CarefulCrysis

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im341t.jpg

i take it this means all the new 3DS's that come off the line now will be usless for a long ass while :(
I wonder what this means in regards to emunand hmmm?!

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's going to be something completely new, that much is sure. Something no regular user can point out.

That's the exciting part. Just what the heck is iiiit !

THIS is what I'm so interested in! I wonder if it'll be less tedious than the DS Profile thing? (I wouldn't mind it being as tedious, but less-so would be nice.) THIS is the part I'm really particularly curious about! Since Smea's exploit used an actual title for entrypoint, I wonder just how this will work for those without the game, and >4.5

Reactions: Phantom_User

thekman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, since this (Presumably) doesn't use the DS Profile thing, how would you guess we activate this exploit? Since it's similar to Cubic Ninja... maybe... Nah. I got nothing.

Is there anything on the 3ds with a qr code reader like on cubic ninja?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well we all know ssspwn works on all firmwares from 4.x-9.2....so stands to reason if they are using a similar exploit they could port it to that range too......but seeing as gateway issue updates more regularly it would probably be a pain in the arse to support such a wide range so they will probably just do like 8.1-9.2

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way i read Gateway's statement is that that are currently trying to create a custom "game" that when inserted into any pre 9.0 device will update the console through the on cart update to 9.0 Much like official carts do.
but then the question becomes HOW could they do that.. emulating like Sky3DS works on every firmware. so that could work, however how did they obtain the 9.0-9.2 firmware that can be installed through a gamecard. no official games have it released, and probably never will ? so they made custom firmware..

So many questions, now all we want is more speculation awnsers

I think it'll be just instructions to execute an exploit that will launch Gateway and update the card, to be honest. They said it wouldn't need any additional hardware so this makes sense.

...Or at least I thought so until this whole thing about updating older consoles.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it'll be just instructions to execute an exploit that will launch Gateway and update the card, to be honest. They said it wouldn't need any additional hardware so this makes sense.

i guess they meant on using an existing game rom to update(not yet available), not that they are making a game for that purpose

Reactions: Thirty3Three
D

Deleted-188346

It could be akin to Smea's. Whatever door Gateway was using, Smea was using it too, that much is conclusive.
I hate to argue with you, but I hate this logic. Probable doesn't mean definite. Just because group A finds an exploit doesn't mean that all subsequent groups are using the same exploit, even though it is likely.

This sort of logic results in people saying "SKY3DS is compatible with all firmwares, therefore if any other team achieves fimware x.xx compatibility they must be stealing SKY3DS code". Which is exactly what some people said.

None of us know what exploit Gateway was using. Remember, it's fun to theorize, but keep in mind that the vast, vast, vast majority of us (including myself) have absolutely no idea about hacking anything. Logic and deduction doesn't work when you have absolutely no knowledge of the topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, though only sometimes when some people arent home
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honey he's playing gta again
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    WUT! Get my belt.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, but atleast i have the amazing spiderman and red dead redemption 1 too, they are more family friendly compared to GTA (i think)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If it's modded you always have everything
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My pc already has every ps3 game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it only has like 26 GB avaliable right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    GTAV is fine beating up hookers is OK, they don't mind!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, uhhhhhhhhh how do I tell you i entered their club once?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just don't pick them up, and drive to a hidden location.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you do run them over and get your money back
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2,
    @BigOnYa a strip club
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The strip club you shoot up the hookers you pick up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You actually get to own that strip club, later in the game.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    After you shoot it up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm still pissed I had to pay for that game again, (3rd time) just to get the next gen(4k) update. It should be free. Typical Rockstar move tho.
    +1
    I live like walking distance to a strip club lol
    I should check it out some day
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you shouldnt, you may run into one of your long lost daughters you never knew you had.
    +3
    BigOnYa I had a modified version with texture mods and all kinds of goodies lol https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5g4kxs4UU&t=64s
    Me playing it like 4 years ago on a 2080 Ti lol
    Lol that reminds me I am like 60% sure my step daughter is dead...
    Meth addicts don't move out of a house they are trying to sell and the boyfriend says she moved and does not know where lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was about to be like can't wait for gta6 so @Psionic Roshambo can tell me places to go then you drop that
    +3
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I was about to be like can't wait for gta6 so @Psionic Roshambo can tell me places to go then... +3