Wii U Pro Controller on PC

Chuardo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I've tried WiinUSoft and WiinUPro in the past and they worked alright, I had to unpair and repair my Wii U Pro Controller every time I unsynched the Controller but it worked for me years ago. Nowadays I can't get the XInput emulation to work, I sync my Wii U Pro Controller, it seems to register inputs just fine on WiinUPro and WiinUSoft, but on WiinUPro when I "add XInput Devices" on the lower right side of the program it just adds "Generic Joystick" on the list of connected devices and it doesn't properly emulate an XInput Device, pressing buttons on the Wii U Pro Controller doesn't do anything like it used to, and when I added XInput Devices they didn't appear as "Generic Joystick" on the list.
Is there anything I can do? Install/Uninstall/Change some settings/something? I haven't found anything online. It seems like WiinUPro/WiinUSoft reads my Wii U Pro Controller inputs just fine but it doesn't properly emulate an XInput device with it and I don't know why.

I have installed "Configure Service" on SCPDriver, I saw on a guide that you need just that, replacing the Bluetooth Driver with the one from SCPDriver makes my Bluetooth dongle straight up not work at all.

On the image that I uploaded, I don't even have any controller device installed, it just that emulated XInput Devices appear as a different controller and don't emulate my Wii U Pro Controller Inputs into XInputs at all, that didn't happen before

Attachments

• wiinupro.PNG
    wiinupro.PNG
    46.9 KB · Views: 202
  • wiinupro2.PNG
    wiinupro2.PNG
    47.5 KB · Views: 212
Last edited by Chuardo,

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Strange hard thing!! I use wiiUnsoft and stopped using wiiuNpro because everything was good..But i didn't try to "add an Xinput device".
It works with bluetooth driver from windows 10.
Maybe delete all settings and try again (delete paired devices in windows bluetooth settings too)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you still have to use the toshiba stack with this? I had major problems getting the pro controller to work with the toshiba stack, plus it messed up my bluetooth devices. as a result, I bought a mayflash adapter. it has xinput as a switch on the side. one of the two inputs caused hot keys not to work in snes9x iirc, but I think xinput works with them, so I left it on that. controller works perfectly with everything I've tried including oot for pc. I can't get the n64, switch controller to work with oot on pc though, so I just use the pro controller.

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
The pro controller is a really good one! I love it to play on pc.
I used toshina stack on windows 7, but since windows 10 I have the windows driver and it works perfectly with wiinUsoft.
I had a mayflash too, but it wasn't stable, some pc games didn't recognize it and others have bad input buttons (star instead of zL or things like that) I stopped use it when I saw it was good with wiinUsoft for every pc games. with mayflash controller Xinput should work with only one paired controller.
I didn't try with emulators, but mayflash shows a classic controller device to the system while wiinU shows a "real" emulated xbox360 contrller which is better for software windows compatibility (like the emulators)

Chuardo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Strange hard thing!! I use wiiUnsoft and stopped using wiiuNpro because everything was good..But i didn't try to "add an Xinput device".
It works with bluetooth driver from windows 10.
Maybe delete all settings and try again (delete paired devices in windows bluetooth settings too)
I have deleted prior instances of paired Wii U Pro Controller, if I don't do that it won't connect. Maybe I'll try again later with WiinUSoft, I remember it didn't show on every single game, I'm not sure why
do you still have to use the toshiba stack with this? I had major problems getting the pro controller to work with the toshiba stack, plus it messed up my bluetooth devices. as a result, I bought a mayflash adapter. it has xinput as a switch on the side. one of the two inputs caused hot keys not to work in snes9x iirc, but I think xinput works with them, so I left it on that. controller works perfectly with everything I've tried including oot for pc. I can't get the n64, switch controller to work with oot on pc though, so I just use the pro controller.
I haven't used the Toshiba stack for years, I also reinstalled Windows 10 less than a year ago and never installed it after that. Maybe this Controller will only easily work with an adapter, like
You'll have it easier getting a 8bitdo brick adapter. It's cheap and works like a charm.
Says

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have deleted prior instances of paired Wii U Pro Controller, if I don't do that it won't connect. Maybe I'll try again later with WiinUSoft, I remember it didn't show on every single game, I'm not sure why

I haven't used the Toshiba stack for years, I also reinstalled Windows 10 less than a year ago and never installed it after that. Maybe this Controller will only easily work with an adapter, like

Says
It's finicky, because some people have no problems while others have major problems getting the controller to work without an adapter.

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was this ever resolved? I was also having a similar issue; I had been able to connect the Wii U Pro controller via WiinUSoft initially, but then I got a "Failed to pair" error the next time I tried. The controller was also showing as "Paired" in Windows Bluetooth Settings, but I couldn't get it to actually connect because it was asking for a PIN.

I solved this by doing the following:

1 Used this solution to get the controller connected via Windows BT manager
2 Un-installed and re-installed WiinUSoft, being sure to choose the "Install Everything" option (so it installs Scarlet Crush and XBox 360 drivers)
3 Ran WiinUSoft; the controller was already connected (i.e. I didn't have to sync it from there)
4 Clicked "Attatch (sic) as XInput Device". WiinUSoft then looked like this:

1659059709155.png

And success! The controller is now being seen by Antimicro (the software I use to configure controllers).

Let's just hope this setup remains as it is! It seems to be very unstable.

Last edited by Willicious,

Chuardo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Was this ever resolved? I was also having a similar issue; I had been able to connect the Wii U Pro controller via WiinUSoft initially, but then I got a "Failed to pair" error the next time I tried. The controller was also showing as "Paired" in Windows Bluetooth Settings, but I couldn't get it to actually connect because it was asking for a PIN.

I solved this by doing the following:

1 Used this solution to get the controller connected via Windows BT manager
2 Un-installed and re-installed WiinUSoft, being sure to choose the "Install Everything" option (so it installs Scarlet Crush and XBox 360 drivers)
3 Ran WiinUSoft; the controller was already connected (i.e. I didn't have to sync it from there)
4 Clicked "Attatch (sic) as XInput Device". WiinUSoft then looked like this:

View attachment 320064

And success! The controller is now being seen by Antimicro (the software I use to configure controllers).

Let's just hope this setup remains as it is! It seems to be very unstable.
I think I got it to work following this video but I need to repair it every time it disconnects. I would love it if there was a faster, easier, more reliable option, I haven't used it for months but I remember it worked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol