The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by fiveighteen, Sep 8, 2015.

1. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    not that I know of, but someone else might know for sure.

2. gb12

gb12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    United States
    My little bros friend updated our firmware from 5.5.1 to 5.5.3. We're pretty much screwed for loading backed up games, correct?

3. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    No. Follow this: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/get-started

Xabring likes this.
  4. DANTE2130

DANTE2130 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    Ukraine
    Hi. I have freeze in Zelda BOTW on splash screen. Haxchi+CBHC. Installed via "brazillian" method on USB HDD. I tried to moving it to NAND - no results. If i download update from eShop - i see screen "Press A to start" and freeze again. Don't understand what going on. Sleep mode on HDD disabled. I try reset console and HDD - no results.

Last edited by DANTE2130, Oct 10, 2018
  5. Kaseryn

Kaseryn Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi. New member here. Just got my WiiU today and have installed CBHC however with the apparent demise of Wii USB Helper it seems a bit of a minefield to source and install games. I understand that program gave you the files you needed in the correct format to transfer but with the popularity of Cemu there seem to be a bunch of versions. Are there any guides handy to get a handle on all this?

For instance i'm grabbing a wud version now. Is that any good to me? This is the filelit..

sxs-zbow.key
    0.02 kB
    sxs-zbow.nfo
    3.47 kB
    sxs-zbow.wud
    23.31 GB

Last edited by Kaseryn, Oct 11, 2018
  6. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    You can extract WUDs. I don't remember with which tool tbh. Dunno if "CDecrypt" was capable of that.

7. DANTE2130

DANTE2130 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    Ukraine
    Guys, what about SDXC SD cards? They supported? I ask because when i install games via this SDXC card - game not working. With SDHC everything is fine. Maybe it possible to fix?

8. FunThomas

FunThomas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    Gambia, The
    sdxc are normally formatted with exfat and maybe this is not supported, so try to check if the card has the right filesystem and maybe reformat

9. DANTE2130

DANTE2130 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    Ukraine
    I format card with guiformat utility. Tried 32Kb and 64 Kb cluster size - nothing is changed. Games which installed via WUP Installer with this card not loading or freezed in unexpected time.

10. Kaseryn

Kaseryn Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    United Kingdom

Thanks.. I did see then that those images can be extracted but with the easy download of proper filesets now gone it seems a pita to get games in their proper format. A lot of it seems extracted for use with Cemu. Are there no alternatives now wii usb helper has gone? Even privtae torrents dont seem to have much (prob cos it was so easy with usb helper)?

11. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Extracted games (for Cemu/Loadiine) can be repacked with NUS Packer.

12. Kaseryn

Kaseryn Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    United Kingdom

Thanks, i did see that but it looked a bit over my head. I've since sourced proper packages now anyway.