OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
=======================================
9/11/2017

Ver 1.21 UPDATE

• Added "Equipped" flag for weapons and armors.
  • All tables are now sortable.
  • Added export/import egg feature.
  • Egg/monster export and import now support cross-version transfers (USA->JPN, JPN->USA).
Tutorial updated monster skill ID list, SnS ID list, Armor ID list. Credit: TKT.

Seriously, PLEASE read the tutorial. It's not just "how to use the software".
=======================================
MHSEC-G (Monster Hunter Stories Editor Crappy - GUI) is an upgrade to my previously-released, commandline-based editor MHSEC.

Features:
- Character editing
- Monster editing
- Egg / Egg fragment editing.
- Item editing.
- Talisman / Weapon / Armor editing.

Tutorial:
Game mechanics, Monster Species IDs, Gene IDs, Talisman Skill IDs, etc...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kDp23ITXZOLDF63C9mbsyRx8iw1DlLgLT7n0yNepAhc/edit?usp=sharing

Source code (C#):
https://github.com/secXsQuared/MHSEC-G

Release (Download):
https://github.com/secXsQuared/MHSEC-G/releases

Important Notes for running the editor:
1. .NET 4.0 is required.
2. The program will auto-save after every change. Therefore you don't really have to click "save" until the very end when you finish editing everything.
3. Please report any bugs.

Acknowledgement:
Everyone in this thread, especially mana_ran for gene translation. (credited in the tutorial).
Discussion thread in bbs.duowan.com (credited in the tutorial).

Last edited by secXsQuared,

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice man, sorry i havent been able to be much of help. Havent got time to look at the source but the editor crashes as soons as i "load" a file in.

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice man, sorry i havent been able to be much of help. Havent got time to look at the source but the editor crashes as soons as i "load" a file in.
Hey I've heard of similar issues. Do you mind
1. making sure that you have .Net 4.0 installed.
2. sharing you save file so I can look into it?

I have tried that on some people's save files and it worked on mine.
Don't know if this is a compilation issue (similar to the the very first C version).

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I've heard of similar issues. Do you mind
1. making sure that you have .Net 4.0 installed.
2. sharing you save file so I can look into it?

I have tried that on some people's save files and it worked on mine.
Don't know if this is a compilation issue (similar to the the very first C version).
Yeah i do have .Net 4.0 installed. When i run debugger, i get a "an unhandled microsoft .net framework exception occured in MHSEC-G.exe". I dont know how giving my savefile will help but here you go nonetheless.

Attachments

• mhr_game0.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,977

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah i do have .Net 4.0 installed. When i run debugger, i get a "an unhandled microsoft .net framework exception occured in MHSEC-G.exe". I dont know how giving my savefile will help but here you go nonetheless.
Okay I'm stupid. I misspelled an ID-offset mapping and you know what my program enforces that. The only thing needs to be changed is the "idmap.txt"

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fixed the typo ([OFFSET] 0x9B0 [Item ID] 0x26 NOT 0x2E6 [Item Name] Elder dragon blood)
I also fixed a few things including "throwing exceptions instead of bug check in case of inconsistency".

Check the OP.

mana_ran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So the gene ID's are the ones posted on bbs.duowan right?

Do you need help translating them from Chinese to actual Japanese text like in-game version?
or translating their Japanese effects (skills that comes with the gene) to English?

I can help with either

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So the gene ID's are the ones posted on bbs.duowan right?

Do you need help translating them from Chinese to actual Japanese text like in-game version?
or translating their Japanese effects (skills that comes with the gene) to English?

I can help with either

Yes they are from the duowan forum.

Your intention to help is very appreciated.
Although not 100% complete, the gene list contains most of the common genes.
I'd really appreciate it if you help translate the genes into in-game Japanese names.

Please do me a favor if you'd like to translate - make gene ids little-endian ("ABCD" in the original list becomes "CDAB") since some people inputted the values in the wrong endianness and crashed the game.

I'll be working on ver 0.2 of the editor, which introduces talisman editing (oh no! brand new sets of skill ids...) and a few new DLC monster egg fragments.

mana_ran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright. I'll use the editor to test the gene codes in my save. Will probably record it in some spreadsheet format (your little endian comment is noted - will keep that in mind).

mana_ran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright. So I got to identify some of the genes (testing the position of the gene and what is tied to them):

Each gene will have:
1. Type (Power, Speed, Technique, or No-Type) = this correspond to rock/paper/scissors attack in the battle
2. Element or Status (Fire, Water, Thunder, Ice, Dragon, Blast, Poison, Paralysis, etc)
3. Skill = Either Active Skill (A Move monster can use in battle) or Passive skill (activate all the time or when certain conditions are met, like armor skill in Monster hunter)
4. One or Two Effects = These are 'Effect points' assigned toward certain skill like armor skill in Monster hunter; for example Fire attack Up + 2, Def up + 3. Still not sure if you need certain amount minimum or you have to line in 'bingo' style like the bonuses.

