Keeley

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just recently installed Windows 7 Beta, i tried the registry hack for Aero but it won't work! maybe i'm not following the instrustions rite
hate2.gif
can some show me how to do it right? But i'm pretty sure i'm doing it rite

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Registry Hack for Aero...? It should work as long as you've got a graphics card that can handle it and up to date drivers for it. If Windows 7 isn't showing you an option for Aero, it's probably for good reason.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
no need for a hack. windows 7 is set on basic for default (for some reason, maybe u need to update your graphic driver). to fix this, click on the start button, and in the search bar, type in aero. click on
"find and fix etc..."

cheers

Keeley

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i'm pretty sure i'm doing it rite but i probbably just don't know how to enable aero, xD and i don't think there's a vid tut if some already did it could they help me? Also i don't have multiboot.

Offtopic: When i search Windows 7 aer help this topic is on the top xD

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What exactly is your graphics chip/card? Anything that can run DX9 can run Aero, unlike in Vista which needed support for Pixel Shader 3.0 as well.

Have you tried right clicking on desktop and going into Personalise? And then after that, you change it to one of the other themes (which should have Aero, or at least show it does).

Keeley

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
my graphic card is Radeon 9200 SE i think btw how exackly turn on Aero? it should be on Windows theme and the one that looks like its aero?

1. Click on Start and type regedit at run

2. Go to the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

3. In the right details pane, create following Three DWORD (32-bit value) entry. If not there create a new key.

* UseMachineCheck, and set its value to 0.
* Blur, and set its value to 0.
* Animations, and set its value to 0.

4. Close Regedit

5. Click on Start and type CMD with administrative Priviliges

6. Now type following command to stop and start Desktop Window Manager Session Manager.

* Net Stop uxsms
* Net Start uxsms

7. Now Enable Aero by right clicking on desktop-> Personalize ->Windows Colors.

This Registry Hack to enable Aero in Windows 7 can also be used on Windows 7 install on Virtual Machine like Virtual PC 2007 but this wont work on Vmware Player which doesn’t have DirectX 9 or support physical machine video Drives.

I don't get it if the DWM isn't there and u create a new one is that okay? cuz i have it and if some people don't have that doesn't that mean that the things in that registry key are useless?

Also i thought you needed a WDDM compatbile graphic card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg