Hacking Xenoblade Chronicle X [Undub]

lelek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got almost 40 hours in the US retail version of the game.

Is there any chance I could somehow use that save for the EUR Undub + Uncens version of the game? Any help would be great, thanks.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ye, the uncensor should be for all characters and all armors, and if not I think it's easy to get them from the jpn game.
I dun have that armor yet to see if it's uncensored, man but from that pic that's some serious butchering of the game [emoji33] [emoji35]

I got a jpn save working on eur game so I'm guessing all saves work.

lelek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ye, the uncensor should be for all characters and all armors, and if not I think it's easy to get them from the jpn game.
I dun have that armor yet to see if it's uncensored, man but from that pic that's some serious butchering of the game [emoji33] [emoji35]

I got a jpn save working on eur game so I'm guessing all saves work.

How do you use retail saves for the Loadiine version? Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got the fonts to be a little big bigger, now they're readable to me, but cause they're bigger it does break/overlap some letters from the end of some words, but no big deal imo.

Easy to do also.
1- unpack the menu.cpk
2- delete the files caption.fnt, eurasia.fnt and normal.fnt from the /font/us folder
3- go to /font folder make 3 copies of eurasia.fnt and move those copies to the font/us folder
4- back on the /font/us folder rename the 3 copied files to caption.fnt, eurasia.fnt and normal.fnt
5- repack menu.cpk

btw, changing some files in the menu.cpk will make the game not load, hangs on black screen at boot but doesn't crash the wiiu, it's a shame cause i was trying to change files to add bust size control, but when changing those files it will make the game not boot :/
So the size is not a value in the game, but related to the used font file?
And they provided other fonts with the game.
Can you make two screenshots to compare the font size, and see how much of an issue it is in the menus? Thank you.

How do you use retail saves for the Loadiine version? Is there a tutorial somewhere?
https://github.com/Maschell/saviine
The tool is in the top, in the "4 releases" tab. Download v1.0
The tutorial is at the bottom of the page, there's a paragraph to dump save and one to inject save.

After extraction, you will have your save in the dump/Game-ID/8000000x/ folder
rename the 8000000x folder to "u" and this is the folder to place in loadiine : sd:/wiiu/saves/game name/u/

Remember your "x" value in the 8000000x folder name. If you want to re-inject the save later, you will need that folder name again.

I started playing on Loadiine and injected my save to play online yesterday and it worked fine :)
Big thanks to Maschell for this tool!

alex_seph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How do i use tcp gecko and loadiine at the same time? I want to do somente gecko changes on Xenoblade X running on loadiine. Thanks

ggl0l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sound patching is complete, but I still want to implement the gear, and that's going to take a while because I have to do a list with all 240 filenames :(
they all have "_us" mask, i'm wrote a simple bat script that deletes original "_us"'s and copy same non-_us as _us.
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
cd chr_pc.cpk
mkdir Temp
for %%A IN (*_us.ca*) DO (move "%%~A" Temp)
cd ..

For /F "delims=" %%A In ('Dir "chr_pc.cpk\temp\*" /A-D /B') Do (Echo copy %%~A12 %%~A)>>list2.txt
Set infile2=list2.txt
Set find3=_us.camdo12
Set find4=_us.casmt12
Set replace3=.camdo
Set replace4=.casmt
for /F "tokens=* delims=," %%n in (!infile2!) do (
set LINE=%%n
set TMPR3=!LINE:%find3%=%replace3%!
Echo !TMPR3!>>_temp2.bat
)
for /F "tokens=* delims=," %%n in (_temp2.bat) do (
set LINE=%%n
set TMPR4=!LINE:%find4%=%replace4%!
Echo !TMPR4!>>_run1.bat
)
move _run1.bat chr_pc.cpk\_run.bat

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So the size is not a value in the game, but related to the used font file?
And they provided other fonts with the game.
Can you make two screenshots to compare the font size, and see how much of an issue it is in the menus? Thank you.

Dunno how the size is done, i might do some hex compare and see if I find anything, but ye, the jpn fonts still remain in the game, it's the jpn font that is being copied there.

In the normal menus, particularly on the missions menu there's few issues, the biggest problem is overlapping text for the probes info on the gamepad, and it breaks a lot of subtitles on dialogs.
Overall It doesn't look as nice as original font cause the text limiting boxes don't change size, only the font does... I'll try to post some screenshots later if I have time and maybe do some other font mixes to see if there's any better results.

Last edited by Elusivo,

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ah, it affects subtitles too?
I hoped it was only the menu text and the "found item/exp" text.
Ah ye, found items and other stuff in battle is a loooot better! but I'll try some mixes later, with some luck subtitles uses a different font.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Good news, fixed subtitles, just dun overwrite the caption.fnt from the us folder, that's the file being used for subtitle font ^^ i edited my previous post with the steps.

Shinryuuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have yet to try that replace and renaming thing with linux's rename and mv commands. I also have VirtualBox set up because I can't seem to run everything through wine here.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i was just messing about a bit more and I can now say with 99.999% certainty that menu.cpk is not what adds bust size control when making an avatar.
I managed to copy every file from the jpn menu.cpk into the eur game without hanging at boot and nothing changed.
So the function is either in the rpx itself or some other cpk.

Anybody who uses gecko and stuff know how to change the names of Elma and Lin?

SDheff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed even with snd.cpk and stream/voices replaced there are still English voices in the game. Looks like there are other files containing voices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality