Hacking Will Wii U ever be hacked just like the Wii?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those systems got popular in a short burst of time and died off. I mean the: 360, Wii, PS3, PS2, DS, WiiU, and more. These systems are fully exploitable or are being worked on to be fully exploitable.
Psp IMO is still a good handheld, with a great library of game,s and still exploitable, however, pspvita lack of interest and games.

360 is great a RGH and also has LT3.
Wii has Homebrew channel and full IOS access.
3DS is stuck atm with 10.3 and lower.
PS3 has custom firmwares, but sadly only till 3.55 [<------ This worries me, because, we dont know for sure, if the wii u will stuck on a firmware specific hack.]
Ps2 HDD Loader
DS Cheap R4 Everywhere
PSP Can still be exploited

But the thing is again, people who want a KODY/XBMC cheap setup might go for a small android tv setup, instead of waiting for the Wii U in order to port linux in order to port the Kodi distro.

Reactions: Ruby Gloom
D

Deleted User

To my understanding if someone manages to crack the Wii U's master key like with the PS3 then homebrew can flourish just like it did on the Wii. Being a much more powerful system with digital video output if that day were to come to light (which is possible, yet unlikely) we would have the ultimate homebrew machine.

Probably one of the least used phrases in recorded history.
Its ok, soon the haters are gonna have to submit to p1ng's banhammer :P

keyboard-warrior.jpg

Last edited by ,

Slim02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psp IMO is still a good handheld, with a great library of game,s and still exploitable, however, pspvita lack of interest and games.

PS3 has custom firmwares, but sadly only till 3.55 [<------ This worries me, because, we dont know for sure, if the wii u will stuck on a firmware specific hack.]
Ps2 HDD Loader
DS Cheap R4 Everywhere

But the thing is again, people who want a KODY/XBMC cheap setup might go for a small android tv setup, instead of waiting for the Wii U in order to port linux in order to port the Kodi distro.

Not true about the PS3 custom firmwares.. You only need to be on 3.55 to easily jailbreak a PS3.. But you can jailbreak a PS3 on any firmware with a e3 flasher.. Also custom firmware run all way up to the news OFW.. I running CFW 4.78 on my jailbreak PS3..

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, you don't need to stay "outdated" on your firmware. You can spoof up to current firmware and even go online still. Exploitable firmware's are just the foundation. Once you have unsigned access and the exploitable firmware then you can usually either spoof or use a custom firmware. Staying on the old firmware and having patience until all that comes out is where people get testy.

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ps2 HDD Loader
DS Cheap R4 Everywhere

They still maintain PPC arch builds of Kodi?? The 360 is PPC and never seen XMBC/Kodi in its lifetime and it had a few linux distros available.

Also what do you mean by the 3DS being stuck? solder 4 wires into that and it can be downgraded and hacked and A9LH to just play CIA games likes nobodys business. Same with the PS3s who shipped with 3.55 or below. Its more like 45 wires though. Clip things with teensy++ help a ton in those cases to get the 4.78 unit back down to 3.55. If you don't know install ps3minverchk pup. It'll tell you the lowest firmware the unit can run.

Last edited by TreyTrent,

Whatnoww

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not true about the PS3 custom firmwares.. You only need to be on 3.55 to easily jailbreak a PS3.. But you can jailbreak a PS3 on any firmware with a e3 flasher.. Also custom firmware run all way up to the news OFW.. I running CFW 4.78 on my jailbreak PS3..
Hack. Jailbreak is for iPhones, rooting is for android and hacking is for consoles, pc's, etc. I always get a weird feeling in my stomach when somebody generically applies Apple terms to something unrelated. Sorry, lol. :lol:

To answer OP. Soon™.

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hack. Jailbreak is for iPhones, rooting is for android and hacking is for consoles, pc's, etc. I always get a weird feeling in my stomach when somebody generically applies Apple terms to something unrelated. Sorry, lol. :lol:

lol... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Jailbreak

Literally the very first modchip that started the CFW movement was called PSjailbreak. I don't think this device ever shipped either, the USB traffic was sniffed and the code was released for free for ATmel chips followed by nearly everything else including using USBHost mode on android phones.

Last edited by TreyTrent,
Reactions: Whatnoww

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you guys have to be assholes about questions like this? If you don't like the post then don't reply to it, simple as that. Whining about poor posts doesn't do anything, and just bumps the thread.

Because the community allows and encourages these people to continue what they do. I am completely and 100% opposed to people getting mistreated over asking questions,this is the only forum where this kind of stuff is tolerated and I have been suspended numerous times for defending myself against bullies on here that feel that since there is no consequence they can insult the OP all they want. If we started suspending people that give smart aleck answers/call the op an idiot, the rudeness would stop within a month. I can't for the life of me understand why we tolerate this obnoxious behavior. If people don't want to answer the OP's question in a respectful way,they should refrain from posting in the thread to begin with. These bullies need to be dealt with one way or another.

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but greedy jerks like to sit on the 5.5.0 exploits instead of sharing them for the greater good. :/

Part of the reason they do this is because the community respects them even after the fact that they behave like they are the King of England for making an exploit. Not going to mention any names here,but look at the IOSU thread,the guy started massive drama and left everyone hanging. Is the guy banned? Nope,he just took a massive dookie on GBAtemp and left it for all the staff to clean up after.Previous hackers left a dangerous precedent because now hackers know that they can have the community on its knees by pouting,whining,and acting immature in general. It's a shame at the end of the day but it is what it is. While I do think it is the hackers prerogative to release, I think their should be consequences for teasing the community and getting members banned all for their own narcissistic desire for approval.

As a man the only thing that NO ONE can take away from you is your word. If your word is meaningless,what value do you have as a man?

Reactions: Jayro

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer the topic title:
Yes and no.

No because...
Kind of disappointing that it's a pain to set something up over the network, just to save high scores or something, and definitely not easy for your end users. All because people think that piracy is the ONLY thing anyone could do if they had the means to access a SD card or USB drive on this console in their code. Ugh.

SO FREAKING WHAT??! Just ignore those people... I'd say just code it in if you had access to save the score.
And this is why... if devs keep listening to those ignorant people, then there isn't even a reason to wait for IOSU nor even for Hykem or Smealum to release it...

Yes because:
If devs just ignore those irrelevant people, they can release something useful, port what we all had on the Wii to take adventage of the Wii U hardware.[/QUOTE]

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
To answer the topic title:
Yes and no.

No because...

SO FREAKING WHAT??! Just ignore those people... I'd say just code it in if you had access to save the score.
And this is why... if devs keep listening to those ignorant people, then there isn't even a reason to wait for IOSU nor even for Hykem or Smealum to release it...

Yes because:
If devs just ignore those irrelevant people, they can release something useful, port what we all had on the Wii to take adventage of the Wii U hardware.
[/QUOTE]
But I can't, because they won't release the IOSU exploit for 5.5, so I make homebrew that might be fun, but could be a ton better if they'd quit worrying about idiots that will actually sit for 15 minutes for a back-up game to load.

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The Wii and PSP are fully exploitable only because of improper cryptography implementations, you can fake sign cIOSes on Wii. Older PSPs have a pre-ipl exploit that allow CFW to load on coldboot, the private key for signing games was leaked as well so you could just exploit the kernel directly on any PSP by just signing the payload without using any additional vulnerabilities.

Newer consoles have properly implemented RSA/ESDSA cryptos with vuln migration techniques (DEP, console-unique encryption keys, I won't be surprised if the NX has ASLR and KPP) that makes finding boot time exploits much harder (3DS is an exception), if possible after all.

Last edited by lefthandsword,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1