Gaming A Game Boy Advance 1:1 clone with extras.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the K1 can play all gba flash cards. I kjow this because I have a K1 and many flash cards
Oh? Huh... I could've sworn I read somewhere that it couldn't...
I have an early model so mine has RTC also. From what I've been able to gather K1 has plans to reintroduce RTC in the next version

Reactions: kotaku.com

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
can this play original gameboy advance cartridge?

EDIT: it cant based on the faqs

i've been testing with real carts all week. they are working fine, but oddly have the same issues as the roms. for example, classic nes super mario bros. has some flashing graphics. the bottom row of pixels flash a bit like a scanline issue. it does this on both the rom and the cart. the official sp doesn't do this, so i know its not the cart.

my m3 lite in the gba shell is working perfectly. i would assume that all flash kits work but they wrote that only some might work because they didn't have them to test with.

@[member='dickfour'], what slot-2 kits have you found working?

-another world

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can this play original gameboy advance cartridge?

EDIT: it cant based on the faqs

i've been testing with real carts all week. they are working fine, but oddly have the same issues as the roms. for example, classic nes super mario bros. has some flashing graphics. the bottom row of pixels flash a bit like a scanline issue. it does this on both the rom and the cart. the official sp doesn't do this, so i know its not the cart.

my m3 lite in the gba shell is working perfectly. i would assume that all flash kits work but they wrote that only some might work because they didn't have them to test with.

@[member='dickfour'], what slot-2 kits have you found working?

-another world
I'm a little surprised by what's not working
I've also encountered old home brew that's not working and a few emulators also old
I imagine this list might be a little different on the new version of the K1
Working
EZ flash III
EZ flash V
EFA Linker II lite
Top Flash
Some generic blue card from DX that says NDS&GBA
M3 perfect
eLink 2

Not working
EZ IV
Super Card mini sd

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i've also found some homebrew that isn't working. the files work fine when launching them off my m3 lite onto an official sp. i guess the SoC could use an update to support some homebrew. one feature i would like to see added is the ability to fix the header before the homebrew is launched. =)

thanks for the list, it is interesting to read what flash kits are not working.

-another world

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
say, when will the next k1 update come out? And where?
and
if anyone's in contact with maxzhou or whoever will release updates, can you ask for sav file compatibility(like 64k flash,128kflash, other types like eeprom )etc so that they become compatibile with other emu saves?
I don't want to play games from start.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working
EZ flash III
EZ flash V
EFA Linker II lite
Top Flash
Some generic blue card from DX that says NDS&GBA
M3 perfect
eLink 2

Not working
EZ IV
Super Card mini sd
Where did you buy your Top Flash card from? I like to try out odd ball carts. Please PM me a link because my Googling only led to one seller, and it appears they either don't sell them any more or they're out of stock. Thanks.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
It might be easier to ask Shuny or UniqueGeek to add support for the K1 in their conversation applications.
I haven't seen any update on either of their programs in ages. Maxzhou88 is a much better choice IMO.

i got in touch with shuny a few hours ago. he said he take a look at it and see about making a little tool to convert the save types. hopefully he can come up with something.

-another world

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The manufacture confirm that, K1 can be used on the below catridge:( K1 GBA is hardware clone of GBA)

1. The original GBA catridge
2. The flash card for GBA( m3, Elink...)
3. k - card specially used on K1 not the original GBA

In fact, K-card is the special flash card for K1 but it can be only used on K1.

Only the K-card has the best gaming experience running on K1. You guys can test it on more catridge and share them here.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
It might be easier to ask Shuny or UniqueGeek to add support for the K1 in their conversation applications.
I haven't seen any update on either of their programs in ages. Maxzhou88 is a much better choice IMO.

I went my route and right now I have a tool for converting EMU saves to the K1 format. I haven't had time to test it on much yet. I don't have any Slot-2 kits set up right now to test it with their saves. But for PC emulation it is working great so far.

-another world

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an early model so mine has RTC also. From what I've been able to gather K1 has plans to reintroduce RTC in the next version
So wait, the first K-Team GBA SP models had hardware RTC? In that case why was it removed?

It appears the required crystal oscillator (Small silver cyclinder with two legs) for hardware RTC is present on V1 PCB designs from maxzhou88:-
http://hi.baidu.com/...9fa61e1211.html

Then in V2 and V3.1 PCB designs its removed?:-

Will hardware RTC ever be added back to the GBA SP design?

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
no it will not. they already stated that RTC will be a feature of the K2, with the dingoo form factor.
I understand the new 'K101' design will have hardware RTC:-
http://obscurehandhe...of-k101-images/
It does look very nice, but I would prefer to use the original GBA SP design to keep that 'authentic' Nintendo feeling, if you see what I mean.

It just seems a shame if hardware RTC cant be put back onto the GBA SP design, especially when it was present on V1.

where did you find the pcb shots of the new sp design?
V1 and V2 PCB pictures are from maxzhou88's blog:-
V3.1 PCB picture is from maxzhou88's posts in the baidu forums:-
http://tieba.baidu.c...d=0#19284692700

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it will not. they already stated that RTC will be a feature of the K2, with the dingoo form factor.
I understand the new 'K101' design will have hardware RTC:-
http://obscurehandhe...of-k101-images/
It does look very nice, but I would prefer to use the original GBA SP design to keep that 'authentic' Nintendo feeling, if you see what I mean.

It just seems a shame if hardware RTC cant be put back onto the GBA SP design, especially when it was present on V1.

where did you find the pcb shots of the new sp design?
V1 and V2 PCB pictures are from maxzhou88's blog:-
V3.1 PCB picture is from maxzhou88's posts in the baidu forums:-
http://tieba.baidu.c...d=0#19284692700
Just took a look at that K101 - it looks pretty sweet. I can't deny that I rather enjoy Bootleg stuff, if for nothing other than the novelty, but this looks like it's a nice piece of hardware, actually. Great, now I want one, thanks a lot... D: :P

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
and can someone(most probably unique geek) make a save file converter compatible with k1 saves?

try using his converter to do raw to raw and then specify the save size. i have a tool from shuny that will be released when the review gets published (probably in the next 2-3 days).

-another world

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you guys tried looking in the top left corner of the circuit board? The real time clock parts are staring right at you, or am I wrong??
AFAIK Thats the CPU clock/timing crystal.

The V1 PCB has two crystal oscillators, one for the CPU, and one for the hardware RTC.

The V2 and V3.1 PCB only have one for the CPU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: