Hacking 9.3.0-21 Nintendo 3DS Update Released

LegendaryFighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm really sorry if anyone has asked this but there are so many pages of replies that I don't know where to look for.
Well, my regular Nintendo 3DS XL arrived today (WORST...TIMING...EVER!) and it came with the firmware 6.2.0
I didn't connect it to the Internet but I'd like to ask you: what do you advise me to do at this point?

There are two options:
1) GW won't support 9.3. Then you should wait until there may be a game with 9.0/2 and update thorugh this.
2) GW will support 9.3. Then you should update.

I suggest you don't do anything with your console and wait until there are further information.

EDIT: too late :/

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm if Devmenu/BigBlueMenu still works, either trying to install, or already installed? Also, what happens to games you've already installed after the update?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was no 9.3.0-20. That last number advances by one for each new update (usually, though it has skipped a few numbers. But it always increases or stays the same if it's a small update). 9.2.0-20 is the one you're thinking of. The last number became 21 when 9.3 came out. ;)

If you had checked this page:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/667/p/430

You would have known that. :P
The number after the dash is the e-shop version number
If you had checked this page

http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Home_Menu

You would have known that bwahahaha :ph34r:

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

lol too much trolling in this sentence, using codes, spelling words backwards, what the actual fuck haha. Anyway - just wait for more information. It won't be long now, at their height they were rolling out updates hours after nintendo did (for 4.5) but lately with the advancements of a new exploit theyre obviously very busy, I'm sure they'll get around to giving us more information.

JorgeSalgado

Trophies
XP
Thank you for your answers! Maybe the original post should be updated with this kind of information.
I'm crossing my fingers that Nintendo didn't find Gateway's exploit and it will still work on this new firmware.
There are two options:
1) GW won't support 9.3. Then you should wait until there may be a game with 9.0/2 and update thorugh this.
2) GW will support 9.3. Then you should update.

I suggest you don't do anything with your console and wait until there are further information.

EDIT: too late :/

What do you mean by that, LegendaryFighter? The "too late" part?

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you just search for it on Google instead of arguing over something you don't know about? The info is already written on the web...

dude the one wrong its you, the console needs to download the update first and then it updates the console, when you get the nag it means the update is already downloaded and there you could brick the console, most of the times the update is inmediate and it doesnt take time, if the console doesnt have the update turning off the console is safe, like the other guy said if it were like you said and for example my isp is shit, im updating and lose connection=brick 3ds and everyone would be very pissed with nintendo

ssahnan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so lets say you didn't get to the gateway sweetspot of 9.0-9.2 (have 3 3ds's, 1 got there, others never did) and gateway doesn't support 9.3. if the 3ds has already downloaded the 9.3 but not installed(because I keep hitting cancel), and a kart comes out with the 9.0-9.2 sweetspot, how do you make sure the kart's fw is the one installing instead of the downloaded 9.3? Assuming starting the game would do it? In the past, this is confirmed that the kart's older fw upgrade will install and not the new one?

CarefulCrysis

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No concern.

Don't update emunand via internet. Use SSB to get to 8.1 if you need to create a new emunand. If you already have emunand you don't need to do anything except not update it.
How do you safely update emunand to 8.1 via SSB? is it completely safe?

Reactions: ronildo66

LegendaryFighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Basically the same as Apache Thunder. Worst case would be if Nintendo somehow managed to patch the new exploit from GW. Then, your only chances would be to update through a game with 9.0/2 or wait until GW supports versions between 4.X and 9.0 (which is not going to happen I think).

But if you're lucky, 9.3 will be supported and you are allowed to update.

So as I said before, wait a few days until GW takes a stand.

Jysix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so lets say you didn't get to the gateway sweetspot of 9.0-9.2 (have 3 3ds's, 1 got there, others never did) and gateway doesn't support 9.3. if the 3ds has already downloaded the 9.3 but not installed(because I keep hitting cancel), and a kart comes out with the 9.0-9.2 sweetspot, how do you make sure the kart's fw is the one installing instead of the downloaded 9.3? Assuming starting the game would do it? In the past, this is confirmed that the kart's older fw upgrade will install and not the new one?

I have the same question.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude the one wrong its you, the console needs to download the update first and then it updates the console, when you get the nag it means the update is already downloaded and there you could brick the console, most of the times the update is inmediate and it doesnt take time, if the console doesnt have the update turning off the console is safe, like the other guy said if it were like you said and for example my isp is shit, im updating and lose connection=brick 3ds and everyone would be very pissed with nintendo
The way the 3ds installs updates when you do it through settings and the update is not downloaded already is like this(im not sure of the exact order, but 3Dbrew has all of the update chunks listed):

Downloading system settings............... complete!
Checking integrity..........complete!
Installing system settings.................. complete!
Downloading home menu ................... complete!
Installing home menu ................ Complete!
Downloading e-shop ............ Complete!
Installing e-shop..............complete!

I'd say that's a perfectly acceptable way to do upgrades. I think some Linux distributions handle updates like that right?

It certainly isn't raining bricks every time a firmware comes out because when you lose connection it doesn't try to install a half downloaded file.

Reactions: kamesenin888

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i expected gateway to come out by now regarding 9.3.0, seems like they are still keeping hush hush.
It hasn't even been 24 hours, give them a break.
Gateway is gonna release an update for this latest firmware. They always have. By the time a flastcart comes out with 9.0 on it, we'll probably be on 10.0 emuNAND.

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wait... 9.3.0-20 just released yesterday, and now there's a new 9.3.0-21? That the actual fuck, Nintendo..?
There is no such thing as 9.3.20.
9.2 = -20
9.3 = -21
...the first three digits represent the firmware version without eShop features
...the number after the dash represents improvements related to the eShop and can only be obtained via online update;
...the letter at the end represents the region of the console.

D

Deleted-355425

holey shit! 9.0 > 9.2 only for now! maybe the guys on 8.1 jap will get an update further down the line, i mean 'soon'

does this mean they were using part of the same method as ninjhax/ssspwn or did nintendo just catch a lucky break and block this new exploit in 9.3 ?

Reactions: Phantom_User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.