Hacking Will Wii U ever be hacked just like the Wii?

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually this is not such a stupid question.

The question is: will we ever get boot0 level hacks? As some of you may know, there's now something like that for o3DS and n3DS, which unfortunately requires you to downgrade to 1.0/2.0 to dump your per-console specific keys and overwriting specific areas of the NAND, but when that's done, the bootloader will jump to your code.

Will we ever get that on WiiU? That remains the question but there were some hints at a boot level vulnerability.

For now it looks like you will have to be on an exploitable "SysNAND" for which there is a userland, kernel, and IOSU expoit, then load an "EmuNAND" for use, but since IOSU is not out, it's all speculation.

Reactions: ScarletDreamz

Net-KILLER

computer says no
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Actually this is not such a stupid question.

The question is: will we ever get boot0 level hacks? As some of you may know, there's now something like that for o3DS and n3DS, which unfortunately requires you to downgrade to 1.0/2.0 to dump your per-console specific keys and overwriting specific areas of the NAND, but when that's done, the bootloader will jump to your code.

Will we ever get that on WiiU? That remains the question but there were some hints at a boot level vulnerability.

For now it looks like you will have to be on an exploitable "SysNAND" for which there is a userland, kernel, and IOSU expoit, then load an "EmuNAND" for use, but since IOSU is not out, it's all speculation.
Do you have a link to that 3ds stuff ?

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
And this is exactly why people are starting to hate on Temp.
Either don't reply or reply with a serious non insulting answer.

I agree with p1ng, you children are poisoning Temp!

OT:
We don't know OP.
Only thing we can do is wait it out.
I saw something about a kernel exploit being released soon and something about EmuNAND and what not.

What you could do is get a 2nd Wii U and use that for hacking and use your first Wii U for online/legit play.

Yeah... I am getting pretty sick of the negative, off topic, spammy, hateful posts. I'm just going to start suspending everyone I see doing it at this point its an epidemic.

conradcervantes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Thank you. Feels like the negativity has long simmered ever since I joined up, and now for some reason everyone wants to be a shitlord to people asking innocent questions. Ignore the thread, answer the goddamn question, or move on.

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem is not the hateful comments it's lazy people who doesn't take time to search a question that has been answer ALOT of times and that usually is still on page one.

We need to stop punishing the good one, and punish the lazy one instead

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem is not the hateful comments it's lazy people who doesn't take time to search a question that has been answer ALOT of times and that usually is still on page one.

We need to stop punishing the good one, and punish the lazy one instead

no its the hateful comments if ya dont care for the question being asked dont enter the topic unless your gonna reply to the question in a nice civil manner.

on topic though TC we wont ever have it like it was on wii as there is a ton of extra security in place so unless nintendo really screws up somewhere with a future update it wont happen sadly.

Last edited by Gaiaknight,

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no its the hateful comments if ya dont care for the question being asked or dont enter the topic unless your gonna reply to the question in a nice civil manner.

No people who make useless threads needs to GTFO it make people think it will have useful information which is doesn't

If you can't search then stay ignorant

D

Deleted User

Just because someone asked a question that reflects a lack of education about a topic does not give anyone the right to insult them. Be polite or say nothing and move on.

Reactions: Gaiaknight

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no its the hateful comments if ya dont care for the question being asked or dont enter the topic unless your gonna reply to the question in a nice civil manner.
It goes both ways. This section is called "Wii U - Hacking & Homebrew"
not
"Ask any question you want related to Devs, the Wii U, Piracy, etc."

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who is tired of seeing the forum spammed to shit while the actual good threads are being bumped down because so many people create new threads when they don't even read the stickies or just ask their question in another thread.
And a thread like this belongs in general off topic. No one knows the answer to this question obviously. It all depends on the community and if they are interested in some point of time to start developing for the Wii U.

Last edited by crwys,

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just because someone asked a question that reflects a lack of education about a topic does not give anyone the right to insult them. Be polite or say nothing and move on.

People need to stop being carebear and accept the truth, this is the internet, if you can't handle the truth go hide in the woods and stay away from the population. People who make useful threads often take time to make everything as clear as possiblie.

Nothing more annoying then taking 2h+ to make a good post, just to have someone make a new thread right under it asking the question that you took your own time to answer in the previous thread OP

Reactions: Whatnoww and crwys

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It goes both ways. This section is called "Wii U - Hacking & Homebrew"
not
"Ask any question you want related to Devs, the Wii U, Piracy, etc."

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who is tired of seeing the forum spammed to shit while the actual good threads are being bumped down because so many people create new threads when they don't even read the stickies or just ask their question in another thread.
And a thread like this belongs in general off topic. No one knows the answer to this question obviously. It all depends on the community and if they are interested in some point of time to start developing for the Wii U.

yes but there is still way to respond to someone without being a dick TC asked a nice simple question yet was treated with some very rude responses which is uncalled for but im done discussing this as its off topic.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best you can hope for is a scene similar to the 3DS scene. But it will never be like how it was with the Wii. There's too much additional security. It will never be as easy as it used to be on the Wii.

Indeed, however, it also seems that less people care about exploting the next gen consoles. seeing it from a point of view, most users wants emulators, which they can be now played on almost any device, even on a cheap android device, ouya, wii etc etc, people also wants XBMC on the wii u, however, i dont think they understand whats the work that has to be done in order to achieve this, including security, reverse engineering, and last, motivation from the devs, which each time is less thanks to the community who only wants "Free Stuff".

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Indeed, however, it also seems that less people care about exploting the next gen consoles. seeing it from a point of view, most users wants emulators, which they can be now played on almost any device, even on a cheap android device, ouya, wii etc etc, people also wants XBMC on the wii u, however, i dont think they understand whats the work that has to be done in order to achieve this, including security, reverse engineering, and last, motivation from the devs, which each time is less thanks to the community who only wants "Free Stuff".
The easiest way to get XBMC/Kodi on the Wii U would probably be to port Linux to it, which would also enable a lot of other things so it would be a worthwhile effort. Who knows, we may see Wii U linux some day :)

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easiest way to get XBMC/Kodi on the Wii U would probably be to port Linux to it, which would also enable a lot of other things so it would be a worthwhile effort. Who knows, we may see Wii U linux some day :)
yeah and that would be awesome, however, most end user don't care, and for XBMC/KODI/Isengard, there are several cheap ways, in my cas,e an MXIII that i got for 40 bucks does the job.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
By that, I mean, Does the Wii U will ever be hacked like the Wii, like LIKE the Wii
Like, I won't need to keep my Wii U outdated, first off.
Every system ( If it's popular. ) gets to that point sometime. We shall wait to see when the WiiU gets its support ended. *Waits for Nintendo to give up on 3DS*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.