Homebrew WiiSX beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is a Video Of Me Crashing the Emulator with Marvel Vs Capcom after about 3 rounds of solid framerates and gameplay...

For a Beta THIS EMULATOR IS AWESOME! especially when you consider the fact the team was deving Wii64 at the same time
ohmy.gif
not to shabby IMO
smile.gif
Gr8 job guys anyone posted a unofficial build with Usb Support?

EDIT: nm USB VERSION:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nd1twj4jgy4

thanks in advanced ill browse through the previos 30 some pages for links after this post just wanted to share this video and crash data
smile.gif

Satan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wiisx mod 3 by Jacobeian has been removed from mediafire... Could someone please reupload it?

Thank you
wink.gif

poptdp

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
u are TOO awesome... does this support wiimote+nunchuk?

i think they are the best controls and the reason y i have a wii and not xbox/ps3 (plus other reasons)

there is enough buttons with the nunchuk combo, if u make all the L and R triggers the D-Pad of the wiimote

thanks a lot

Satan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Useful thread, don't want it to die =)

(still playing castlevania SOTN with this great emulator
tongue.gif
)

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the darn hell are you all getting SOTN to play with this emulator (regardless of weather it can take wiimote/classic controller/nunchuck support, or not)?

For the life of me I keep trying, both ways (dyn, & interpt) & Analog or standard and no combination works with the copy of SOTN (yes it's .BIN & .CUE files), Why?

Satan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SCPH1001.bin for the bios, using DIGITAL setup (why using analog for this game? no kidding?!?), dynarec. Game region NTSC US. I play with classic controler and the BIN(beside the .cue) is on my SD Card.

Working fine, 60 fps on 95% of the whole map, some framerate drop to 50 at certain place but nothing really serious. Music & sound are alittle messy, but it is enjoyable. Big slowdown while saving, but why bother? We can't move anyway
tongue.gif

Some crash while playing, totaly random, it can happen after 5 minutes or nothing after 3 hours of gameplay.

volkant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great emulator, thanks for the effort. It feels great to be able to play SF alpha 3 and Darkstalkers 3 on Wii (Both work great btw)
smile.gif

Maybe it has been reported and I missed, but I'd like to say both L and R joysticks of Classic Controller PRO are not working with current mod 3. Only D-pad works. I would be awesome if it was fixed next patch. Thanks again
smile.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
If it's not working with a specific controller, then this is a libogc issue, nothing we can really fix within the emulator code. Last time I tried, L stick was working fine with my classic controller though.

Edit: by quickly looking at the code, there indeed seems to be a problem when using "analogic mode"

in PlugPAD.c

Code:
ÂÂelse if(controllerType==1) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ//adjust values by 128 cause psx values in range 0-255 where 128 is center position
#ifndef HW_RVL
ÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->leftJoyXÂÂ= (u8)(PAD_StickX(0)+127) & 0xFF;ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//analog stick
ÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->leftJoyYÂÂ= (u8)(-PAD_StickY(0)+127) & 0xFF;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->rightJoyX = (u8)(PAD_SubStickX(0)+127) & 0xFF;ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//C-stick (Left JoyStick)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->rightJoyY = (u8)(PAD_SubStickY(0)+127) & 0xFF;
#else
ÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->leftJoyXÂÂ= ((u8)(PAD_StickX(0)+127) + (u8)(WPAD_Stick(0,0,0)+127)) & 0xFF;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->leftJoyYÂÂ= ((u8)(-PAD_StickY(0)+127) + (u8)(-WPAD_Stick(0,0,1)+127)) & 0xFF;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->rightJoyX = ((u8)(PAD_SubStickX(0)+127) + (u8)(WPAD_Stick(0,1,0)+127)) & 0xFF;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->rightJoyY = ((u8)(PAD_SubStickY(0)+127) + (u8)(WPAD_Stick(0,1,1)+127)) & 0xFF;
#endif
ÂÂÂÂpad->controllerType = PSE_PAD_TYPE_ANALOGPAD; ÂÂÂÂ// Analog PadÂÂ(Right JoyStick)
ÂÂ}

should be
Code:
ÂÂelse if(controllerType==1) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ//adjust values by 128 cause psx values in range 0-255 where 128 is center position
#ifndef HW_RVL
ÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->leftJoyXÂÂ= (u8)(PAD_StickX(0)+127) & 0xFF;ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//analog stick
ÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->rightJoyX = (u8)(PAD_SubStickX(0)+127) & 0xFF;ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//C-stick (Left JoyStick)
#else
ÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->leftJoyXÂÂ= (((u8)(PAD_StickX(0)+127) + (u8)(WPAD_Stick(0,0,0)+127)) >>1) & 0xFF;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->leftJoyYÂÂ= (((u8)(-PAD_StickY(0)+127) + (u8)(-WPAD_Stick(0,0,1)+127)) >>1)ÂÂ& 0xFF;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->rightJoyX = (((u8)(PAD_SubStickX(0)+127) + (u8)(WPAD_Stick(0,1,0)+127)) >>1)ÂÂ& 0xFF;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->rightJoyY =(((u8)(PAD_SubStickY(0)+127) + (u8)(WPAD_Stick(0,1,1)+127)) >> 1)ÂÂ& 0xFF;
#endif
ÂÂÂÂpad->controllerType = PSE_PAD_TYPE_ANALOGPAD; ÂÂÂÂ// Analog PadÂÂ(Right JoyStick)
ÂÂ}

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
in fact, this is still not entirely correct, must find a prpoer way to distinguish between gamecube pad analog sticks and classic controller ones while keeping support for both in Wii mode.

Something like this might be better (you need to do the same for player 2 as well)

Code:
 else if(controllerType==1) {

#ifdef HW_RVL 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂs8 analog = WPAD_Stick(0,0,0); // Classic Controller (port #0) left analog X
ÂÂÂÂÂÂif (analog != 0)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->leftJoyXÂÂ= (u8)(analog+127) & 0xFF;

ÂÂÂÂÂÂanalog = WPAD_Stick(0,0,1); // Classic Controller (port #0) left analog Y
ÂÂÂÂÂÂif (analog != 0) 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->leftJoyYÂÂ= (u8)(-analog+127) & 0xFF;

ÂÂÂÂÂÂanalog = WPAD_Stick(0,1,0);ÂÂ// Classic Controller (port #0) right analog X
ÂÂÂÂÂÂif (analog != 0)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ pad->rightJoyX = (u8)(analog+127) & 0xFF;

ÂÂÂÂÂÂanalog = WPAD_Stick(0,1,1);ÂÂ// Classic Controller (port #0) right analog Y
ÂÂÂÂÂÂif (analog != 0)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂpad->rightJoyY = (u8)(analog+127) & 0xFF;
#endif
ÂÂÂÂpad->controllerType = PSE_PAD_TYPE_ANALOGPAD;ÂÂÂÂ // Analog PadÂÂ(Right JoyStick)
ÂÂ}

volkant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, tried both of your suggestions, sticks are still dead. Classic controller works ok, I find it strange CC pro is different; but on the other hand I have vey little idea how these stuff works.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
volkant said:
Nah, tried both of your suggestions, sticks are still dead. Classic controller works ok, I find it strange CC pro is different; but on the other hand I have vey little idea how these stuff works.

if only CC pro does not work then it's a problem in libogc which does not support that specific one properly

i think there are some fixes for "3rd party" controllers hanging around, you could try them to patch & recompile libogc then recompile wiisx and see if they works. I don't have a Pro Controller to test myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: