Hacking Xenoblade Chronicle X [Undub]

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Btw, I haven't undub the dialogs yet cause of the lipsync problems reported, but probly it will be like the textures and simply have to rename the original files (i guess in snd.cpk) and bring over the files from the jpn game, I may try it later.

The jp files are apparently already in snd.cpk, we might just have to rename the folder. I did this yesterday, but I haven't done another story mission since then.

Shinryuuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I still have the blur=on in the ini file, and noticed that while running there's a blur effect on the body.
I remember the blurred ground even without the blur=on but dun remember about the body, is that the normal way or from the blur setting?

Btw, I haven't undub the dialogs yet cause of the lipsync problems reported, but probly it will be like the textures and simply have to rename the original files (i guess in snd.cpk) and bring over the files from the jpn game, I may try it later.

All of this modding makes me excited and I'm really glad about the progress you guys have made here. I tried to play Xenoblade for a while and I ran all around the places. I noticed that you'll get some blur in the bottom of the screen by default if you run in a circle. I can't really notice it.

Last edited by Shinryuuken,

SDheff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still have the blur=on in the ini file, and noticed that while running there's a blur effect on the body.
I remember the blurred ground even without the blur=on but dun remember about the body, is that the normal way or from the blur setting?

Are you able to repack snd.cpk?

Last edited by SDheff,

SDheff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you can repack snd.cpk can you try and see if you can get Japanese voices to work without them cutting off?

gardy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, aside from the censored textures on Lyn and the other characters, can someone also go through and remove all the memes and revert all the dumb changes the treehouse and 8-4 made? It's really fucking stupid they renamed Wels to Verus and the new BLADE acronym is nearly just as retarded. I'm sure there is a huge list of everything already somewhere. I know it's kinda unrealistic to retranslate everything, but the least someone could do is unfuck some of the more fucked parts and make the game bearable again.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, aside from the censored textures on Lyn and the other characters, can someone also go through and remove all the memes and revert all the dumb changes the treehouse and 8-4 made? It's really fucking stupid they renamed Wels to Verus and the new BLADE acronym is nearly just as retarded. I'm sure there is a huge list of everything already somewhere. I know it's kinda unrealistic to retranslate everything, but the least someone could do is unfuck some of the more fucked parts and make the game bearable again.
+9000
Ofc Skells <> Dolls would be most welcome as well.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You don't need the jpn game files to uncensor.

Also I saw we can create other clothes like bunny suit and stuff that I din acquire in-game yet, but those should be uncensored too.

Shinryuuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I thought you needed Japanese files for making that possible. Do they exist somewhere inside the game even they're censored?

EDIT1. Ah, if I understood correctly they're still available there and you'll just need to rename your files.

Last edited by Shinryuuken,

Haevens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, I Took the files from the Japanese release and add to 242 files _us addition.
But still this censorship after repack the cpk us.

I will test this by renaming us in this release.

Last edited by Haevens,
Reactions: paulloeduardo

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No need to get any jpn files for uncensor, the reason is very simple, the other female characters aren't censored, only Lin (AFAIK). All the texture are in the eur game (I didn't try the usa game but should be the same), Nintendo just created an extra texture set for lin (the filenames with "_us"), and i just replaced those new textures by the original textures that the other female characters also use, and they are all in that same cpk.

If ur still censored check if the hashes for each set of two files (same filename with and without "_us") match, they should be the same.

Last edited by Elusivo,

ggl0l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I did uncens yesterday on eur game. Delete "_us" files, then if I'm simply rename needed files to "_us" then on Lin swims are ok, but on other females no textures at all with swims. Next I tried to copy non-_us to _us, and only then everything works as it should.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ah ye, I was referring to uncensor in particular, for undub we do need the jpn files. Fortunately the audio files are in known adx format.

Foobar2000 for ex. reads those .adx by installing a component for it, so if anybody wants to change voices without creating a new character just listen to them in windows and then rename another folder u like to the one ur character is using.
Can even give male voices to females and vice-versa, probly can change elma and other's voices too, or record ur own voice or hentai/weird/funny noises and use that instead hehehe :D.

In my case I'm using jpn voices from folder 24, (which doesn't even exist in the eur game and why I din have voices with the jpn save) so if I want a different voice I just need to rename another folder to be the 24 instead. (all this for battle voices only)

@ggl0l lucky it din crash [emoji14] the game is pretty tough, I repacked a bunch of cpks with mixed jpn files and it never crashed on me.

Last edited by Elusivo,

ggl0l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The jp files are apparently already in snd.cpk, we might just have to rename the folder. I did this yesterday, but I haven't done another story mission since then.
i tried to start story chapter 4 without repacked snd.cpk and voices was japanese. now i'm wonder when/where those files in snd.cpk are used...

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I got the fonts to be a little big bigger, now they're readable to me, but cause they're bigger it does break/overlap some letters from the end of some words, but no big deal imo.

Easy to do also.
1- unpack the menu.cpk
2- delete the files eurasia.fnt and normal.fnt from the /font/us folder
3- go to /font folder make 2 copies of eurasia.fnt and move those copies to the font/us folder
4- back on the /font/us folder rename the 2 copied files to eurasia.fnt and normal.fnt
5- repack menu.cpk

btw, changing some files in the menu.cpk will make the game not load, hangs on black screen at boot but doesn't crash the wiiu, it's a shame cause i was trying to change files to add bust size control, but when changing those files it will make the game not boot :/

Last edited by Elusivo,
Reactions: Azel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.