PS1/2 Will "money" Reedem cards from japan work on europe?

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi, right now I'm in a trip at japan, having fun soo bad, bought DualShock3, ASSASSINS CREED, GRID, DBZ Burstlimit and Ninja Gaiden SIGMA.
Anyway, I saw on a famous store here a "money" card, a code you put on your PS3 and you get money on the PSN, instead of giving your credit card.
Anylong, I don't want to send my credit card on PSN, so I concidered to buy it, But... It's on Yens (Japanease money). Is there a region lock on these cards? or I can use them freely on Europian Console and PSN ID?
Kinda urgent. Thanks in advance.
Btw, my ID is Dan_Han and I have these following online games:
MGO
CoD4
BATTLEFIELD - BAD COMPANY
GTA IV
RESISTANCE
etc etc, probably the best games on PS3.
Contact through PM if interested in online matches
smile.gif

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I belive it is "region locked".

You can try Entropay (entropay.com), but you would give your credit card number to them.:-p

It's like a virtual visa credit card. I use it 'cause PSN don't accept credit card from regions outside PSN region options and with entropay I can create a USA credit card as I sign USA PSN.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Believe? I need 100% sure, I'll be out of here in like 4 days, I wanna buy all the things I need to before I'm back.
Hm, does PSN work with PayPal? I trust them the most.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Prepaid cards are region specific.
It's more about country than currency.

Your console region doesn't matter, it's your account region that matters when registering prepaid cards on PSN.

If you create Japanese PSN account, prepaid cards from Japan will work. But the contents will be, of course, in Japanese unless the game comes in multi-language.
(Some games have that feature built-in, so it reads your console region and displays appropriate language for the console regardless of the game's region)

If you don't want to make a Japanese account and get Japanese material, you can try Hong Kong account. It's basically a fusion of US and Japan PSNs, Sells both English and Japanese contents IIRC.
Hong Kong prepaid cards can be purchased off sites like play-asia.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hm, good idea. I have only PAL and NTSC-U games, non with japanese, for sure. I remember I once tried to do it, but the problem is the saves. How can I backup saves and installed games to the new profile with the japanese profile?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-