3DS XL Announced

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Yuki Amano, Jun 22, 2012.

1. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx The Dark Souls of GBAtemp

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Chapel Hill, NC
    What wear and tear are you experiencing, out of curiosity? I bought my 3DS used this year, but it has log data from March 2011, so it's pretty old. But the only real "wear and tear" I'm personally experiencing is the top-screen scratching issue. Aside from that, it's the typical "used gadget" stuff, like SLIGHTLY looser hinges and a SLIGHTLY looser charging port.

2. byronjj

byronjj GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Yes! perfect present for my brother who is turning 7 :yaynds:

3. Midna

Midna Banned

Banned
    Apr 13, 2008
    Albania
    Listed my 3DS on craigslist not two moments ago
    I bought it on craigslist in the first place, my price is modest and I will still make a profit if it sells
    Let's just hope Ninty's advertising campaign doesn't kick off any time soon. I can't have prices dropping.

4. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    You know, I was joking before, but bringing back the bananas might have been the better choice here.

1 person likes this.
  5. Midna

Midna Banned

Banned
    Apr 13, 2008
    Albania
    Japan only. You should have stuck around for the NA and EU conferences. Those versions have included chargers.

2 people like this.
  6. Eerpow

Eerpow *swoosh*

Sep 14, 2009
    ERROR!
    Not including two sliders this time around is bullshit and it's bullshit they didn't include 2nd analog support for KI since they effortlessly could have done that plus it would shut a lot of people up.
    They had bullshit explanations which I don't buy either.
    However my point was that a second circle pad isn't needed and aiming is substantially faster with the touch screen.

1 person likes this.
  7. ars25

ars25 I like tacos and pie

Oct 21, 2010
    United States
    the world that never was
    avatar plus post = unintentional win

1 person likes this.
  8. dgwillia

dgwillia The Bacon Lover

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Columbia Station, Ohio
    Also, its been confirmed (Kotaku and a few other sites) that the U.S DOES come with the AC Charger, Japan is just being Japan over their version.

1 person likes this.
  9. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    While it's looking sweet and the improvements are welcomed, I'm not buying it.
    3DS screen is already bigger as it is for me and I see 3D perfectly, thank you. And what, the battery lasts longer by an hour or so, yeah... no.
    Bsides whenever I play the 3DS I always keep it charged.
    And I'll get this out of the way, they're including the AC charger in US AND EUROPE. ONLY NOT IN JAPAN!
    http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/21/nintendo-3ds-xl-has-a-90-larger-screen-no-dual-circle-pads/

1 person likes this.
  10. Bowser-jr

Bowser-jr GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2008
    United States
    It has to come with a charger, that wouldn't make sense.

11. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    3DS battery:
    3.5 - 6.5 hours on 3DS Software
    6 - 10 hours DS Software

That's it. I'm not upgrading.

US version comes with charger.

12. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx The Dark Souls of GBAtemp

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Chapel Hill, NC
    There's a huge difference between saying a game is controlled much better with the touch screen and saying a game is "unplayable" without it. The very existence of the "button aiming" option proves that. But Yeah, I understand and agree with what you're saying here.

PS: Looking at my earlier post, I see it came off as really rude. I'm sorry if that upset you.

This basically sums up how I feel, here. I've never had issues with the screen size or 3D viewing angle, and I've never been bothered by the battery life at all... I keep my brightness at the 3/5 level with power-save mode on, and it works perfectly for me. I usually don't even have to charge it except every 2 or 3 days.

3 people like this.
  13. Eerpow

Eerpow *swoosh*

Sep 14, 2009
    ERROR!
    @[member='p1ngpong']

Edit the front page news, charger is included in NA and EU territories.

1 person likes this.
  14. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Two slightly optimistic points before we bash nints too much.

First, the Vita comes without the absolutely necessary $20 memory card and Sony fans grudgingly endured it. Nintendo is asking us to foot the bill for a $10-15 charger which is not so bad in comparison.

Two, it is highly likely retailers will bundle in a cheap 3rd party charger for various fall promotions. A simple, cheap USB cord charger would probably even do.

(Just being Devil's advocate, please don't kill me :P)

Edit: Third ^^ :rofl2: (ninja'd big time)

1 person likes this.
  15. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    US and EU comes with charger.

1 person likes this.
  16. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I can't even play the 3DS in 3D, so technically, I should be the one complaining right now, not you. I sold my 3DS, so why should I get this one?

17. matthewn4444

matthewn4444 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    I wonder if this is still region locked.

18. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Hey, seems good to me, only worry now is how the screen will make the games look.

19. Shabutie78

Shabutie78 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2010
    United States
    it's funny because i told most people here on the 'temp that i was waiting for a non-ugly 3DS to come out before i bought one. everyone laughed and talked shit, saying "personally imho i find the 3DS quite sexy." and "you think they're going to come out with a 3DS lite?! HAH! the 3DS is already the as good as it gets." or "there's no way the screens can get bigger, it'll mess up the 3DS!"
    BULLSHIT. look at this motherfucker you idiots. now THIS is sexy. THIS is a 3DS i would buy (if i decided to buy a 3DS). i want the redxblack one from japan, matches my boktai gba sp. i would also want the white one if white handheld consoles didn't end up looking like cum rags after a year.
    the plain black one looks almost as sleek and sexy as my vita. do want.

20. dgwillia

dgwillia The Bacon Lover

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Columbia Station, Ohio
    I know Nyko has gotta be pissed with all that money they put into developing accessories. Especially with that badass Circle Pad+Battery Extender+Case thing they had coming out later this year, i was gonna buy it in a heartbeat

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted