Registry Hack for Aero...? It should work as long as you've got a graphics card that can handle it and up to date drivers for it. If Windows 7 isn't showing you an option for Aero, it's probably for good reason.
no need for a hack. windows 7 is set on basic for default (for some reason, maybe u need to update your graphic driver). to fix this, click on the start button, and in the search bar, type in aero. click on
"find and fix etc..."
my graphic card is Radeon 9200 SE i think btw how exackly turn on Aero? it should be on Windows theme and the one that looks like its aero?
1. Click on Start and type regedit at run
2. Go to the following registry key:
3. In the right details pane, create following Three DWORD (32-bit value) entry. If not there create a new key.
* UseMachineCheck, and set its value to 0.
* Blur, and set its value to 0.
* Animations, and set its value to 0.
4. Close Regedit
5. Click on Start and type CMD with administrative Priviliges
6. Now type following command to stop and start Desktop Window Manager Session Manager.
* Net Stop uxsms
* Net Start uxsms
7. Now Enable Aero by right clicking on desktop-> Personalize ->Windows Colors.
This Registry Hack to enable Aero in Windows 7 can also be used on Windows 7 install on Virtual Machine like Virtual PC 2007 but this wont work on Vmware Player which doesn’t have DirectX 9 or support physical machine video Drives.
I don't get it if the DWM isn't there and u create a new one is that okay? cuz i have it and if some people don't have that doesn't that mean that the things in that registry key are useless?
Also i thought you needed a WDDM compatbile graphic card