Will Wii U ever be hacked just like the Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Noctosphere, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Noctosphere
    OP

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three female furries
    By that, I mean, Does the Wii U will ever be hacked like the Wii, like LIKE the Wii
    Like, I won't need to keep my Wii U outdated, first off.

2. Kylecito
    This message by Kylecito has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Feb 2, 2016, Reason: spam.
    Feb 1, 2016
  3. Noctosphere
    This message by Noctosphere has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Feb 2, 2016, Reason: spam.
    Feb 1, 2016
  4. Kylecito
    This message by Kylecito has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Feb 2, 2016, Reason: spam.
    Feb 1, 2016
  5. TheZander

TheZander member

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    ^^ Jeez sorry nocto I don't know why he couldn't just tell you.

The answer is yes it will be hacked exactly like the Wii.

6. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    No one knows. This is homebrew, which depends on interest and vulnerabilities. Go take a look at homebrew for the PS3 and what that depends on. Wii and PSP I'd say are exceptions, not the standard for homebrew platforms.

DinohScene likes this.
  7. Noctosphere
    OP

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three female furries
    Okay, but the wii U will be hackable like the wii like we won't need to keep our wii u outdated for ever, right?
    Or we will need to wait for the NX to be released in order so Nintendo won't support Wii U anymore and thus won't release anymore update?

8. SnAQ
    This message by SnAQ has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Feb 2, 2016, Reason: spam.
    Feb 2, 2016
  9. hashcheck1

hashcheck1 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2013
    nope not like the old days :) now close this thread

10. SnAQ
    This message by SnAQ has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Feb 2, 2016, Reason: spam.
    Feb 2, 2016
  11. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Stupid question, I hate these idiotic posts. Ofcourse the Wii U will be hacked, with you doing the hacking how could it not be. I'm so proud of you @Noctosphere for your willingness to take the helm on this one, can you please implement a feature where the drive ejects the disk at 70mp/h im seriously missing my frisbee fun time, shouldn't be too difficult, right?

Thanks Man

dronesplitter, Bubsy Bobcat and SnAQ like this.
  12. treebeard

treebeard Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    Lost
    Why do you guys have to be assholes about questions like this? If you don't like the post then don't reply to it, simple as that. Whining about poor posts doesn't do anything, and just bumps the thread.

funnystory, Pacheko17, sanec and 3 others like this.
  13. klikerus

klikerus Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2016
    United States
    and the b-tchfest continues...

14. zantzue

zantzue GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Basque Country
    +1

15. Kakkoii

Kakkoii Old fart

Sep 14, 2007
    Canada
    If the IOSU exploit comes out, it will be basically the same capabilities as we had on the Wii. You just won't have direct-from-boot homebrew because nobody has been able to fully exploit that yet. There will eventually be ways to update, the most likely candidate being an Emunand type system.

Last edited by Kakkoii, Feb 2, 2016
    DinohScene likes this.
  16. Bozog
    This message by Bozog has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Feb 2, 2016, Reason: spam.
    Feb 2, 2016
  17. Bhampster

Bhampster Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    Right,... I imagine it's hard to know the future.

I know I will never win the lottery because I don't play. But, generally, it's hard to know the future.

18. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2010
    Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA
    Like; the hack will come because I trust hykem,

The patience is just not very strong with the community, too much fear and anger I sense

19. ThomasRobertWade

ThomasRobertWade GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2012
    It was hacked just like the Wii back in 2012 when the Wii U came out.

20. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat sipp

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Yes soon Wii U get hacked BIG good GOOD hack like wii 1 nintendo maybe tommorow :P

21. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    And this is exactly why people are starting to hate on Temp.
    Either don't reply or reply with a serious non insulting answer.

I agree with p1ng, you children are poisoning Temp!

OT:
    We don't know OP.
    Only thing we can do is wait it out.
    I saw something about a kernel exploit being released soon and something about EmuNAND and what not.

What you could do is get a 2nd Wii U and use that for hacking and use your first Wii U for online/legit play.

p1ngpong, ashio83, VinsCool and 2 others like this.
  22. Magnus87
    This message by Magnus87 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 2, 2016, Reason: trash.
    Feb 2, 2016
  23. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The upcoming IOSU exploit will allow emuNAND, I believe. It'll never be hacked exactly like the Wii (because the Wii had poor security and they failed to patch things you could just update your Wii and reinstall HBC+cIOS) but it will be hacked more like the 3DS so you can keep your emuNAND updated and use that as long as you don't update your sysNAND.

DinohScene likes this.
  24. Ratatapa
    This message by Ratatapa has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 2, 2016, Reason: why do people think jokes like this are funny.
    Feb 2, 2016
  25. crwys

crwys GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 26, 2008
    United States
    Fixed it for you

There are plenty of threads where the OP could have asked this question. Stickies, the hacking thread, etc

VinsCool likes this.
  26. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Well, this depends, hope so tough, its simple like this, first people need to breakdown the wiiU, document all the stuff, which means mostly reverse engineering, then it comes to search for an entry point, can be view browser, via mii, via whatever lets the end user executes some lines of code.
    Then we need access to the IOSU, which controls everything on the system, so we can run Homebrew and home code.
    It will possible, that's my bet, however, few people is working on this, and users are raging when they dont release when they think the devs said so, the community is getting smaller and smaller, filled with off topics, as you can see, however, the users, should probably SEARCH before posting.
    TLDR, hopefully, but the wii u has an unsure future, and might take sometime to be exploited as the wii, if this gets to happen.

27. jammybudga777
    This message by jammybudga777 has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Feb 4, 2016, Reason: off topic.
    Feb 2, 2016
  28. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    https://gbatemp.net/ask/ < simple questions requiring simple answers .. Not whole threads . Its a question that is worth asking but its not worth a thread as youll just enrage the masses for asking dumb questions , either ask in a hacking thread or use the Ask feature .. dont create pointless threads we got enough already.

29. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK