knowledge you should be able to make a more informed purchase.

-another world

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RE Cheats:

I haven't looked through all se .chts but I'm fairly sure that at least most of them are RAM pokes only (originally used for cheating with PC emulators via EmuCheat) that contain craploads of bad cheats. An alternative is to use *shameless self promotion* GBAATM (linked in my sig) to use any GS3/SP, CodeBreaker Advance codes to build the cheats into the game.

pixelelated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been emailing with the K1GBA team to get some more information. Here are some interesting bits:

1) Currently, the K1 supports scaling the resolution to the 320 width, and scaling and stretching to 320 x 240, but not displaying in the native resolution (240 x 160)
2) There are plans to add a native resolution mode to an updated firmware
3) The new firmware that supports this is due out "in the coming days" and is currently with the manufacturer
4) The black model is currently not in stock, and I don't yet have an ETA on when they'll have it available for sale

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
The appeal in the long run for me is using the SoC at its full power for emulation of other systems, instead of just using its underclocked mode for GBA games.

Yes, this is the killer app for the system. Having a near GBA compatible system in addition to being able to play a selection of homebrew (similar in concept to the Dingoo or Game Gadget).

Any idea if (or when) this is being added?

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I order from taobao. Same on other roms. Seem's problem only with my device.
The version you bought from taobao is different from the one sold on k1gba.com. You need to contact the taobao seller for this issue because its version is different from ours.( pids are different).The version selling on k1gba.com do not have such sound problem till now. Thanks.

I ordered one of these via zarmark months ago and never received it, Im a little confused over the PID's.
The ones sold on taobao have a PID 00601603 and were the first ones that were being sold as maxzouh88's firmware compatible.
k1gba.com later comes along and sell PID 00610601

taobao page now lists both PID's:
Zhou brother player version (maxzhou88's the Game the Players version) PID:
00,610,601 Toppoly screen (TongBao LCM)

00610603 Sharp screen (Sharp LCM)
is the screen the only difference or am I missing something as it appears if I have read it correct that the one Another World received as a review unit also has a PID of 00610603?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the first version that was upgradable is PID 00610601 and is a maxzouh88 unit. the second version that will be upgradable is PID 00610603 and is also a maxzouh88 unit. the 00610603 unit is the one sold by k1gba.com. it does not yet have an upgrade released but ships with a later firmware revision. k1gba has informed me that maxzouh88 will be supporting the unit, apparently it was part of their business deal.

from what k1gba told me their unit does have a better screen. i'm not sure of the differences, only what i was told.

i hope that info helps you,
-another world

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for your professional support, Another World. You are right. The first version that sold from Taobao( via zarmark) is with the PID 00610601. It is using the Toppoly screen (TongBao LCM). maxzouh88 had created the upgraded firmware for this version.
The version that K1gba.com sold is with PID 00610603 is also from K-team. Maxzhou88 make these batch for us by himself. This version is using a better screen- Sharp screen which have a better picture output. I think you guys can compare these two versions. You will find how better what k1gba.com sold. Because these two different screen, they will have different upgrade firmware. For the PID 00610603 version, we had contacted Maxzhou88. He promised to release the update firmware in these coming days. I will bring it to you guys as soon as I got it.

Both these two versions are from the same factory, the same technical team. The reason why k1gba.com is released is for people worldwide buy K1 easier. As some people complained that it is hard to buy from taobao( via zarmark), and the shipping is very very slow, then we build k1gba.com for you guys. An English on line shop with prompt customer support, it will help you guys a lot while buying k1. As we know people like you guys genius at emulator games, we had something changed for K1 sold on k1gba.com. The better screen, gaming control, original materials ect...

For the other two colors- black and blue, they are still not available. We suggest you guys select the silver one. We will release our stocks for these three colors every day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    but that's a long shot
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
    DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma: I'm new! Hi!