• Views 4,456,608
  • Replies 53,770
  • Likes 43

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, can you link me a post to do it right ?
I've been told that if you unlink your sysnand & emunand, you won't have the same FC & NNID on the emunand. So if you want to play with your original FC, you have to play on sysnand :/
And what's the point of having an emunand if you don't use it for playing games
I followed this tutorial step by step.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/
And the above link for access to Nnid and eshop (I don't want to link it 3 times in a row)

Actually, when people unlink the NANDs, the sysNAND get reset, so there shouldn't be any way for it to have your original FC.
Rather, when you back up your nand before setting up Emunand, then restore the emunand using the original nand, the emunand should have your original FC

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help? I have an O3ds and gateway card that I am borrowing at the moment to install rxtools. Is there an easy way to enter gateway mode without having to use the browser?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Rod227

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I followed this tutorial step by step.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/
And the above link for access to Nnid and eshop (I don't want to link it 3 times in a row)

Actually, when people unlink the NANDs, the sysNAND get reset, so there shouldn't be any way for it to have your original FC.
Rather, when you back up your nand before setting up Emunand, then restore the emunand using the original nand, the emunand should have your original FC

Oh ok that makes sense thank you !

Linkoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Something wrong and not everything was stated. The downgrade shouldn't delete any game files. To my knowledge, what would is if you reformat you nand.
Need a step by process of what you did.
It wasn't the downgrade that deleted my game files. My games "disappeared" when I swapped the database files with the blank ones to make FBI work, but I thought I could solve the problem just by pasting my backup back into my micro sd. Sorry if I wasn't too clear about this.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't the downgrade that deleted my game files. My games "disappeared" when I swapped the database files with the blank ones to make FBI work, but I thought I could solve the problem just by pasting my backup back into my micro sd. Sorry if I wasn't too clear about this.
I may be uncertain on this.
Did you ever back up your nand?

Linkoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I may be uncertain on this.
Did you ever back up your nand?
Sadly, I didn't. I'm pretty new to the 3DS scene, so I may have done many mistakes in the process. Still, everything I've done until now, was done entirely by following many guides I found here.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, I didn't. I'm pretty new to the 3DS scene, so I may have done many mistakes in the process. Still, everything I've done until now, was done entirely by following many guides I found here.
Every single guide says to back up nand...

God luck if anyone can answer.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is this how i move to a new sd?
Starting with the smaller SD
Start emunand9 through hbl from bootmanager
Backup emunand to emunand.bin
Unmount old sd and put in pc
Backup all files from old sd
while backing up, mount new sd in 3ds and
Create emunand partition
when thats done
Unmount new sd
Copy emunand backup to emunand9 folder on new sd
put back into 3ds again and clone emunand.bin to emunand
Put all other files to new sd

Be done?

I suppose there's little reason not to just try it, since even if it doesn't work, I can just put in the old sd again. (if it doesn't work, does reformatting the new sd on pc remove everything including the hidden emunand?) still wondering if there's something I'm overlooking

Linkoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, I just created an emunand partition (hoping that I will be able to login to eShop and download my legitly bought games, at least), and was wondering what the benefits of unlinking sysnand and emunand are.

Also, is it ok to update emuNAND's firmware to get eShop access? Or should I use other ways?

Last edited by Linkoh,

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I just created an emunand partition (hoping that I will be able to login to eShop and download my legitly bought games, at least), and was wondering what the benefits of unlinking sysnand and emunand are.

Also, is it ok to update emuNAND's firmware to get eShop access? Or should I use other ways?
O3DS, you can update the emunand.
N3DS, you need to spoof eShop access although you'll need clarification from somebody else on how exactly to do that.

And unlinking helps make sure you only install things to emunand, and prevents accidentally updating sysnand.

Best of luck!

Aigul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello Community,
I have some problems regarding installing Browserhax on the Old3DS.

I had some experience with Tubehax and Browserhax for a while but not enough to understood the purpose of sysnand etc.

At the moment my 3DS got the 10.0.0-27 version. I tried many tutorials, but sadly with no succsess.
And now (with now, I meant weeks/months) I got no access to the browser due the version restriction.

I have nothing installed to get access to homebrew.

Should I try to update to 10.3 before 10.4 will be released or is there a another possibility to use homebrew?
I appreciate any kind of help.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im still using CN to boot GW menu on my n3ds 9.5 emunand
i want to know where to begin to change this so that i can have my n3ds boot directly to my GW emunand when i turn it on
what do i need to do? and not have it fuck up my ability to use custom themes also

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have some questions .

I downgraded the 3ds yesterday .

Using Gateway , i already did one backup of the sysNAND , installed and updated the emuNAND and tested some .cia games with FBI.
Seems all is going fine . (Still need to unlink the nands , forgot to do that)

For now , i just want to know if :

1 - Can i boot my 3ds direct (just after power on) in Gateway Menu? (Or in emuNAND)
2 - Can i install FBI (the .cia archive) and use it in the 3ds menu like it was a game ?
3 - And do the same with HBL (with Homehax or something) ?
4 - There is any other homebrew that i may find usefull with Gateway?

Thanks!

1. Kinda, but that's practically a yes.
2. Uhh... you mean installing into sysnand? Yes.
3. Yes, with the HBL cia.
4. Yes, CTRbootmanager + menuhax, as you can set it to automatically boot into emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tried using Google's DNS, still threw me the error. Does the fact that I am using a US cia on a EU emuNAND affect anything?

You need to go grab the Config cia, then change your agreement settings.

Reactions: trsoares

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Community,
I have some problems regarding installing Browserhax on the Old3DS.

I had some experience with Tubehax and Browserhax for a while but not enough to understood the purpose of sysnand etc.

At the moment my 3DS got the 10.0.0-27 version. I tried many tutorials, but sadly with no succsess.
And now (with now, I meant weeks/months) I got no access to the browser due the version restriction.

I have nothing installed to get access to homebrew.

Should I try to update to 10.3 before 10.4 will be released or is there a another possibility to use homebrew?
I appreciate any kind of help.

yeah, at your firmware, updating to 10.3 at least should enable to you get reliable homebrew access. on 10.3 a new form of browserhax allows you to enter homebrewloader, which in turn allows you to install menuhax, which finally allows you to use old eshop downloader to download ironfall, for which you can then install ironhax, giving you permanent homebrew on most likely every firmware to ever be released (as long as you wait for ironhax to be updated before you update to a higher firmware.

technically, from 10.3, you also have the possibility to downgrade back to 9.2, from where you can install cfw and emunand. but there's still a certain risk when doing this so its up to you whether you want to take it.
if you just want homebrew though, you pretty much should update asap

Pseudogi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone! I recently downgraded my 3DS from 10.3 to 9.2 and then hacked my console (and formatted my SD Card). Before doing all of this, I made a backup of my SD card with SMT 4, an eshop game, inside.
Now that I have hacked my console, I'd like to have my game with the save back in my 3DS :
-What folders of my backup should I paste in my SD Card ?
-Should I play it in Sysnand or Emunand ?
-Is there going to be a problem with the save ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

holdfastandbrave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
back again. this time i'm trying to figure out why when i exit an installed GBA CIA file it boots back into sysnand. the gameboy and gameboy color cias seem to be fine to exit from. 99% sure i haven't unlinked my nands because i get the unwrap glitch if i go back into emunand from sysnand. i've read up on agb firm. it's still really confusing to me. will installing that make my gba games exit back into emunand where i want? thanks anyone.

RitzMalh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My rxTools is not detecting my EmuNAND. Here is what I've successfully done so far:
  1. Downgraded my o3DS XL to 9.2.0-20U
  2. After rxTools and emuNAND failed the first try, I wiped EVERYTHING (SD + 3DS)
  3. Created an EmuNAND using EmuNAND9. My sd was reformatted, shows ~1gb less total space (partition software lists 1.2GB of Unallocated Space), and was renamed to "EMUNAND9SD".
  4. I've dragged all my files back to my newly formatted sd
  5. I've booted into various versions of rxTools via various methods.
  6. RxTools sets up installation.
And then every single time rxTools tells me that EmuNAND is not found/detected. I've tried many, many times with different versions of rxTool, creating EmuNAND with Gateway instead of EmuNAND9, different microSD, nothing seems to work.

Notes:
-I am following the 9.0-9.2 CFW section of this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-more-or-less-catch-all-tutorial.407080/
-Confirmed downgrade using downgrade-checker (homebrew also works fine)
-Not sure if this matters, but my 3DS has no linked NNID as I wiped EVERYTHING to minimize sources that could be causing this issue.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, I seem to have everything set up finally.
Just a final question, right now, my sysnand is empty except for the things that come preinstalled and menuhax.
Is it advised to do anything else to sysnand? Is there any reliable offline backup method to get to bootmanager for example? in case something happens to menuhax?

And does it make sense to keep a backup of my Nintendo 3ds folder and emunand? As long as sysnand stays the way it is now, I should be able to return to a working emunand the way it is right now, right?

back again. this time i'm trying to figure out why when i exit an installed GBA CIA file it boots back into sysnand. the gameboy and gameboy color cias seem to be fine to exit from. 99% sure i haven't unlinked my nands because i get the unwrap glitch if i go back into emunand from sysnand. i've read up on agb firm. it's still really confusing to me. will installing that make my gba games exit back into emunand where i want? thanks anyone.

i think this is normal, to play gba games, you need to install them to both sys and emunand and i'd guess, clicking the icon on emunand just patches you back to sysnand right there, to start the gba game.

holdfastandbrave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I seem to have everything set up finally.
Just a final question, right now, my sysnand is empty except for the things that come preinstalled and menuhax.
Is it advised to do anything else to sysnand? Is there any reliable offline backup method to get to bootmanager for example? in case something happens to menuhax?

And does it make sense to keep a backup of my Nintendo 3ds folder and emunand? As long as sysnand stays the way it is now, I should be able to return to a working emunand the way it is right now, right?

i think this is normal, to play gba games, you need to install them to both sys and emunand and i'd guess, clicking the icon on emunand just patches you back to sysnand right there, to start the gba game.

so there's absolutely no way to stay in emunand with gba games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo