Gaming World's biggest Wii U game collection

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
finngamer: glad you found this forum. :)

And my hat of to you, sir. I have but glanced at all your video's, but to the early teenager in me, those video's are made in heaven. :bow:

Now you're here, would you mind answering the questions I (rhetorically) posed earlier on? Namely:

-do you have (plans for) a collection of eshop games as well?
-I noticed the lack of balance board in the collection. Or other items sold in the eshop or in stores (like amiibos). Do you collect those as well, or is it "just" collecting the software?

Note that this is just curiosity (it's not like I like those plastic dolls myself)

Thanks. :)

Okay everyone, calm down. Wii U has now had its U-turn, the amazing multiplatforms have arrived. This is what we've all been waiting for.

View attachment 15572

:wtf:

Laugh all you want, but my former girlfriend was a huge fan of monster high. She also had a wii (admitted: along with the dust most household wii's have) so it's not that unlikely she may actually buy this sort of game. Of course it most likely doesn't make it less of a shovelware/lousy product, but it would be wrong to assume that nobody would be interested.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ummm, by that logic the GameCube had zero Soul Calibur II games, as it was released on other consoles as well. :lol: You must be mistaking the word unique with exclusive. Of course TTT2:WUE should be counted in the unique games the Wii U has, it's the only game of the series on the platform.
My point is that SoulCalibur II is, in my personal view, a multiplatform title despite the differences between platforms. Yes, I mixed up unique with exclusive there. TTT2:WUE is a multiplatform title as it's 99% the same game as TTT2 on other platforms. To a collector this sounds unorthodox, but talking about the game itself in general, this is how I would approach it. Bayonetta is a multiplatform game (including the Wii U edition despite being a remaster with Nintendo themed additions and sold only as part of a special bundle), Bayonetta 2 isn't a multiplatform game. That's my angle.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
i didn't even know there were that many games on the wiiu :creep:

Most of them aren't even worth buying. Just stick to the exclusives (and even not all of them are that good anyway).

Actually it's quite the contrary. Thanks to being a commercial failure, the Wii U has minimal amount of shovelware. The percentage of fantastic exclusives of the whole library is higher than other consoles for sure. It also has only three sports games to collect, which is of course bad for the console but good for me.

Being that the Wii U is a fucking failure it means it lacks seriously actually proper good multiplatform games and instead we get shit from Little Orbit and 505 Games. Let's give Wii U a round of applause for Barbie's Dreamhouse Party, Monster High: 13 Wishes, Penguins of Madagascar, Phineas & Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff and many other amazing titles!

Plus in addition the Wii U only has digital triggers which sucks ass compared to the other consoles that have had it since the 6th (OX) & 7th gens (360, PS3) whereas Nintendo instead of keeping them they replaced it with digital triggers for God knows why.

The GameCube has analogue triggers and considering they brought it back as is they're perhaps aware it's how games are meant to be played not with technology from 10 years ago (it was understandable playing PS2 games with digital triggers as that was time jumping from early games to more advanced ones).

Three sport games (FIFA, Madden, NBA) you say? There's also Sports Connection and YourShape, so these count too.

Fortunately the rednecks' sport game didn't make its way to the Wii U, THANKFULLY! Thanks for not porting it, Activision.

/angry Wii U rant

Reactions: Bladexdsl

finngamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
finngamer: glad you found this forum. :)

And my hat of to you, sir. I have but glanced at all your video's, but to the early teenager in me, those video's are made in heaven. :bow:

Now you're here, would you mind answering the questions I (rhetorically) posed earlier on? Namely:

-do you have (plans for) a collection of eshop games as well?
-I noticed the lack of balance board in the collection. Or other items sold in the eshop or in stores (like amiibos). Do you collect those as well, or is it "just" collecting the software?

I'm not into "collecting" digital stuff, so no. But I do play the essential digital games.

I do have a Wii Balance Board, just haven't found a Wii U branded Balance Board for a decent price. I am trying to collect the peripherals as well, but I'm in no rush to find them. I have every amiibo release so far, but there wasn't too many of them out at the time I made this video, so I decided to leave them out.

Being that the Wii U is a fucking failure it means it lacks seriously actually proper good multiplatform games and instead we get shit from Little Orbit and 505 Games. Let's give Wii U a round of applause for Barbie's Dreamhouse Party, Monster High: 13 Wishes, Penguins of Madagascar, Phineas & Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff and many other amazing titles!

Three sport games (FIFA, Madden, NBA) you say? There's also Sports Connection and YourShape, so these count too.

Don't know why I'm even answering here, but Sports Connection and Wii Sports Club are party games, YourShape and Wii Fit U are fitness games. The other games you listed are simply not your demographic, there's nothing wrong with a game for kids based on an animated movie.

