• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okai, so how do I go about installing the cia to the sysnand? I don't want to screw up my 3ds, as I think I should ask before I go and click the install button for the gba vc onto nand. Thanks :D
if using fbi you go to rxtools menu and load sysnand then load fbi then install the gba.cia to destination sd . . . . congratz you just installed the cia to sysnand

D

Deleted User

What kind of guides have you be reading....
Cause when you take out sd card, system format, then put card it, that cleans the sysNAND, not emunand

You most likely want to leave your sysnand untouched

Thank you for the quick response!

One guide referred to installing TinyFormat in a CIA format, which I did via FBI in emuNAND (which it called for). I assumed it wanted me to run it in emuNAND, and I wasn't certain if taking the SD card out was enough to preserve the emuNAND. I know it's stored on the SD card, but since I'm still pretty new to all of this, I still don't quite understand how it works. The others I assume wanted me to format emuNAND (but they also wanted me to take the SD card out, so I guess I'm striking out here, heh.)

Since you think keeping the sysNAND in its original state is better, let me ask you this: if I format emuNAND, thus unlinking the NANDs, can I use a program such as svdt to backup saves in sysNAND and use them for games in emuNAND?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the quick response!

One guide referred to installing TinyFormat in a CIA format, which I did via FBI in emuNAND (which it called for). I assumed it wanted me to run it in emuNAND, and I wasn't certain if taking the SD card out was enough to preserve the emuNAND. I know it's stored on the SD card, but since I'm still pretty new to all of this, I still don't quite understand how it works. The others I assume wanted me to format emuNAND (but they also wanted me to take the SD card out, so I guess I'm striking out here, heh.)

Since you think keeping the sysNAND in its original state is better, let me ask you this: if I format emuNAND, thus unlinking the NANDs, can I use a program such as svdt to backup saves in sysNAND and use them for games in emuNAND?
when you unlink nands everything will be left for emunand and as in games/saves /hax/ect so you dont need to worry about a transfer your things will be on emunand after thats all

How to unlink nands:
1. In sysnand, go to System Settings -> Other Settings -> Format System (Do not accept yet)
2. Eject your Sd card (don't worry, it is safe)
3. Accept to Format your 3DS/2DS (let it connect to the internet if it asks, it will not update your system)
4. After it reboots, go through the setup screen and set everything up
5. Once in the home menu, insert back your sd card and let it create some files on your sd card.
6. Your nands are now unlinked, and there are 2 ID folders in your Nintendo 3DS folder on your SD card (one for emunand, another for sysnand)

How it will look on your SD card:
jI44.png

The folder with the smallest size belongs to your sysnand, since you just formatted it. Grab the database zip again and put the title.db and import.db in YourSysnandFolder/RandomNumbersAndLettersFolder/dbs, just like you did in Part 1: Line 1 & 2! Don't forget to go to Data Management in Sysnand to let the 3DS "repair" your software management information!
taken from this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: samiam144

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wormdood Thanks man. That is the kind of thing I was looking for.
if the eshop gives you an error in emunand after then read here #2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It is saying DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE. Any ideas?
you do not have import.db and title.db in sysnand (when you unlinked sysnand lost this and emunand gained it)
If you get a Database error! In your SD card, there should be a Nintendo 3DS folder. Open it, and open the folder inside that (has a long name of random numbers and letters); that is your Sysnand's ID folder.

If there are two or more ID folders, then do the following steps for both folders. One folder is for your Sysnand and the other is for your Emunand; if there is another similar folder, it probably belongs to another 3DS that you inserted your SD card into. Ignore the "private" folder if there is one.

There should be another folder within, so open that too. You should now see an "extdata" folder. If you don't see a "dbs" folder as well, download this zip folder and put the "dbs" folder beside the extdata folder.

*Again, if the dbs folder already exists, and you have a title.db and import.db file inside, do not replace them!

Should look similar to this:
5v60o.jpg

Now, boot the 3DS/2DS and go into Settings —> Data Management —> Software. It’ll ask to reset or repair your software management information or sd card, so allow it to do so. Do this in Sysnand and Emunand!

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if using fbi you go to rxtools menu and load sysnand then load fbi then install the gba.cia to destination sd . . . . congratz you just installed the cia to sysnand

A few questions:

Does this mean we have to inject fbi into health and safety on sysnand as well or is there a cia of fbi that I can install to the home menu?
Does this also mean we have to install the GBA title CIA to sysnand and then go back into emunand and install it there as well? In other words, does it have to be done twice?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few questions:

Does this mean we have to inject fbi into health and safety on sysnand as well or is there a cia of fbi that I can install to the home menu?
Does this also mean we have to install the GBA title CIA to sysnand and then go back into emunand and install it there as well? In other words, does it have to be done twice?
it sounds like you're unsure of yourself with everything you said is correct yes you would have to install FBI to sysnand as well yes you would be able to find an FBI CIA and yes you have to install the GBA. CIA to both nands in order to play it from emunand

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: Aeth-r

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is still unaswered, but I have some addition info.
N3DS, Region U. Used this tutorial.
I'm trying to update my emunand 9.2-->9.5 However, every time I use sysupdater, it results in a brick, leading me to do a emunand restore.
I am using the sysupdater cia btw.

The files I have work since I did update 9.2--->9.5 successful (long story why i'm doing it again), so all of my files work.
I can downgrade 9.2-->9.0 successfully so the sysupdater works.
9.0-->9.5 results in brick as well.
But the 9.5 files I have work since I did update successfully earlier....

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to find a thing... I vaguely recall reading an updated tutorial someone made on how to set up cfw now that all fw versions are supported. Can't think of who wrote it or what key words to look for. Anybody have an idea?

blubbermetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK i just updated my gateway emunand on my o3ds and everything seems to be in working order, but when i press the eshop icon it tells me I need to update again. Is this normal?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You download the homebrew launcher cia. May not work in emunand though.

That was my next question. Do you have to have the homebrew launcher boot.3dsx in the same place as my boot.3dsx to auto boot rxtools emunand? If so, I don't think it will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: m