Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a question to this Patch part

Remove Leftover English:
-----------------------
- Deletes every file that has a filename that does not match a file in the Japanese game. (Does not include tagged files such as _us or _f and _m)
Is that only for English only files or the other language? In my case europe Version.
What happens when these files are not delete?

And what with that Dlc download?

Last edited by Liriel,

solomani

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,
Recently discovered CEMU as a way to preserve my XCX game (since it's never been migrated and will disappear from the store at the end of this year). I ran the patcher, and all seemed good, but the cutscenes are still in English. The combat language is Japanese. Is this intended or all of it should have been patched? Thanks.

Edit: I stand corrected, looks like only one of the tutorial cutscenes stays in English (so far) everything else is Japanese. Is this a patching error or is there isn't a Japanese version of some cutscenes?

Last edited by solomani,

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, because the patcher in OP didn't seem to work properly for me and some other people, I decided to write my own (+ I get some practice with coding so that's nice).

If anyone could test it, that would be awesome. I think I've made sure everything works, but who knows when stuff breaks, so yeah. (So make a backup of your game in case :P)

Download link (v1.1)

Using the patch shouuuld be pretty self explanatory I think.

The patcher lets you pick between undubbing, uncensoring and font size patching (or everything at the same time), as well as the option to delete any English line that isn't replaceable. It should also do a md5 check on all the .cpk's that get used during the patching, and I kinda just assume the EU and US versions are identical. Tell me if they're not. You can continue the patch anyway even if it detects different md5 values. It should also make sure you're actually in a folder that's patchable and stuff like that.

Backups of all modified files will be saved in a Backup folder where the patch resides. The patch also unpacks chr_pc.cpk, which is a pretty huge file. This means that you'll need quite a bit of free space for the patch to work with.

For the undub and uncensoring patches, you'll need the Japanese game as well, while you'll only need the English game for the font size patch.

What the patch does:
Undub:
-----------------------
- Replaces every file tagged _us in \movie folder with its Japanese counterpart.
- Replaces every file in \stream folder with its Japanese counterpart. (Includes _f and _m tagged files)
- Adds all the missing voice choices from the Japanese game. (Not the menu in-game, just the files.)
- Replaces every file in ev.cpk\stm\us with its Japanese counterpart.
- Replaces every file in snd.cpk\se\voice with its Japanese counterpart.

Remove Leftover English:
-----------------------
- Deletes every file that has a filename that does not match a file in the Japanese game. (Does not include tagged files such as _us or _f and _m)

Uncensor:
-----------------------
- Replaces every file in chr_pc.cpk tagged _us with its Japanese counterpart.

Font Size:
-----------------------
- Replaces eurasia.fnt and normal.fnt in menu.cpk\font\us with eurasia.fnt from menu.cpk\font

Changelog:
v1.1
-----------------------
- Improve some logic on folder validation. Should now only require the relevant files to be patched depending on which checkboxes are selected.
- Fixing a stupid overlap in the GUI that I didn't notice.
does it work on the european version?
Post automatically merged:

I'm having problems with the movies folder, I happen to want to play in Spanish

Last edited by Amuro-san,

CaseyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after i select both the content folders and click the patch button, the program starts validating files for like 20-30 seconds and then abruptly crashes with no error message or anything. i know this isn't maintained anymore, so does anyone know of any other undub patches that still work?

lurkerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Untitled-1.png

Unfortunately the OPs links are down, but I have this program on archive- is this the latest / best way to patch XCX these days?

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Lmao so because I decided to add the Sylvalum OST as bgm in this patch years ago (with this very nice comment might I add: //Music cuz why not. ) it randomly breaks because it has a dependency on wmp. Nice.

I still had the code lying around so I've removed the music. I make no guarantee that this still works, as I don't have the XCX files anymore to test it with.

Attachments

• XCXPatch.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: Somers

SoggyWafflz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh dang I just realized that there's probably no accurate translation of Cross' soul voices for the 6 unavailable options is there?

now I'm wondering if I should look into it

Dellix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, the patcher is not working correctly for me. The intro cutscene is jap but the first elma dialogue is eng and so on. I patched the EU copy of the game and I don't understand what's wrong. Any help?

