• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1. Kinda, but that's practically a yes.
2. Uhh... you mean installing into sysnand? Yes.
3. Yes, with the HBL cia.
4. Yes, CTRbootmanager + menuhax, as you can set it to automatically boot into emunand.

Thanks for the reply man.
Already installed FBI and HBL with CIA.

Just need to know how to do the step 4, to boot in emunand with GW.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yesterday I successfully downgraded my New3DS XL from 10.3 to 9.2 and went through the entire rxmode setup, all successful etc. But now i'm running into a very odd problem.. To put it bluntly, the 3D Face tracking (Super stable 3D) doesn't work on the emuNAND. Some test results and data:

System: new3DS XL
emuNAND firmware: 9.2.0-20E
sysNAND firmware: 9.2.0-20E
CFW: Latest RxTools from 5-12 - used from the guide from wurstpistole.
Test game: Cartridge version of Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance on both EmuNAND and SysNAND. Though on Emunand it never works
Result from downgrade-check: positive successful downgrade
Furthermore, my NANDs are unlinked

I have tried recalibrating both the 3D and Super Stable 3D but for some reason on the EmuNAND it simply refuses to overlay the 2 images (or 2 screens rather) properly. I know it's kinda messy, but I've tried my best making a video of what happens:

Anyone any ideas as to why 3D imaging doesn't work the way it should?

Perska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is there a way to take screenshots in-game? (using rxTools) the game i'm talking about doesn't have a built in screenshot method

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a way to take screenshots in-game? (using rxTools) the game i'm talking about doesn't have a built in screenshot method
Pretty sure you're gonna have to configure ReiNand for screenshots..

Boot into emunand, and then close your DS lid and reopen it!
OMG that did it! What wouldya know haha. I totally wouldn't have guessed. Thanks!

smora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there any other way on New3DS to copy files to the microsd, without need to take the cover off each time? That is also not too slow?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have yet installed Emunand with FBI, hblauncher and some games installed. I

Will FBI Work if i would update my emunand?

Yes. But updating depends on your 3ds.

Is there any other way on New3DS to copy files to the microsd, without need to take the cover off each time? That is also not too slow?

There is another way, but it's slow.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

FTP basically. That or microSD Management in the system settings. It comes down to the same, though FTP-3DS (find it on gbatemp) has a cia. I don't recommend it for large files though, it's really slow. Oh and for CIA's you could use Socketpunch with FBI (find it on the FBI thread)

smora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
FTP basically. That or microSD Management in the system settings. It comes down to the same, though FTP-3DS (find it on gbatemp) has a cia. I don't recommend it for large files though, it's really slow. Oh and for CIA's you could use Socketpunch with FBI (find it on the FBI thread)
Yes I tried the FTP already, for larger files it's too slow. I will try the other thing, thanks.

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have an european O3DS. So i could go in emunand Into the systemsettings and update from Tiere to 10.0.3E

Yes, on an O3DS, you can update "naturally" to the newest firmware through system settings when in emunand. Be sure to use system settings, though, and not via the "update nag" if you have it.

Also, make sure that you don't leave system settings and then re-enter and update, as leaving system settings will kick you back to sysnand.

Last edited by AceEvo55,

pca1987

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, what is the best and safest option to get CFW working on a really old firmware 3ds (2)?

Update to 4.5 using a cartridge is enough to install a CFW? Any advantage to update to 10.3 and then downgrade to 9.2 or should I just stick to 4.5?

AnukWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How come that I can install e.g. a Yokai Watch US.cia just fine via DevMenu and FBI but not a cia of MHX which has an English patch applied to it?
I'm using a new 3DS XL downgraded to 9.2 with an rxTools nightly emuNAND on 9.5.
I read that the newer rxTools versions have a disabled signature check, so that can't be the reason, can it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0