• Views 4,503,414
  • Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it safe to download eshop updates for games in emunand?

On a O3DS: yes, if you're on the newest firmware (10.3 currently)

On a N3DS: yes, if you've set up eShop spoofing on emunand 9.5 via Tiger and NVER

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey guys, what is the best and safest option to get CFW working on a really old firmware 3ds (2)?

Update to 4.5 using a cartridge is enough to install a CFW? Any advantage to update to 10.3 and then downgrade to 9.2 or should I just stick to 4.5?

Why not use a cartridge to update to 9.0-9.2? Saves you from downgrading!

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extremely Noob questions that I wonder how i even answer some question here without know the answer.

Simply put, I followed this tutorial for cfw and now able to install cia.

1) But what exactly is cfw? I assume it means custom firmware, where you do something to the firmware to do additional stuff. Correct?

2) Some of the cfw I know is pasta, cake, Rx tools, NTR. Any major difference between. Each?
Before I looked into cfw, I assume you could only have 1 cfw. However, in that tutorial, it seems that the cfw can overlap (as we had to install pasta before using Rx tools) How does that work in the layman sense?

3) seeing as NTR can do screen shots and cheat plugin, can you install cia with NTR with FBI (I heard they don't support piracy so...)

4) this varies with 2 & 3, but can you overlap NTR with RX Tools

LolCakeLazors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to back up my stuff before unlinking NANDs and it created a new ID for my 3DS, any way to get my games and save data off of my old sysNAND before the unlink?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been reading around have found about a dozen different guides and I was just curious about what is still the easiest and most relevant way to block your 3DS from downloading updates? Does Tubehax DNS still work or no? Thanks.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to use the cartridge dumping feature of Gateway but don't own a Gateway Card, is it as simple as putting Gateways Launch.dat at the root of my SD card and visit their exploit-trigger site on my 9.5 rxTools emuNAND?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use the cartridge dumping feature of Gateway but don't own a Gateway Card, is it as simple as putting Gateways Launch.dat at the root of my SD card and visit their exploit-trigger site on my 9.5 rxTools emuNAND?

I think it only works on 9.2 and below so you probably have to do it on sysnand.

Reactions: SkyDX

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it only works on 9.2 and below so you probably have to do it on sysnand.

Thank you but I must be missing something. I placed the Launcher.dat on the root of my SD card and went to go.gateway-3ds.com. The bottom screen says "LOADING GATEWAY" but my 3DS doesn't even freeze, nothing simply happens, be it on 9.5 emuNAND or 9.2 sysNAND :/

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you but I must be missing something. I placed the Launcher.dat on the root of my SD card and went to go.gateway-3ds.com. The bottom screen says "LOADING GATEWAY" but my 3DS doesn't even freeze, nothing simply happens, be it on 9.5 emuNAND or 9.2 sysNAND :/

You're using a N3DS right? They fixed the browser exploit with N3DS so you can't use the gateway exploit via browser.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a brand new N3DS that has only been through the initial setup & not yet had my NNID entered in, never connected to the eShop, any online games, etc,... should I enter in my NNID before following any downgrading & CFW guides? Or should I do that separately on both the sysnand & emunand once I finish everything from one of the guides? How exactly does that work?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a brand new N3DS that has only been through the initial setup & not yet had my NNID entered in, never connected to the eShop, any online games, etc,... should I enter in my NNID before following any downgrading & CFW guides? Or should I do that separately on both the sysnand & emunand once I finish everything from one of the guides? How exactly does that work?
I recommend you just set up Emunand stuff first since you are going to have to set up Nnid twice in the other case

Last edited by YyAoMmIi,
Reactions: D34DL1N3R

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since you have rxTools, I assume you have homebrew set up. So then you can just download the Gateway package and then use the homebrew files of the package.

I just tried that but whenever I launch the gateway.3dsx the bottom screen flashed red and then the screens stayed black. Do I need more than Launcher.dat in the root of my SD card and Gateway.3dsx?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried that but whenever I launch the gateway.3dsx the bottom screen flashed red and then the screens stayed black. Do I need more than Launcher.dat in the root of my SD card and Gateway.3dsx?

Yup. That launcher.dat is gateway itself.

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's most likely because you don't have a Gateway Red card.

Hmm yeah that would make sense, I don't. I really only want to use Gateways cartridge dumping feature and I heard people use it just fine without an actual Gateway card but I couldn't find out how. I don't want to use Braindump since I heard it's quite slow and I can't get Uncart setup right.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm yeah that would make sense, I don't. I really only want to use Gateways cartridge dumping feature and I heard people use it just fine without an actual Gateway card but I couldn't find out how. I don't want to use Braindump since I heard it's quite slow and I can't get Uncart setup right.

Well Gateway itself is very finicky and doesn't have a 100% boot rate. You should be able to access the Gateway menu though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