• Views 62,264
  • Replies 623
  • Likes 2

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Not including two sliders this time around is bullshit and it's bullshit they didn't include 2nd analog support for KI since they effortlessly could have done that plus it would shut a lot of people up.
They had bullshit explanations which I don't buy either.
However my point was that a second circle pad isn't needed and aiming is substantially faster with the touch screen.
There's a huge difference between saying a game is controlled much better with the touch screen and saying a game is "unplayable" without it. The very existence of the "button aiming" option proves that. But Yeah, I understand and agree with what you're saying here.

PS: Looking at my earlier post, I see it came off as really rude. I'm sorry if that upset you.

While it's looking sweet and the improvements are welcomed, I'm not buying it.
3DS screen is already bigger as it is for me and I see 3D perfectly, thank you. And what, the battery lasts longer by an hour or so, yeah... no.
Bsides whenever I play the 3DS I always keep it charged.
This basically sums up how I feel, here. I've never had issues with the screen size or 3D viewing angle, and I've never been bothered by the battery life at all... I keep my brightness at the 3/5 level with power-save mode on, and it works perfectly for me. I usually don't even have to charge it except every 2 or 3 days.
Didn't upset me, don't worry. I see what your're saying here and I didn't put that much thought when writing it so I excuse the way I worded it.
Of course unplayable isn't the word I was looking for and for the sake of being clear, my question is what game actually needs the CPP?
There are very few games that would make good use of it and in the original 3DS design you simply couldn't fit another one without making the system bigger, battery and other hardware simply takes up the space below the abxy buttons.
So if size isn't a problem anymore then what I don't understand is why they didn't include one this time around?
At least for lefties...

I never understood how the CPP=pissing on 3DS owners, though I understand why people would be upset without it now when it's totally doable.

Reactions: 1 person

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they had different color options for U.S. I would've switched, but I'll stick with my old one for now :)

Curious how the 3D looks however and the up-scaling.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I wonder if this is still region locked.

Of course it will be.

Having thought about my previous post further, I've decided against buying this, the region lock screwing me right over.

If I import another UK console, I can't play online. If I get a US model (which is what they sell here mainly), I have to re-buy Sonic Generations just to be able to play it on the big screen, and my girlfriend won't be able to play any of my games on her system. I wouldn't mind so much but there's NO second hand market for used UK 3DS games here and I'm not exactly swimming in cash right now anyway.

So looks like I won't be getting one of these just yet!

Kiaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Down-size that thing, make the giant curving corners smaller, add a 2nd analog stick, keep the increased battery-life, and that thing will be owned by me on launch day.
*sigh*... One can simply dream.

Reactions: 2 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Non-telescoping plastic stylus confirmed.

http://www.neogaf.co...=479524&page=22
Large hi-res pics too.
(post #1081)
Well, it is bigger from the get go...
This is sexy period.

jbtx4cBJpairyk.png

May get the blue one.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
didnt they say there wasnt going to be one anytime soon? we are focused on the 3ds only?
will the resolution of the top screen become better now or at least look better?
Playing devil's advocate here, it could be argued that the 3DS XL isn't an upgrade, but an "alterative", kind of like how the DSiXL was only an "alternative" to the DSi

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I never got a DSiXL because I liked how the DSi fit into my pocket. I would just feel stupid carring around that monster. I can't believe that they made a XL Revison of the 3DS. Oh, by the way, what ever happened to the next 3DS revision having the second thumstick? I am not interested in this at all. I think Nintendo should focus on making more good games.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah I don't really get people who are crying over how "ugly" the 3DS XL is. I think it looks pretty slick personally. Its definitely a big improvement over the original 3DS, which I count as one of the ugliest pieces of modern technology released in recent years.

Reactions: 1 person

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks gorgeous in white.

I hope they fixed the "bottom screen scratch the top one".

At least they got rid of the horrible top black bezel that could get scratched very easily and looked lame on every 3DS systems but the black one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: no, but fucking cockroaches