The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by fiveighteen, Sep 8, 2015.

1. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    As long as it has a (micro)SD card slot, yeah. It's just a bit of a pain in the ass, depending on what kind of phone you have

2. Cheesemassacre

Cheesemassacre Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2018
    Croatia
    I will buy a SD card reader next week. I saw that android put some folders on sd card. Can it "hurt" Wii U in some way?

3. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Nope, worst thing that could happen is the folder structure isn't correct, in which case the app wouldn't find the data it needs and act like it isn't there

4. Cheesemassacre

Cheesemassacre Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2018
    Croatia
    Ok, thanks for help.

5. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    only if it you're able to format the card to FAT32

6. Tosnic

Tosnic Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2012
    Gambia, The
    I hope this is the correct thread for my issue:

what I did: I followed this Guide here on GBAtemp to install HaxChi and CBHC on my 5.3 WiiU. Installed some games on HDD, most of which work flawlessly.

the problem
    : Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda BotW do not work. While Zelda launches, it tells me on one of the first screens that I need an update and won't let me past.
    Even worse is Xenoblade Chronicles X. This game tells me (in the WiiU system menu) that I need to update before launching it. Unlike all other games that check for updates, Xenoblade does not give me the option to launch the game anyway. This happens from HDD and disc; this had not happened before I installed HaxChi. I was on 5.2 back then.

side note: about half of my games check for updates in the WiiU system menu when launched. I found no way to disable that check. All games except the 2 mentioned above can be started after the check.

Last edited by Tosnic, Jan 15, 2019
  7. socialbacon

socialbacon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Canada
    Heya,

I'm currently running coldboot HaxChi on 5.5.1, servers blocked using DNS. What proper steps do I need to take to safely update to 5.5.3? Will all of my HDD games installed using the WUP Installer Method still work?

I'm doing some rearranging and the WiiU is being packed up for a bit. I'd hate to pull it out of the box, forget what's been done to it, and f*** it up somehow. I'd like it to be on the latest firmware before storing it.

T.I.A.!

8. Xellos2099

Xellos2099 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2006
    United States
    Question, my friend bring me his wiiu to be hack and it is on 5.5.1. I know wiiu got updated to 5.5.4 last month. Would the guide over at https://wiiu.hacks.guide/ still work if i want to buy the brain age game for the hack?to be more precise, can i access eshop with 5.5.1 for the ds game purchase

9. FoxMcloud5655

FoxMcloud5655 GBATemp Developer

Nov 16, 2015
    United States
    Cornaria
    I'm pretty sure that you must be updated to the latest version in order to go online at all. It's worth a shot to go and see if it's possible without having to update. If you can't access it, remember that there are still temporary ways of hacking the WiiU. You can also use those to help you delete updates if you accidentally triggered the download!

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    just use nnu patcher.

lordelan likes this.
  11. Xellos2099

Xellos2099 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2006
    United States
    I guerss a better question... will the current hack work on 5.5.4

12. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Haxchi works. You might have to reinstall it again via Browserhax after FW update.
    However, there's no need to go higher than 5.5.1 as every game is working there and you can still play anything online (Mario Maker) at 5.5.1 if you block updates.

FoxMcloud5655 likes this.
  13. Xellos2099

Xellos2099 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2006
    United States
    well my friend don't care about online, he just want to play backup and meme stuff. But to use the hack, i need to connect to the eshop at least once to buy the brain age right. In my case, i probably should:
    “Run Homebrew Launcher” for the first exploit attempt
    and then do this right away to get the ds game?
    Blocking System Updates
    Note that, to access the eShop with these DNS addresses set, you must first run NNU-Patcher through the Homebrew Launcher. Additionally note that NNU-Patcher is a temporary patch and will need to be ran again if you need to access the eShop after a reboot.

Note that, unless you block updates with this method on all current and future connections, updates on the Wii U are performed automatically and cannot be disabled.

Go to the “System Settings”, then “Internet”, then “Connect to the Internet” then press (X) to display your current network connections
    For each of your connections (and all future connections), do the following
    Select the connection
    Select “Change Settings”
    Move to the second list and choose “DNS”
    Set the DNS to “Don’t Auto-Obtain”
    Set the DNS server IPs to the following servers
    Select “Confirm”, then press (B) to save
    These servers will block your device from being updated

Last edited by Xellos2099, Jul 17, 2019