Example of the format is shown below. I'll get around to recording them in big batch this weekend. If you played monster hunter before, you can kind of guess which gene belongs to which monster
Geneformat.jpg

FlynnScifo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice editor! So Molten Tigrex (20) Oroshi Kirin (21), White Monoblos (1F) are present in MHStories ... any information about, Lucent Nargacuga, Zamtrios sub and abyssal Lagia?

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice editor! So Molten Tigrex (20) Oroshi Kirin (21), White Monoblos (1F) are present in MHStories ... any information about, Lucent Nargacuga, Zamtrios sub and abyssal Lagia?
Not sure. But people are definitely testing them out. Just need to be patient and wait for the code.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright. So I got to identify some of the genes (testing the position of the gene and what is tied to them):

Each gene will have:
1. Type (Power, Speed, Technique, or No-Type) = this correspond to rock/paper/scissors attack in the battle
2. Element or Status (Fire, Water, Thunder, Ice, Dragon, Blast, Poison, Paralysis, etc)
3. Skill = Either Active Skill (A Move monster can use in battle) or Passive skill (activate all the time or when certain conditions are met, like armor skill in Monster hunter)
4. One or Two Effects = These are 'Effect points' assigned toward certain skill like armor skill in Monster hunter; for example Fire attack Up + 2, Def up + 3. Still not sure if you need certain amount minimum or you have to line in 'bingo' style like the bonuses.

Example of the format is shown below. I'll get around to recording them in big batch this weekend. If you played monster hunter before, you can kind of guess which gene belongs to which monster
View attachment 66643

Nice table! That's exactly what people will be looking for. Thanks!

I can translate the English names to proper names - "Purple poison bird gene" = "Purple Gypceros Gene". Guess MHST is your first MH game?

Reactions: FlynnScifo

mana_ran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure. But people are definitely testing them out. Just need to be patient and wait for the code.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nice table! That's exactly what people will be looking for. Thanks!

I can translate the English names to proper names - "Purple poison bird gene" = "Purple Gypceros Gene". Guess MHST is your first MH game?

Lol, sorry; I know it's purple gypceros.
Bird wyvern and blue bird wyvern are yian kut-ku and blue yian kut-ku, respectively.

I just took the literal translation because in Japanese text some gene use exact name (like Aptonoth) and some uses description (Bird Wyvern), and I'm not sure if some redundancy will pop up later. I can attribute the monster name in another column then. (Yian Garuga will literally be 'Black Wolf Bird Wyvern', for example). Note that some gene are not attribute to specific monsters.

As for the active/passive skill name, I'm taking some liberties. For example, Kakyuu (火球) literally means 'fire ball' and I'm going with that, but Kaenkyuu (火炎球) literally translates to 'fire fire ball' which sounds silly; so for that one you'll get 'Flaming Fireball of Doom' which sounds much more EPIC. Your welcome.

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, sorry; I know it's purple gypceros.
Bird wyvern and blue bird wyvern are yian kut-ku and blue yian kut-ku, respectively.

I just took the literal translation because in Japanese text some gene use exact name (like Aptonoth) and some uses description (Bird Wyvern), and I'm not sure if some redundancy will pop up later. I can attribute the monster name in another column then. (Yian Garuga will literally be 'Black Wolf Bird Wyvern', for example). Note that some gene are not attribute to specific monsters.

As for the active/passive skill name, I'm taking some liberties. For example, Kakyuu (火球) literally means 'fire ball' and I'm going with that, but Kaenkyuu (火炎球) literally translates to 'fire fire ball' which sounds silly; so for that one you'll get 'Flaming Fireball of Doom' which sounds much more EPIC. Your welcome.

Anyways, good job! Look forward to the translation table!

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No to all of them judging from a look at the monster list from the ROM.

Nice progress on the editor!
I haven't looked into the save data at all yet, but is there a reason why no existing editor offers to replace monsters yet (like, the actual monster i.e. change Aptonoth to Narga or whatever).

Last edited by _eyCaRambA_,

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I haven't looked into the save data at all yet, but is there a reason why no existing editor offers to replace monsters yet (like, the actual monster i.e. change Aptonoth to Narga or whatever).
Yes. Because a lot of the monster offsets are still unknown, the most "legit" way to get a monster is to hatch it from the egg so the game takes care of all the offsets. Although directly changing the species in the editor does NOT crash your game, the edited monster MIGHT have some issues.

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country

There are 2 main reasons for why this isnt a good idea.

1- If you change a monster species, it keeps everything else including the special move. Like the Velocidromes jump or the Tigrex's super dash. Like how @ScarletKohaku testing before, if you change a narga into something like a zinogre, the zinogre wont have the animations to turn invisible like the narga and the game will crash/softlock if you try using its special move.

2- Its about how legal the monster is and if you take it online. Since any monster can have any genes, that wont be a problem but there are stuff like rarity, saddle colour and maybe even IV/Stat boosters. I dont know how Saddle colour works but if you edit something like a Aptonoth to Narga. The Narga will display like its Rarity 1 when it should be like 4-5 i think. It would be like having full fatalis armour while your HR1 in a normal monster hunter game. Lost of people might forfeit the match when they see your hacked monsters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...