Homebrew Emulator Wii64 Beta 1.3 with WiiFlow compatibility

gZa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have been playing (the rom hacks) Goldfinger64 and GoldenEye X using the wii64.dol, they're a bit glitchy but perfectly playable.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
you should add pal star wars shadows of the empire to the ricevideolinux.ini you can add it to the bottom

{8166484d45927dab-50}
Name=Shadow of the Empire
DisableObjBG=1
ScreenUpdateSetting=4

also add this to vigilant 8 it will allow you to atleast read the text of the menus even tough the menus are messed up and stop screen flashes
ScreenUpdateSetting=4
FullTMEM=2
@pedro702

Are these settings worth trying?

Tried Vigilante 8 with these settings and the text problems got worse.
On Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire these settings didn't help, the screen flashes still continue and these make too hard to see the menus, making it unplayable.
These another settings you told me for StarCraft 64 still has some GFX issues and makes it difficult to play.

NormalAlphaBlender=2
RenderToTexture=2

Can you send me a video of these settings working on Wii/vWii on these specific games?

PD: Only tested on Dolphin Emulator since i don't own a Wii :P

EDIT: Could you send me your RiceVideoLinux.ini file you're using with your custom settings you use for some N64 games? Thanks a lot :)
EDIT 2: Checked other games that didn't edited on my Wii64 and looks like my .ini file got corrupted by any reason. (Games that i didn't edit their settings got GFX glitches such Beetle Adventure Racing)
So i will need you to send your ini file for Rice.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@pedro702

Are these settings worth trying?

Tried Vigilante 8 with these settings and the text problems got worse.
On Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire these settings didn't help, the screen flashes still continue and these make too hard to see the menus, making it unplayable.
These another settings you told me for StarCraft 64 still has some GFX issues and makes it difficult to play.

NormalAlphaBlender=2
RenderToTexture=2

Can you send me a video of these settings working on Wii/vWii on these specific games?

PD: Only tested on Dolphin Emulator since i don't own a Wii :P

EDIT: Could you send me your RiceVideoLinux.ini file you're using with your custom settings you use for some N64 games? Thanks a lot :)
EDIT 2: Checked other games that didn't edited on my Wii64 and looks like my .ini file got corrupted by any reason. (Games that i didn't edit their settings got GFX glitches such Beetle Adventure Racing)
So i will need you to send your ini file for Rice.
i probably changed stuff on my ini to try and make games work better without much sucess but i dont recall what i chnaged lol try it for yourself.

Also you make wii stuff and you dont have a wii or wiiu? i mean why? lol makes no sence if you have a dolphin capable pc then you should use pc emulators much better than emulator inside an emulator lol.

Attachments

• RiceVideoLinux.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: niuus and SaulFabre

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre I've got Shadows of the Empire working great on your 1.3 using FIX94's RiceVideoLinux.ini

What pedro is adding is the Shadows of the Empire (PAL VERSION) settings. FIX94's unmodified RiceVideoLinux.ini from 1.2 already has good settings for Shadows of the Empire (USA/NTSC VERSION). Almost no menu flickering, and aside from some messy vertices right at the beginning of the first mission, most everything looks good on my USA/NTSC Wii. I don't know if this performance is inconsistent in Dolphin, but this configuration works on real hardware.

See also: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-gre...l-for-adventurers.563575/page-53#post-9790823

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre I've got Shadows of the Empire working great on your 1.3 using FIX94's RiceVideoLinux.ini

What pedro is adding is the Shadows of the Empire (PAL VERSION) settings. FIX94's unmodified RiceVideoLinux.ini from 1.2 already has good settings for Shadows of the Empire (USA/NTSC VERSION). Almost no menu flickering, and aside from some messy vertices right at the beginning of the first mission, most everything looks good on my USA/NTSC Wii. I don't know if this performance is inconsistent in Dolphin, but this configuration works on real hardware.

See also: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-gre...l-for-adventurers.563575/page-53#post-9790823
@Exidous
I understand.

I tested all revisions of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire NTSC and the only one which used these settings were in the NTSC Rev 2 (revision 2).
Tested also PAL ROM and also worked.

@pedro702

Is these issues i will show still occur even when using the settings you told me?

Vigilante 8 (NTSC-U)

v8_bug.PNG

StarCraft 64 (NTSC-U)

sc64_bug.PNG

Thanks for your help ;)

PD to all users: I will release Beta5 in a few hours, i'm compiling it with same devkitPPC i've used for Beta4 but with updated libOGC2 from @Extrems and @emu_kidid as of April 9, 2022.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@Exidous
I understand.

I tested all revisions of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire NTSC and the only one which used these settings were in the NTSC Rev 2 (revision 2).
Tested also PAL ROM and also worked.

@pedro702

Is these issues i will show still occur even when using the settings you told me?

