[Tutorial] Importing and Exporting VC DS Saves (testing needed)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by zeron88, May 19, 2016.

1. zeron88
    OP

zeron88 Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Importing and Exporting DS Saves from VC

What this Tutorial is for:
    Importing and exporting saves from the DS VC from or to .sav files.
    .sav are used by most emulators and flashcards.

Importing saves to the VC
    1. Start the VC game and save it
    2. On your PC, go to the save folder of the VC (ex. SD:\wiiu\saves\DS VC\80000001)
    3. Delete all .state files in there
    4. You now should have a .save file there. Note down its name and delete it.
    5. Take your .sav you want to inject, rename it to the name of the .save (extension included!)
    6. Once you boot the game, your save should be there.

Exporting saves from the VC
    1. On your PC, go to the save folder of the VC (ex. SD:\wiiu\saves\DS VC\80000001)
    2. Copy the .save and rename it if you want
    3. Change the extension of the copy from .save to .sav.

As already in the title, this needs testing.

Please answer to this thread telling me if it worked or not!
    Games tested

Last edited by zeron88, May 20, 2016
  2. OfficialFBomb

OfficialFBomb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Can you elaborate more?

Last edited by OfficialFBomb, Nov 13, 2016
    Moon164 likes this.
  3. JV1986

JV1986 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    United States
    Tested this out with Tomodachi Collection(Legit JAP ONLY cart for NDS), and it works.

The DS VC was the fan-made English version(patched from v1.1), and copied that save directly to the cart(which was a v1.0 copy). Strange how that was compatible. Never knew I could use a later version's release in an older version. Not certain for other titles, but this one was what I used. And yes, I saved a back-up of my original save before transferring the Wii U version directly to the NDS cart via TWLSaveTool...incase of a technical hiccup. Thankfully, it worked.

Thanks.

4. Fener1907

Fener1907 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    Germany
    tested pokemon platin europe version german does not work

5. Fener1907

Fener1907 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    Germany
    Hello dear people I have a problem I have followed the instructions if someone has tested pokemon platinum please ask for help
    because I tried it it did not work if someone had done it please report how he did it because with me it is not done with the nerves
    I thank you in advance

6. XularusXIII

XularusXIII Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2012
    United States
    I've tried this with Etrian Odyssey and the game just hangs when I try to boot it afterward. I have the game installed on USB, and I replaced the save file there, but is there a file to replace on my SD, as well?

7. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Test with Pokémon SoulSilver with PT-BR patch Translate, IT'S WORK !! Thank so much xD

Now i can transfer all my Pokemon in Diamond to SoulSilver when i'm playing on Wii U with DeSmume ( I Hope i can transfer with local DeSmume or Wiimmfi servers ) and keep playing SoulSilver on Wii U with all my Pokemon

PS: I Use SaveMii to Backup my Pokémon SoulSilver ( Inject DSVC ) save file and i got test on DeSmume with your tutorial and work, maybe i can use the R4 on My DS Lite save file on Wii U Now

PS: Sorry for my English, Brazilian here.

Last edited by Moon164, Mar 14, 2018