But that's not the point, the point was that whatever gets released on the Wii U, you can be sure are even more plentiful on the PS4 and Xbox One. Well, not yet because the Wii U has a bigger library than those systems, but as they sell more, the shovelware will come. There are already gems like this just on the PS4:

Putty Squad
Air Conflicts: Vietnam
Le Tour de France 2014

The PlayStation 2 has the biggest library of any console, and as such it has the largest number of good games ever. But it also has the biggest percentage of crap ever, courtesy of the biggest installed base ever. It doesn't make the console any worse as you can easily avoid buying them, but you'd have to be crazy to start collecting every PS2 game. This is not the case with the Wii U which will, in the end, have a very low percentage of bad games released for it.

Just to be clear: this doesn't magically make the Wii U's library any better, I'm just reiterating why I made the decision to start collecting for it.

Reactions: Taleweaver

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Don't know why I'm even answering here, but Sports Connection and Wii Sports Club are party games, YourShape and Wii Fit U are fitness games.

The point is that they are technically sport games so that's what matters, regardless of being party games. Super Smash Bros. is a party game but recognised as a fighting game.

The other games you listed are simply not your demographic, there's nothing wrong with a game for kids based on an animated movie.
If the Wii U had decent 3rd party support there wouldn't be interest on these garbage games which can end pretty much in 15-20mins (Barbie Dreamhouse Party) because afterwards there's really nothing else to do.

And tell me how many kids own a Wii U than tablets, iPhones, Xboxes and/or PS4s? Chances are it's very low and they'd rather have a 3DS instead because the 3DS actually has way better games than the Wii U.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I do have a Wii Balance Board, just haven't found a Wii U branded Balance Board for a decent price.
You should know if you've researched as much as you say that there's no Wii U branded Balance Board. I have detailed the only difference in Wii Balance Boards here in this thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-balance-board-version-differences.362917/. All Wii Balance Boards sold have the Wii logo, not the Wii U logo. This includes the white and black Japanese bundles for Wii Fit U. Unless of course you mean having the Wii U logo on the bundle box, the actual Wii Balance Board is the same.

The fact Wii U is a failure is good for collectors as it means there's not a ginormous library to collect as for the PS2. Even with moderate pace it is very possible to collect all games released for the Wii U (or just for a specific region). It may become difficult to get all limited editions, e.g. Smash Bros. with GameCube adapter, but again if you have the money then go for it. Collecting is a thing of its own and I do respect the time and money some people put into collecting.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

finngamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The point is that they are technically sport games so that's what matters, regardless of being party games.

Even if you count those in, the PS4 and Xbox One already have surpassed the Wii U in the sports game tally in just one year, so... why does it matter?

And tell me how many kids own a Wii U than tablets, iPhones, Xboxes and/or PS4s? Chances are it's very low and they'd rather have a 3DS instead because the 3DS actually has way better games than the Wii U.

Not too many, which is why the games don't sell on the Wii U. Your point is? It doesn't make the games themselves any poorer even if the target demographic isn't there.

But of course I'd recommend a 3DS to a kid over the Wii U, no question.

Unless of course you mean having the Wii U logo on the bundle box, the actual Wii Balance Board is the same.

Yes, the box.

Same with Wii Remotes and Nunchucks, looking to get all that have Wii U branded packaging, even though inside the box they still are just Wii peripherals.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Most of them aren't even worth buying. Just stick to the exclusives (and even not all of them are that good anyway).
here's my collection...isn't it glorious?! :creep:
zlEYNKE.jpg

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
what a sad loser, not only does he have the same game up to 3 times, but he has barbie and this is a full grown man, i would be embarrassed to show this, he also has the same game for different regions? and 3rd party titles that you can get on the ps3/ps4 that is not a collection, that is a waste of time and money.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
here's my collection...isn't it glorious?! :creep:
zlEYNKE.jpg
Waah!?! In Australia you guys get the stylised titles on the spines? I envy you guys.

The UK spines are mostly just normal small text. :-/ Lucky bastards you Aussies are. :glare:

O00S1qR.jpg

And yes, I always try to have all games with the green stripe even though that's impossible for some of them (due to low print or they probably never had a UK release at all.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Waah!?! In Australia you guys get the stylised titles on the spines? I envy you guys.

The UK spines are mostly just normal small text. :-/ Lucky bastards you Aussies are. :glare:

O00S1qR.jpg

And yes, I always try to have all games with the green stripe even though that's impossible for some of them (due to low print or they probably never had a UK release at all.

yes m8 I like those, like me that is what we call just a normal collection of wiiu games and probably like many more members as well :)

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
exactly and i intend to add X, zelda and prob star fox (depends on the controls) to it.
If I look at the games I currently have, let's see... Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2 is all I'd really add to the collection of games you currently own as Wii U games worth buying. Honorable mention to Captain Toad though only if you can live with a game you complete in 2 hours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.