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, the patcher is not working correctly for me. The intro cutscene is jap but the first elma dialogue is eng and so on. I patched the EU copy of the game and I don't understand what's wrong. Any help?
The intro cutscene never had a working patch. From what I remember it's baked into the cutscene somewhere and can't just be easily replaced with a different audio track. It should be the only part where there is still some English left though, and everything else should be in Japanese

Extra7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, when I select the JP folder and the US folder, it says cannot find /movie folder in the source folder. Am I missing a step?

Crisso

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi just wanna ask, my memory is kinda blurry. Does this patch still have the english voice when jumping? Also, char creator for female doesn''t have the booboo slider right? Because for some reason I had to get the japanese XenobladeX to create my character, save game, then transfer to patched one. Also I believe there were more voice options in japanese version.

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, when I select the JP folder and the US folder, it says cannot find /movie folder in the source folder. Am I missing a step?
You can open the /content folder for your JP and/or US version and check if they both have the /movie folder or not

Hi just wanna ask, my memory is kinda blurry. Does this patch still have the english voice when jumping? Also, char creator for female doesn''t have the booboo slider right? Because for some reason I had to get the japanese XenobladeX to create my character, save game, then transfer to patched one. Also I believe there were more voice options in japanese version.

For jumping, iirc the playable character has the JP voices for jumping. But I do seem to remember at least Lin's jumping voice being kinda weird, so maybe it was that?

And yes, you could create characters in the JP version and then transfer the save file to the US version (or you could save it as a preset/template thing or whatever those were called, and then transfer the file for that) It was also possible to select one of the voices that didn't exist in the US version. I remember being able to play with the kuudere voice for the female playable character, but I can't recall if I did that by just selecting that voice in the JP version first, or if I had to overwrite one of the existing voices..

Extra7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can open the /content folder for your JP and/or US version and check if they both have the /movie folder or not

For jumping, iirc the playable character has the JP voices for jumping. But I do seem to remember at least Lin's jumping voice being kinda weird, so maybe it was that?

And yes, you could create characters in the JP version and then transfer the save file to the US version (or you could save it as a preset/template thing or whatever those were called, and then transfer the file for that) It was also possible to select one of the voices that didn't exist in the US version. I remember being able to play with the kuudere voice for the female playable character, but I can't recall if I did that by just selecting that voice in the JP version first, or if I had to overwrite one of the existing voices..
Hi, do I have to create a /content and /movie folder for both versions?
thank you.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe this game is still a Wii U exclusive. Maybe they'll put it on Switch 2 or still could put it on Switch in the next year or so.

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, do I have to create a /content and /movie folder for both versions?
thank you.
If you don't have the folders in the first place, then it's not going to work. What the patch does is very rudimentary: it just copies the Japanese files over to the English version, and overwrites the English files.

The patch assumes the games are in the format that Loadiine can read/use (as that was what was common when I first made the patch), so if your games are not in that format, you might have to do whatever steps to convert it to that first.

Looking at the chart here https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-dif...s-and-how-to-convert-them.449212/post-6845070, you want the "RAW GAME DATA" one

Diababloss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello?

So yeah after weeks trying to do everything good about XenoCross. (Including the undub/uncensor thing) I finally made it possible for the wii u to install and launch everything.

HOWEVER!

x) For some reason the game randomly resets while i'm roaming. I had a first save ruined like this, chapter 9, roaming at Cauldros was doing this. FN site 506 was one of those reset location.

Now, with a new save... it's the same... My plan was to rush till i can reach cauldros to see if this still happens. Chapter 4... Roaming thru Sylvalum so i can reach cauldros... But now it resets at lake ciel...

My guess is... Well the undub/uncensor/soundfix stuff isn't "Wii U friendly"

Can i have some feedback about this?

I totally missed the stuff about Lao, that's why i restarted with a somewhat "happy face"... But with that reset bug stuff...

PS: Strangely enough... My first chapter 9 save wasn't crashing at lake ciel. As i remember i roamed like everywhere (primordia, oblivia, noctilum...) to see if the reset was also happening elsewhere... but nope. On my chapter 9 save, only cauldros was doin this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it