How do you find the Wiimote (aka Wii Remote) as a Gaming Controller?

anjanimal

33°C 🫠
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
As a new user of Nintendo Wii, wiimote seems very awkward at first. I use my Wii for exergaming, and usually I hold 2 wiimotes. I got pretty decent cardio workouts everyday. :yaywii:

ragnarok_approaches123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Personally it depends on the game and how it utilizes the controller.
Some games like Pikmin and FPS games played better with it. I haven't played it myself but Red Steel II was apparently great because it used the Wii remote so well. It should have been supported by the Switch.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's functional and (for better or worse) kind of unique. Like others have said, it really depends on the game. Wiimote on it's own; fine for motion control stuff (if you like/can bare motion control stuff), but pretty awkward used as a traditional 'vertical' controller. Wiimote + Nunchuck; usually fine, but massively depends on it's implementation. Wiimote as a lightgun; pretty much requires a 'gun' grip to not be uncomfortable. Wiimote + Classic Controller; If I can't use a GC controller then this is my default... but it will never not feel weird having the Wiimote tethered to the controller I'm using.

Not Nintendo's worst controller is probably how I'd sum it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill