Hacking 9.3.0-21 Nintendo 3DS Update Released

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holey shit! 9.0 > 9.2 only for now! maybe the guys on 8.1 jap will get an update further down the line, i mean 'soon'

does this mean they were using part of the same method as ninjhax/ssspwn or did nintendo just catch a lucky break and block this new exploit in 9.3 ?
Yes. Also no. Crystal ball says spaghetti sauce. Someone at Nintendo spilled spaghetti sauce and in the commotion the exact random sequence of keys was hit to block gateway.

Or just like with emunand updates they have to refine the code for that specific version. Or maybe there's a mole inside of gateway leaking secrets to Nintendo

D

Deleted-355425

Gateway just put up a new pic.

im341t.jpg

i take it this means all the new 3DS's that come off the line now will be usless for a long ass while :(

Reactions: Phantom_User

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they were using an exploit related to ninjhax after all.

The cool thing is that it doesn't need cubic ninja at all, it would be cool if this could be used to launch ninjhax without the game.

i take it this means all the new 3DS's that come off the line now will be usless for a long ass while :(
Well there'll always be the sky3DS for those. Supposedly the 10 games limit isn't a problem anymore.

Reactions: Phantom_User

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
So they were using an exploit related to ninjhax after all.

The cool thing is that it doesn't need cubic ninja at all, it would be cool if this could be used to launch ninjhax without the game.

Well there'll always be the sky3DS for those. Supposedly the 10 games limit isn't a problem anymore.

Maybe yes, maybe not.
Not sure there exploit was the same as Smea...
Smea could tell but not us...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Let's all report bortz for locking threads without reading any of the posts.
nah i understand they dont want to swap the forum with gateway threads....but this isnt really a gateway thread....its a "general update out thread"....they should of just locked the old speculation threads and kept that one for the new speculation thread XD

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well ninjhax was out, Gateway's update was not, and yet it was patched alongside ninjhax... It points to them being similar things.

Well one thing is for sure, the moment they release their update (will be anytime soon now, no reason to delay it anymore) things will get QUITE a bit more interesting.

It isn't. but it's tedious as f*ck to get right.
Isn't it kinda like using the EZ Flash IV? You had to patch saves in games and use the sending tool...

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe yes, maybe not.
Not sure there exploit was the same as Smea...
Smea could tell but not us...

It could be akin to Smea's. Whatever door Gateway was using, Smea was using it too, that much is conclusive.

Remember what everyone Thirty3Three preached before? That Nintendo couldn't block Gateway's new update because they didn't know of it's existance?

Well .. This sort of goes in line with what they said earlier (Gateway)

- If you are on native System Firmware 5.0 or higher, then please update to 9.0.0-20, 9.1.0-20J or 9.2.0-20 and stay on this version. Do not update beyond this version.

Asking for this COULD be correlated now to them knowing Smea's exploit would be blocked sooner or later.

The fact that this newspiece was released after Smea's exploit also fortifies this theory.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems to all be falling into a X-Mas release window. Not any different than the first evasi0n jailbreak (though that was completely unannounced and unexpected)

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well ninjhax was out, Gateway's update was not, and yet it was patched alongside ninjhax... It points to them being similar things.

Well one thing is for sure, the moment they release their update (will be anytime soon now, no reason to delay it anymore) things will get QUITE a bit more interesting.

So, since this (Presumably) doesn't use the DS Profile thing, how would you guess we activate this exploit? Since it's similar to Cubic Ninja... maybe... Nah. I got nothing.

It could be akin to Smea's. Whatever door Gateway was using, Smea was using it too, that much is conclusive.

Remember what everyone preached before? That Nintendo couldn't block Gateway's new update because they didn't know of it's existance?

Well .. This sort of goes in line with what they said earlier (Gateway)

Asking for this COULD be correlated now to them knowing Smea's exploit would be blocked sooner or later.

The fact that this newspiece was released after Smea's exploit also fortifies this theory.

High five me for being so damn right.

TheDutchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the only way i read Gateway's statement is that that are currently trying to create a custom "game" that when inserted into any pre 9.0 device will update the console through the on cart update to 9.0 Much like official carts do.
but then the question becomes HOW could they do that.. emulating like Sky3DS works on every firmware. so that could work, however how did they obtain the 9.0-9.2 firmware that can be installed through a gamecard. no official games have it released, and probably never will ? so they made custom firmware..

So many questions, now all we want is more speculation awnsers

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
So, since this (Presumably) doesn't use the DS Profile thing, how would you guess we activate this exploit? Since it's similar to Cubic Ninja... maybe... Nah. I got nothing.
It's going to be something completely new, that much is sure. Something no regular user can point out.

That's the exciting part. Just what the heck is iiiit !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