Random file appeared on my sd and i cant delete it

funyguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, theres this file that appeared in my sd card called "usbcçh_." for no apparent reason, and now if i try to delete it, or the folder that its in, my computer just says "The filename you've specified is either invalid or too long. Specify a different filename." and when i try to open it my computer says "The specified path does not exist. Check the path, then try again." I really have no idea what to do, so if anyone has any suggestions, or knows about anything about this, any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7.2 KB · Views: 21

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In some circumstances you can use winrar too. If you add it to a winrar archive and use the file deletion option to delete the file after archiving, it might delete it too. It has done for me in the past with files that refuse to delete. Winrar is able to deal with files with long names, hidden and/or unicode characters in their filenames better than windows does. You can also try renaming the file in winrar to something with a known file extension like .txt and see if you can delete that.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

sno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
interesting. i like the winrar idea. if that fails, maybe boot into linux and remove it that way? or just copy any important files to a folder in your Downloads or Documents folder and reformat the SD card (and not your hard drive) probably the quickest solution you can do without downloading anything extra. So you right click the SD card, it won't be C: drive. It will be some other letter. usually with a SD card icon, and select format, file system set to fat32 and everything else leave as is with quick format enabled and hit OK or whatever. also just thinking out loud the 1.4gb size reminds me of a gc rom I could be wrong. If you're missing a file it probably got corrupted.

Last edited by sno,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...