Wii U Stuck at "Wii U Menu" screen

darkexnarukami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, since like 2 months ago, my Wii U got splashed with a bit of water, I unplugged it (the console was off) and I let it dry, the first time booting it worked fine but now It doesnt seem to load the Wii U menu (also, Gamepad fails connecting but then reconnects), I've tried to remove SD card and USB's, reinstalling the files for aroma, but nothing works, It only seems to boot payloads like minute_minute, there's something that I can do?

neverends4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crack it open and do some cleaning to get rid of water SOON, done by a professional preferred. because if you do not do it soon then water get thing rusted then you are done for.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seeing it worked first but now, two months later it fails this might be what neverends4 sais: Corrosion on the board. If that's the case it sounds like it's too late for a simple cleaning through.

Anyway, it might also be completely independent of the water incident. As you said you're able to boot minute try this fork: https://github.com/jan-hofmeier/minute_minute/releases - It has an option to dump the syslogs and these might be able to reveal what's really going on.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't imagine it makes a difference, but have you tried booting through the Tiramisu environment instead of Aroma?

When you're talking water on the system, all bets are off on what (if anything) can bring it back to life. My money says you probably are out of luck, but I also personally wouldn't give up right away on trying all sorts of different random things that might make it work again. I've personally thought my Wii U might have been busted to some extent in the past, only to find through my own experimenting that a random module no longer was playing nice with Tiramisu and had to remove it (from the Tiramisu environment, works a charm in the Aroma environment still) and then everything has been working perfectly ever since, so you just never know. Best of luck to you!

darkexnarukami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Sorry for not replying, I wasnt checking GBATemp these days
Crack it open and do some cleaning to get rid of water SOON, done by a professional preferred. because if you do not do it soon then water get thing rusted then you are done for.
I already got rid of the water before even booting it the first time, It booted fine, but the next boot (after a time) didnt had the same luck.
I can't imagine it makes a difference, but have you tried booting through the Tiramisu environment instead of Aroma?

When you're talking water on the system, all bets are off on what (if anything) can bring it back to life. My money says you probably are out of luck, but I also personally wouldn't give up right away on trying all sorts of different random things that might make it work again. I've personally thought my Wii U might have been busted to some extent in the past, only to find through my own experimenting that a random module no longer was playing nice with Tiramisu and had to remove it (from the Tiramisu environment, works a charm in the Aroma environment still) and then everything has been working perfectly ever since, so you just never know. Best of luck to you!
Thank you for the good vibes man! I already tried booting it up with Tiramisu, Aroma, or without both but It doesnt seems to get past the "Wii U Menu" screen, I will try to dump logs later, I mean I already tried but got lost between all of the logs since it doesnt haves the BIOS clock battery

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just upload all the logs with the meta.bin as a zip.

This could be a bad 2,4Ghz Wifi Problem: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ultimat...reset-black-screen-after-stuck-update.642339/

A missing or broken Wifi Module makes the Wii U hang on the splash screen of the second Application that gets launched. Normally the first one is the Wii U Menu, and the second the game. But since you are coldbooting Aroma, the first Application is H&S and then the Wii U menu the second, where you get stuck.

darkexnarukami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Just upload all the logs with the meta.bin as a zip.

This could be a bad 2,4Ghz Wifi Problem: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ultimat...reset-black-screen-after-stuck-update.642339/

A missing or broken Wifi Module makes the Wii U hang on the splash screen of the second Application that gets launched. Normally the first one is the Wii U Menu, and the second the game. But since you are coldbooting Aroma, the first Application is H&S and then the Wii U menu the second, where you get stuck.
There are the logs I could rip a days ago, I just wasnt sure which one was the last one

I will try removing and putting again the Wifi chip later, maybe could be unplugged
EDIT: Seems like the problem actually was the WIFI Chip, it was wrong connected and now It boots! Thank you very much! Now I can finally play again Black Ops 2 and Sm4sh with my 3DS

Attachments

• logs.rar
    721.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by darkexnarukami,
Reactions: SDIO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto