Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, The toshiba stack only takes over 1 USB port. So even after uninstalling the MS stack and installing the Toshiba one, if I plug in my Bluetooth Dongle into a different USB port the Microsoft stack will re-initialize and take control of the device. Pretty handy. I can't say it will be like that for everyone but it is for me on Windows 7 64-bit using a Gigabyte Motherboard.
Well I don't know exactly how the Bluetooth in my comp works. I don't have a dongle, but I have built in Bluetooth. So I have nothing that would re-initialize the MS stack. I really want to try this (I just got Megaman X5 & X6 on my PC and I want to use the Pro Controller) I just don't want to screw up my laptops Bluetooth drivers or anything.

Edit: I am also on Windows 8 64bit if that makes a difference.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... I don't have a dongle, but I have built in Bluetooth. So I have nothing that would re-initialize the MS stack....

I see. You could uninstall the toshiba stack and then reinstall the windows one (I think it's broadcom), you should be able to find the proper installer from your laptop's manufacturer's website.

I also just found something called WiiPair. There is one for the TR version of wiimotes which is supposedly the ones that have the issue with pairing to the Windows bluetooth stack but their is WiiPair_TR which claims to pair your wiimote to the windows stack "permanently" as in pressing a button will connect it, so you don't have to pair it each time manually, but I assume you can use the sync button to pair it back to a console.
Anyway, I mention this because it might be a solution, however since it automatically searches for the wiimotes it probably doesn't work with the Pro controller since it has a different PID than the WiimotePlus, but it could potentially work if the author was given the PID of the Pro Controller or releases the source code.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you mean in vJoy or WiinUPro? Because if it's not registering in Windows' game controller properties (window for testing game controllers with the red buttons) then you need to run the game controller calibration and that should fix it.
No, in the setup video once you contected the Wii u Pro Controller it automatically recognised the vjoy setup and mapped the buttons and analogue sticks, when I opened the program it masked the buttons correctly but the analogue stocks were masked to W,A,S,D and UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT

zKetta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My vJoy installation doesn't show any vJoy controllers under the HID menu in Devices & Printers, only the Pro Controller.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem im having might be because of Vjoy working on windows 8.
When its on Windows 8 Vjoy config doesn't update controller layout in the game controller settings in the control panel.
However when I applied the same process on windows 7 (not my computer), it worked flawlessly.

maBucket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem im having might be because of Vjoy working on windows 8.
When its on Windows 8 Vjoy config doesn't update controller layout in the game controller settings in the control panel.
However when I applied the same process on windows 7 (not my computer), it worked flawlessly.

I have vJoy and WiinUPro working perfectly on Windows 8.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... analogue stocks were masked to W,A,S,D and UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT
I see, so basically it's not seeing that you have the X, Y, RX, and RY axes setup. It uses a simple axis exist check to make sure they are their before mapping them, maybe something is interrupting the results. Do you have PPJoy installed?

EDIT: I also meant to mention that I will be adding manual joystick axis assignments.

My vJoy installation doesn't show any vJoy controllers under the HID menu in Devices & Printers, only the Pro Controller.

After configuring vJoy?

zKetta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, after configuration. I did this process once before about 1 week ago, but eventually uninstalled the driver and started again yesterday when I got some compatible dongles. I'm not sure if I might have simply disabled the virtual device or what.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, after configuration. I did this process once before about 1 week ago, but eventually uninstalled the driver and started again yesterday when I got some compatible dongles. I'm not sure if I might have simply disabled the virtual device or what.

Does it still work okay or do the analogs not work since you are not able to to the calibration in Windows?
Perhaps check the Device Manager to see if vJoy is working properly.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
:(

I got really excited when I saw this thread, I thought I could finally get my Pro Controller working on Windows....but it needs the Toshiba stack. I've spent DAYS trying to get the Toshiba bluetooth stack to work in the past. It just doesn't want to work with the built-in bluetooth on my Mac, running in Windows.

I don't understand why this is so complicated. It connects fine and works with OpenEmu under Mac OS X fine. Why is it so complicated on Windows to get this to work?

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much. I really appreciate the work you are doing for this:)

Found some time, You might have some success with Bluetooth Stack Switcher hopefully anyway.
I also tried just disabling the bluetooth drivers in the device manager in my virtual machine but the MS stack didn't pick it up.

... Why is it so complicated on Windows to get this to work?

Because it hates us..
I'm going to be looking into connecting it to the default windows stack and if it works I'll be overjoyed. No promises though.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, after some more searching, I actually got the Toshiba stack installed, and I got the program running with my Wii U Pro Controller!

...But vJoy failed to install, so I can't do very much. I'll keep trying to get it to work though... I'm excited though!

Also, when I try to map an analog stick to move the mouse up or down, it always has up and down reversed, no matter what I choose. Left and right work fine, but tilting the stick up or down moves the mouse in the opposite direction.

Reactions: KeyPuncher

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll check that out if you end up not being able to connect it to the windows stack.

I just ordered a USB xbox360 controller from amazon, so I'll have that to play with too soon xD

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.... when I try to map an analog stick to move the mouse up or down, it always has up and down reversed..

Glad you got it working. Right, I've fixed that in the version I'm working on. There are some more tweaks I want to add before posting it and hopefully I'll get some time to work on it tonight or at least tomorrow morning.

Will PPJoy install? Because I'm looking to use that instead but I want to get the program further along before I make the switch incase PPJoy ends up not being a good solution for some.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have PPJoy installed already. I used it a couple months ago with regular Wii remote. I still can't get Vjoy to install, it just gives me an error that says it failed to install. Then the configuration program is actually installed, but WiinUPro doesn't recognize it and only gives me the "No Joy" option.

I hope I can get this to work, I'm excited to play some Wind Waker in Dolphin and hopefully I can get BioShock Infinite working too!

Thanks for the work you've put into this!

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just put up the 4th update.

Fixed the inverted mouse and some other stuff, as usual, all changes are in the ReadMe.

Thanks for all your support!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9