Ecuador
Last edited by SaulFabre,

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@matto21

So i saw that you were testing my Wii64 1.3 plugins on your WiiFlow (thanks for this test! :) ), but could you post your .ini file you use for Wii64? Thanks :)
[PLUGIN]
magic=57493634
coverColor=ffffff
coverFolder=N64
fileTypes=.n64|.v64|.z64|.zip
romDir=wii64/roms
dolFile=wii64.dol
bannerSound=n64.ogg
displayname=Nintendo 64
consoleCoverID=nintendo
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
[PLUGIN]
magic=57493634
coverColor=ffffff
coverFolder=N64
fileTypes=.n64|.v64|.z64|.zip
romDir=wii64/roms
dolFile=wii64.dol
bannerSound=n64.ogg
displayname=Nintendo 64
consoleCoverID=nintendo
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}
@matto21

Thanks for this!! I will test that ini file with my plugin with @RunningSnakes ;)

Reactions: RunningSnakes

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
A new version of Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD is released.

Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD Beta2 (2022-03-19)
Download in the attachments of the first post of this thread or in the mirror link.

@SaulFabre

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i found out something about the sound

there is a file named settings.cfg that gets saved on the main wii64 folder once you choose save settings to sd or usb on the options

and there is an option called LimitVIs = 0/1/2

So the older entry's of wii64 would save this as LimitVIs = 0 and you would get the games being not 100% locked but sounding good for instance with

LimitVIs = 0
super smash bros runs usa at around 68-70 fps(gameplay seems runs fine not speeded up as far as i can tell)
sounds great
same for some other games that instead of running at 60 they run at around 58-62 or pal ones with 48-52

but newer version of wii64 saved the this setting with LimitVIs = 1
and with LimitVIs = 1 or 2

you get a perfect lock on 60.0 fps on smash bros and other games
but sound is crap, it does alot of static pops here and there

so its a matter of wanting good sound or perfectly locked frames, im leaving mine with good sound since the static boops were awful imo.

this LimitVIs setting cannot be changed on the wii64 menu itself only after you save settings to sd or usb then open it on pc with notepad and manually change it to 0 again.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
So i found out something about the sound

there is a file named settings.cfg that gets saved on the main wii64 folder once you choose save settings to sd or usb on the options

and there is an option called LimitVIs = 0/1/2

So the older entry's of wii64 would save this as LimitVIs = 0 and you would get the games being not 100% locked but sounding good for instance with

LimitVIs = 0
super smash bros runs usa at around 68-70 fps(gameplay seems runs fine not speeded up as far as i can tell)
sounds great
same for some other games that instead of running at 60 they run at around 58-62 or pal ones with 48-52

but newer version of wii64 saved the this setting with LimitVIs = 1
and with LimitVIs = 1 or 2

you get a perfect lock on 60.0 fps on smash bros and other games
but sound is crap, it does alot of static pops here and there

so its a matter of wanting good sound or perfectly locked frames, im leaving mine with good sound since the static boops were awful imo.

this LimitVIs setting cannot be changed on the wii64 menu itself only after you save settings to sd or usb then open it on pc with notepad and manually change it to 0 again.
oh, nice.

I could check @FIX94's code of Wii64 that says in his changes:

-added back in sync to audio when VI limit is set to 0

I will check this commit on his GitHub and i will try to add to my Wii64 and compile it on my devkitPPC r39 ;)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
oh, nice.

I could check @FIX94's code of Wii64 that says in his changes:

-added back in sync to audio when VI limit is set to 0

I will check this commit on his GitHub and i will try to add to my Wii64 and compile it on my devkitPPC r39 ;)
the only thing it does is if you dont have a previous config for wii64 when creating one it will creat it at 0, so yeah not much change lol you can do that by hand easily :P

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Reactions: FrenezyFr

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
A new version of Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD is now out.

Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD Beta3 (2022-03-20)
Also i've uploaded a new experimental build of my WiiFlow MOD of Wii64 1.3 (called Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD Beta2.1-TEST) where my mod is now compiled in the same devkitPPC version used for compiling original Wii64 1.3 (devkitPPC r39), thanks to @emu_kidid for giving this info! :)

Download in the attachments of the first post of this thread or in the mirror link.

@SaulFabre

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD Beta3 (2022-03-20)
Also i've uploaded a new experimental build of my WiiFlow MOD of Wii64 1.3 (called Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD Beta2.1-TEST) where my mod is now compiled in the same devkitPPC version used for compiling original Wii64 1.3 (devkitPPC r39), thanks to @emu_kidid for giving this info! :)

@SaulFabre
Everyone please READ THIS about my Wii64 1.3 WF MOD Beta3:

With the normal Wii .dol files for my mod on Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD Beta3 i've had reported issues about with this mod when using the normal Wii dols the games are running too fast.

So, in case you have the same issue, just use the WiiVC dols, which even if these are said that is for use with the Wii U (vWii), these WiiVC dols will also work on original Wii, and these don't have the issue of games running too fast.

I think the audio fix and the return of the setting "Sync to Audio" in LimitVIs made by @FIX94 in his fork is causing the issue with the normal Wii dols but not on the WiiVC ones. Then this issue it's NOT my fault.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and please keep enjoying my WiiFlow MOD of Wii64 1.3! :)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@SaulFabre , is this still kinda unstable? I'm wondering if I should hold off including it in ModMii for now. What do you think?

Also, generally is there any reason to use the Wii dols over the WiiVC dols? If WiiVC dols work for both vWii and Wii, then why is there even a choice?

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre , is this still kinda unstable? I'm wondering if I should hold off including it in ModMii for now. What do you think?

Also, generally is there any reason to use the Wii dols over the WiiVC dols? If WiiVC dols work for both vWii and Wii, then why is there even a choice?
@XFlak

The decision of making four dols for Wii64 (two glN64 dols for Wii and vWii and another two Rice dols for Wii and vWii) was from @emu_kidid (original author of Wii64), since @FIX94's mod of Wii64 (which i've taken the source code for WiiFlow compatibility) only had one dol file per graphics plugin.

So i would recommend to use the WiiVC dols instead for putting my Wii64 in your ModMii, since these also have support for the WiiU GamePad, because there's no native emulator of N64 for Wii U, and users of ModMii also use homebrew on the vWii mode. (Moreover, WiiVC version still works fine on original Wii).

I'm now compiling a Beta4 which i've reverted (again) FIX94's code of audio since it caused speed issues, and also adding my name and the version number on the Credits section, and when this is ready, i will tell everyone in my thread.

Reactions: cheloruiz79

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD Beta4 (2022-03-21)
  • Reverted change (again) from @FIX94 in adding Sync to Audio introduced in Beta3 since it caused speed issues (games going out of max framerate)
  • Now the game speed & audio issues should be fixed when using LimitVIs=0 (thanks @pedro702 for giving this info)
  • Both original Wii and WiiVC dols should be fixed of that game speed issues mentioned.
  • If you want to use the setting LimitVIs=0 (No VI limit for fix some booping audio issues) in the settings.cfg file, please consider using the WiiVC version instead of the normal version in order for avoid game speed issues. (The WiiVC version will still work on regular Wii console :) )
  • This new Beta4 was compiled using:
  • - devkitPro 3.0.3
  • - devkitPPC r39
  • - libOGC 2.3.1-1
  • - Custom libfat by @Extrems (included in libOGC2) - https://github.com/extremscorner/libfat
  • - Prebuilt custom libOGC2 by @emu_kidid & @Extrems - https://github.com/emukidid/libogc
  • Updated & added credits of author of this WiiFlow MOD (saulfabreg) and version in the Credits section
  • This will be the last stable release for a while.

@XFlak, @RunningSnakes, @pedro702, @Zorg1996 please consider reading this full changelog for see also what dol use for each graphics plugin and for use a setting for fix some audio issues but without affecting too much the game speed.

@SaulFabre

1647916209966.png

Reactions: ber71

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Wii64 1.3 WiiFlow MOD Beta4 (2022-03-21)
  • Reverted change (again) from @FIX94 in adding Sync to Audio introduced in Beta3 since it caused speed issues (games going out of max framerate)
  • Now the game speed & audio issues should be fixed when using LimitVIs=0 (thanks @pedro702 for giving this info)
  • Both original Wii and WiiVC dols should be fixed of that game speed issues mentioned.
  • If you want to use the setting LimitVIs=0 (No VI limit for fix some booping audio issues) in the settings.cfg file, please consider using the WiiVC version instead of the normal version in order for avoid game speed issues. (The WiiVC version will still work on regular Wii console :) )
  • This new Beta4 was compiled using:
  • - devkitPro 3.0.3
  • - devkitPPC r39
  • - libOGC 2.3.1-1
  • - Custom libfat by @Extrems (included in libOGC2) - https://github.com/extremscorner/libfat
  • - Prebuilt custom libOGC2 by @emu_kidid & @Extrems - https://github.com/emukidid/libogc
  • Updated & added credits of author of this WiiFlow MOD (saulfabreg) and version in the Credits section
  • This will be the last stable release for a while.

@XFlak, @RunningSnakes, @pedro702, @Zorg1996 please consider reading this full changelog for see also what dol use for each graphics plugin and for use a setting for fix some audio issues but without affecting too much the game speed.

@SaulFabre

View attachment 302749

tried these settings in the settings.cfg file and they all work without audio distortion and normal speed
wii64-glN64
wii64-Rice
LimitVIs = 1

wii64-glN64-wiivc
wii64-Rice-wiivc
LimitVIs = 0

Last edited by matto21,
  • Love

Marcos328

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
hello SaulFabre, I tried your version and compatibility with wiiflow works for me, but I would like to ask you if there will be a correction with the button mapping of the classic pro control?

The problem is that the right stick, for example when playing Super Mario 64 and I want to move the camera away, does not respond when I move the right stick down if it is not on the right crosshead, and that in all games, by the way, the control is original.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
hello SaulFabre, I tried your version and compatibility with wiiflow works for me, but I would like to ask you if there will be a correction with the button mapping of the classic pro control?

The problem is that the right stick, for example when playing Super Mario 64 and I want to move the camera away, does not respond when I move the right stick down if it is not on the right crosshead, and that in all games, by the way, the control is original.
@Marcos328

Since i'm a beginner programmer i can't help with trying to fix the Classic Controller Pro issue. That should be reported in the issue tracker of official Wii64 branch (https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/issues).

When that problem is fixed, i will merge the new code on my WiiFlow MOD.

Greetings ;)

Reactions: Marcos328

Marcos328

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
@Marcos328

Since i'm a beginner programmer i can't help with trying to fix the Classic Controller Pro issue. That should be reported in the issue tracker of official Wii64 branch (https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/issues).

When that problem is fixed, i will merge the new code on my WiiFlow MOD.

Greetings ;)

well, thanks for the answer @SaulFabre, I hope it will be solved over time because I already made the report two years ago since emukidid published its code, I wish you the best @SaulFabre :)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@XFlak

The decision of making four dols for Wii64 (two glN64 dols for Wii and vWii and another two Rice dols for Wii and vWii) was from @emu_kidid (original author of Wii64), since @FIX94's mod of Wii64 (which i've taken the source code for WiiFlow compatibility) only had one dol file per graphics plugin.

So i would recommend to use the WiiVC dols instead for putting my Wii64 in your ModMii, since these also have support for the WiiU GamePad, because there's no native emulator of N64 for Wii U, and users of ModMii also use homebrew on the vWii mode. (Moreover, WiiVC version still works fine on original Wii).

I'm now compiling a Beta4 which i've reverted (again) FIX94's code of audio since it caused speed issues, and also adding my name and the version number on the Credits section, and when this is ready, i will tell everyone in my thread.
So just double checking, you recommend the WiiVC dols be used for both vWii and Wii, and there’s no downside to using it on the Wii? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte