3DS Game Launcher App?

whitezombie455

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am sure this has been asked before... I am trying to figure out if there is an app that you can open on the 3DS besides FBI to launch 3DS games? I like being able to pick between different systems on my home menu then loading that app then I can then choose the game from that console to load the game. I don't like the idea of having a cluttered homescreen with a limit of 300 apps and having to navigate folders to find the games I want to play. Has anyone designed such a thing? I found something called a 3DS title launcher but I haven't been able to find one that has a proper menu just for loading games.

Just_Ragnar

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If by different systems you mean emulators, i believe those work that way already. If not, im not so sure what you mean here. If you mean a way to search for games, i don't have any ideas. You could sort them in folders alphabetically but thats probably a bit too much work.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think you know both the options - FBI and the Home Menu. If you have other systems' games through an emulator, the emulator will appear on the Home Menu like 3DS games do. You'll only get an icon for each game if you created a forwarder or if the game is injected as a Virtual Console game. TWLMenu++ will list your DS games, and IIRC has a text list option.

If you don't want the Home Menu to be cluttered, you can put your favourite items on the first page and banish everything else to a later page you never look at.

I don't see that selecting things from a list is significantly easier than selecting them from a folder on the Home Menu, apart from seeing them as text vs icon.

If you are worried about the 300 title limit (then clutter is inevitable…), 3DSBank https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/3DSBank lets you have several 300-title lists.

whitezombie455

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you know both the options - FBI and the Home Menu. If you have other systems' games through an emulator, the emulator will appear on the Home Menu like 3DS games do. You'll only get an icon for each game if you created a forwarder or if the game is injected as a Virtual Console game. TWLMenu++ will list your DS games, and IIRC has a text list option.

If you don't want the Home Menu to be cluttered, you can put your favourite items on the first page and banish everything else to a later page you never look at.

I don't see that selecting things from a list is significantly easier than selecting them from a folder on the Home Menu, apart from seeing them as text vs icon.

If you are worried about the 300 title limit (then clutter is inevitable…), 3DSBank https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/3DSBank lets you have several 300-title lists.
Yes I was moreso wondering an alternative to FBI to launch games without cluttering home menu with listed games. I understand this isn't possible really so went with 3DS Bank which seems to be working well. Thanks for the suggestions!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?