TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
However, something has been bugging me... 3DS materials suffering from wear and it's been like, a year ago and I haven't used it so much. On purpose?
What wear and tear are you experiencing, out of curiosity? I bought my 3DS used this year, but it has log data from March 2011, so it's pretty old. But the only real "wear and tear" I'm personally experiencing is the top-screen scratching issue. Aside from that, it's the typical "used gadget" stuff, like SLIGHTLY looser hinges and a SLIGHTLY looser charging port.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Listed my 3DS on craigslist not two moments ago
I bought it on craigslist in the first place, my price is modest and I will still make a profit if it sells
Let's just hope Ninty's advertising campaign doesn't kick off any time soon. I can't have prices dropping.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The lack of a charger is pretty much unforgivable. It's like saying 'we expect you to keep your 3DS and buy this'. If you sell your 3DS you'll have to sell it without a charger, to straight away lower its resell value.
Japan only. You should have stuck around for the NA and EU conferences. Those versions have included chargers.

Reactions: 2 people

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Kid Icarus would be unplayable with two sliders.
Are you seriously still buying that BS explanation? *facepalm*
Not including two sliders this time around is bullshit and it's bullshit they didn't include 2nd analog support for KI since they effortlessly could have done that plus it would shut a lot of people up.
They had bullshit explanations which I don't buy either.
However my point was that a second circle pad isn't needed and aiming is substantially faster with the touch screen.

Reactions: 1 person

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While it's looking sweet and the improvements are welcomed, I'm not buying it.
3DS screen is already bigger as it is for me and I see 3D perfectly, thank you. And what, the battery lasts longer by an hour or so, yeah... no.
Bsides whenever I play the 3DS I always keep it charged.
And I'll get this out of the way, they're including the AC charger in US AND EUROPE. ONLY NOT IN JAPAN!
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/21/nintendo-3ds-xl-has-a-90-larger-screen-no-dual-circle-pads/

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
3DS battery:
3.5 - 6.5 hours on 3DS Software
6 - 10 hours DS Software

That's it. I'm not upgrading.

US version comes with charger.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Not including two sliders this time around is bullshit and it's bullshit they didn't include 2nd analog support for KI since they effortlessly could have done that plus it would shut a lot of people up.
They had bullshit explanations which I don't buy either.
However my point was that a second circle pad isn't needed and aiming is substantially faster with the touch screen.
There's a huge difference between saying a game is controlled much better with the touch screen and saying a game is "unplayable" without it. The very existence of the "button aiming" option proves that. But Yeah, I understand and agree with what you're saying here.

PS: Looking at my earlier post, I see it came off as really rude. I'm sorry if that upset you.

3DS screen is already bigger as it is for me and I see 3D perfectly, thank you. And what, the battery lasts longer by an hour or so, yeah... no.
This basically sums up how I feel, here. I've never had issues with the screen size or 3D viewing angle, and I've never been bothered by the battery life at all... I keep my brightness at the 3/5 level with power-save mode on, and it works perfectly for me. I usually don't even have to charge it except every 2 or 3 days.

Reactions: 3 people

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Two slightly optimistic points before we bash nints too much.

First, the Vita comes without the absolutely necessary $20 memory card and Sony fans grudgingly endured it. Nintendo is asking us to foot the bill for a $10-15 charger which is not so bad in comparison.

Two, it is highly likely retailers will bundle in a cheap 3rd party charger for various fall promotions. A simple, cheap USB cord charger would probably even do.

(Just being Devil's advocate, please don't kill me :P)

Edit: Third ^^ :rofl2: (ninja'd big time)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Two slightly optimistic points before we bash nints too much.

First, the Vita comes without the absolutely necessary $20 memory card and Sony fans grudgingly endured it. Nintendo is asking us to foot the bill for a $10-15 charger which is not so bad in comparison.

Two, it is highly likely retailers will bundle in a cheap 3rd party charger for various fall promotions. A simple, cheap USB cord charger would probably even do.

(Just being Devil's advocate, please don't kill me :P)

Edit: Third ^^ :rofl2:
US and EU comes with charger.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I'll get this out of the way, they're including the AC charger in US AND EUROPE. ONLY NOT IN JAPAN!
http://www.siliconer...al-circle-pads/

I can't even play the 3DS in 3D, so technically, I should be the one complaining right now, not you. I sold my 3DS, so why should I get this one?

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's funny because i told most people here on the 'temp that i was waiting for a non-ugly 3DS to come out before i bought one. everyone laughed and talked shit, saying "personally imho i find the 3DS quite sexy." and "you think they're going to come out with a 3DS lite?! HAH! the 3DS is already the as good as it gets." or "there's no way the screens can get bigger, it'll mess up the 3DS!"
BULLSHIT. look at this motherfucker you idiots. now THIS is sexy. THIS is a 3DS i would buy (if i decided to buy a 3DS). i want the redxblack one from japan, matches my boktai gba sp. i would also want the white one if white handheld consoles didn't end up looking like cum rags after a year.
the plain black one looks almost as sleek and sexy as my vita. do want.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Nyko has gotta be pissed with all that money they put into developing accessories. Especially with that badass Circle Pad+Battery Extender+Case thing they had coming out later this year, i was gonna buy it in a heartbeat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1