Vigilante 8 (NTSC-U)

View attachment 307004

StarCraft 64 (NTSC-U)

View attachment 307005

Thanks for your help ;)

PD to all users: I will release Beta5 in a few hours, i'm compiling it with same devkitPPC i've used for Beta4 but with updated libOGC2 from @Extrems and @emu_kidid as of April 9, 2022.
yeah vigilant 8 menu will be like that the only diference is adding tmen=2 means you can actualy read the options on the menu instead of being gibberish and also adding ScreenUpdateSetting=4 will stop the game from flashing while ingame still some gfx issues like explosions with some black squares around them and the ingame text is gibberish too.

For starcraft its easy lol i never added the usa fx only pal one exists if you open the ini and search starcraft you see only the pal one has settings pal ends in -50 usa ends in -45 so you need to add this to the ini to fix usa one too still will have some minor gfx issues but very minor ones imo

{fbfb8406a5a83e5d-45}
Name=STARCRAFT 64
NormalAlphaBlender=2
UseCIWidthAndRatio=1
RenderToTexture=3

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I can't remember if this installs to the libogc folder or the libogc2 folder with make install?
Nope.

In this link you have the prebuilt libOGC2 from @Extrems, just download the build artifact from the latest build action, then extract its contents on C:/devkitPro/libogc2

Reactions: godreborn

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
btw does star wars shadows of the empire ntsc still flashes ingame for you? i noticed the ini only has fixes for ntsc 1.2 and pal version so im guessing i would need to track down 1.0 or 1.1 if they exits on ntsc.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
btw does star wars shadows of the empire ntsc still flashes ingame for you? i noticed the ini only has fixes for ntsc 1.2 and pal version so im guessing i would need to track down 1.0 or 1.1 if they exits on ntsc.
@pedro702

When using with your settings ini file it stops flashes when in game but it has those gfx issues during all the level all the time

1650560797521.png

I will try original @FIX94's ini if this occurs

EDIT:

Using @FIX94's ini file for Rice it has some gfx glitches at the start of level but when you keep moving these disappear and it displays correctly the level gfx

1650561025719.png

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i just tested and those erros go away as soon as you turn left or right or fly abit further tested it just now so it works exactly like fix94 ini for me, all i did was adding the screenupdatesetting =4 to stop the screen flashes, you can see it being appiled when your menu stops flashing and on the onfoot levels there is no flashing.

also add this to your ini

{5c7e4d2622468718-45}
DisableObjBG=1
ScreenUpdateSetting=4

{91b0474160102563-45}
DisableObjBG=1
ScreenUpdateSetting=4

this cover shadows of the empire 1.0 and 1.1 usa instead of just the 1.2 like i said you arent using 1.2 so the ini settings arent being applied

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
A new version of Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD is now out.

Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD Beta5 (2022-04-21)
  • A re-release of Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD which adds some fixes from updated libOGC2 on April 9, 2022, all of these made by user @Extrems:
    - Enable opening TPLs from a file handle
    - Fix GX_AdjustForOverscan
    - Add GX_GetTlutObjAll
    - Fix FIFO wrapping detection
    - Add GX_GetTexObjLODAll
  • This new Beta5 was compiled using:
    - devkitPro 3.0.3
    - devkitPPC r39
    - libOGC 2.3.1-1
    - Custom libfat by @Extrems (included in libOGC2) - https://github.com/extremscorner/libfat
    - Updated prebuilt custom libOGC2 by @emu_kidid & @Extrems (last updated April 9, 2022) - https://github.com/emukidid/libogc
  • Update credits of Wii64 WiiFlow MOD for say that you're using Beta5
  • Added credit to @Extrems for developing libOGC2, not just Not64
  • Added graphics plugin detector for say you're using glN64 GFX or Rice GFX
Download in my official GitHub, in the attachments of the first post of this thread or in the mirror link.

@SaulFabre

1650566035190.png

1650565976942.png

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
i probably changed stuff on my ini to try and make games work better without much sucess but i dont recall what i chnaged lol try it for yourself.

Also you make wii stuff and you dont have a wii or wiiu? i mean why? lol makes no sence if you have a dolphin capable pc then you should use pc emulators much better than emulator inside an emulator lol.
Manuallly inserted your fixes to the ini and can confirm they work fine for Shadow of the Empire Rev 0/1 and StarCraft 64, with the latter one adding some tolerable graphic bugs on the menus only. Kinda wish Killer Instinct Gold had usable menus with these hotfixes.

• Love

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Manuallly inserted your fixes to the ini and can confirm they work fine for Shadow of the Empire Rev 0/1 and StarCraft 64, with the latter one adding some tolerable graphic bugs on the menus only. Kinda wish Killer Instinct Gold had usable menus with these hotfixes.
sadly i doesnt help, im guessing KI has some prespective issues, like the menu is there but its hidden under the background.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...