Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmmm... This is a little strange. At first, did you have the issue that misterb98 and I are having? What version did you specify for the update download? I wonder if using the default of "latest" is broken for some bizarre reason.
I never specify the version, and I'm using the first nusgrabber release.
it downloaded the 2GB update (v192?) then I used wup installer/wi (or I used the copy on my own local server, I don't remember), and it installed successfully on my first try.
I launched SSBU at least once before installing the update, just in case it would require a ticket or something line that already on the console before allowing updates to be installed.

So, I never had any issues with the installation, it didn't freeze for SSBU.
But I installed ZombiU update and I already had a freeze once, I just retried again and it worked the second time.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Same here btw.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just want to say that your WUP Installer does not work for me anymore since the update @crediar, I tried it multiple times and I even stopped counting at some point...

Additional info: It does say "Install OK" but it seems to not do anything beyond this point anymore since I've deleted the Splatoon update in data manager and it's not appearing there anymore, no matter how often I try to run the exploit again or downloading the latest files (v144).
Same problem here :( ...
EDIT: I've waited like 30 minutes to install SSB Update, but it doesn't install anything, with older version the install took less than 15 minutes D: ...

Last edited by Goku Junior,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed the Splatoon update yesterday and it worked fine but I did use the original wupinstaller by Crediar not the update but tbh I didn't even know there was an update to wupinstaller. I didn't use the gui to download the update it doesnt work anymore really, I just got the code from the title database and used the original proper NUS to download it. it mentions in the op nusgrabber.exe has been updated and the old one wont work, it worked for me fine.

Last edited by Reecey,

ja450n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the old wupinstaller @ wiiubrew.net and it worked fine this time around, not sure what was going on with the new version of wupinstaller, but i let us sit for an hour multiple times and it kept reporting invalid data after i power-cycled the Wii U.

FYI, the latest update as of 2015/12/23 for the US release of SSB is 192, it's 1.71GB and has 51 .app files.

--edit, updating .app count. sorry for confusion.

Last edited by ja450n,

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you sure it got updated? Do you still have the tvii icon?
Whats Tvii icon?

I konw its updated because when runs kernel or loadiine or anything its just stay blank. And wupinstaller pages says wrong system version.

And another thing. Mario maker get updated by its self. Before i was 5.3.2 its force me to acept update system first before update game. But now its just downloaded ita own update

ja450n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats Tvii icon?

I konw its updated because when runs kernel or loadiine or anything its just stay blank. And wupinstaller pages says wrong system version.

And another thing. Mario maker get updated by its self. Before i was 5.3.2 its force me to acept update system first before update game. But now its just downloaded ita own update

This is the TVii icon:
AAUAMBABMQACwSKjoK

If you were still pre 5.5.0 it should be on your menu screen like this:
img_55230d05337f0.jpg

Software Update 5.5.0 removed the TVii icon as the service was canceled by Nintendo.

Last edited by ja450n,

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know if I must take the risk and install this spoof... The thread say that the installation of version.bin is permanent... But, if I install version.bin of 5.3.2, I will have again the 5.3.2 in the configuration menu?

Krantor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NUSgrabber 1.7 only shows 2 titles in the update section (japanese NSMBU and EUR MK8), version 1.6U1 remains stuck at retrieving titles and the regular version without the GUI closes immediately after I open it. Any advice? I was able to spoof 5.5 just fine earlier today. I'm still in 5.3.2 and can play my legit copy of Mario Maker just fine.
EDIT:
UWizard throws an unauthorized error, so maybe it's related to that?

Last edited by Krantor,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IDK, maybe nus being stupid.

Also, stop using GUI version, only ever shows old shit. Someone needs to get rid of links to that thing or make a proper one to replace it *cough*uwizardupdate*cough* damn cold.

Krantor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK, maybe nus being stupid.

Also, stop using GUI version, only ever shows old shit. Someone needs to get rid of links to that thing or make a proper one to replace it *cough*uwizardupdate*cough* damn cold.
S7yaWFV.jpg

This is what I get with the command line version. Normally it opens and closes immediately.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Well, @crediar done goof'd completely. The WUP Installer on his page only installs garbage on my Wii U anymore... It'll say "Install OK" infinitely and when I wait for like 30 to 40 minutes for the "install in the background to finish" as he says it'd still do the only thing I get is, as said, garbage.
When I then enter the Wii U data manager it'll tell me that it found stuff that is not usable for the Wii U and if I want to delete it which of course I have to...

cyb0rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know if I must take the risk and install this spoof... The thread say that the installation of version.bin is permanent... But, if I install version.bin of 5.3.2, I will have again the 5.3.2 in the configuration menu?

Perhaps it will be made non-permanent with the IOSU exploit. ¯\(°_o)/¯

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the old wupinstaller @ wiiubrew.net and it worked fine this time around, not sure what was going on with the new version of wupinstaller, but i let us sit for an hour multiple times and it kept reporting invalid data after i power-cycled the Wii U.

FYI, the latest update as of 2015/12/23 for the US release of SSB is 192, it's 1.71GB and has 33 .app files.
How do you know? My NUS Grabber download is the exact same size, but that folder has 51 .app files in it.

ja450n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know? My NUS Grabber download is the exact same size, but that folder has 51 .app files in it.

I downloaded update 192 and looked at the contents, i used this update to successfully update SSB on my Wii U:
h3tnh5T.png

The title.tmd confirms that there should be 51 (edit) APP files:
K2UI663.png

Last edited by ja450n,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches