Homebrew Emulator [UNOFFICIAL] SDL MAME Wii 0.6.0 - Newer Wiimote + WiiFlow + 10K games support MOD

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This version of SDL MAME for Wii by Nuvalo (based on MAME 0.125) is supposedly already compatible with WiiFlow, cause i checked its code and i found that:

View attachment 387357

Which IIRC Wiimpathy modified some code on MAME Wii in this part of cli_execute for accept arguments for WiiFlow.

Try using the same arguments Wiimpathy made for MAME Wii and I put for both of my mods of MAME Wii and SDL MAME Wii 0.6.0.

<arguments>
<arg>[sd_or_usb]:/[path]/[to]/[game]</arg>
<arguments>

Example:

<arguments>
<arg>sd:/mame/roms/pacman.zip</arg>
<arguments>

Post automatically merged:

@seam1 @Tototi How do you guys even be able to use this version of SDL MAME? I tried booting it from the Homebrew Channel and it didnt recognize the boot.elf.
Tried even making an entry for be able to boot it but still i have a black screen.
Any clues, or can someone send me their setup for that version of SDL MAME?

uh how? It doesnt even support USB.

Reactions: SaulFabre

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try my Mame 0.6 and add the new .dol.
thats exactly what I did

set the exit key by entering from the mame menu in input (general)/user interface/UI cancel
that too

Well, I guess the problem lies with the roms. I will redownload the required romset and hopefully it will solve the problem.

Another thing - I don't get it, how come this mod works fine with wiiflow but doesn't work with USBloaderGX (plugins mod). All other wiiflow plugins work fine with USBloaderGX (plugins mod), but not this one.

I mean, I could use wiiflow, but it is excruciatingly slow compared toUSBloaderGX.

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by seam1,

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
whats the issue? i can post a picture of my sd card structure, its a 2gb sd.

Here is my EXACT mame sdl SD card (no roms included). Just copy this to your SD card and load the app through HBC. And make sure its a NON SDHC card. I also included a readme i made with info if needed.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3cpr47hitmqbfau/wii+SDLMAME.7z/file
I have tried it and if many games work that do not work in the new version although it is super slow loading, could it be that the new version does not have all the drivers?

Reactions: seam1 and SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
whats the issue? i can post a picture of my sd card structure, its a 2gb sd.

Here is my EXACT mame sdl SD card (no roms included). Just copy this to your SD card and load the app through HBC. And make sure its a NON SDHC card. I also included a readme i made with info if needed.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3cpr47hitmqbfau/wii+SDLMAME.7z/file
Sorry but that version still doesn't boot either.

I tried with a 2 GB SD card, i disabled WC24, i even set up to run at 480i resolution instead of 480p, and SDL MAME 0.125 still refuses to load (black screen).

Any clues???

I tried with a 2 GB SD card, i disabled WC24, i even set up to run at 480i resolution instead of 480p, and SDL MAME 0.125 still refuses to load (black screen).

Any clues???
I tried with SDL MAME 0.125 @cheloruiz79 sent me.
but no matter what version of SDL MAME 0.125 i get, i always get this screen and refuses to boot, even with all the required files and with the current settings needed for be able to boot.

1691690691839.png

Question: it it just me, or seems SDL MAME 0.125 also takes a lot of time for be loaded or even doesn't boot?

Last edited by SaulFabre,
Reactions: cheloruiz79

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

Any clues???

but no matter what version of SDL MAME 0.125 i get, i always get this screen and refuses to boot, even with all the required files and with the current settings needed for be able to boot.

View attachment 387609

Question: it it just me, or seems SDL MAME 0.125 also takes a lot of time for be loaded or even doesn't boot?

Reactions: SaulFabre and seam1

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried it and if many games work that do not work in the new version although it is super slow loading, could it be that the new version does not have all the drivers?

Yea, lots of games work with this version of mame that do not work in the later toadking versions. Maybe it is a lack of drivers? I was hoping SaulFabre could figure it out.

Any clues???

View attachment 387609

It should work just like in cheloruiz79 video he just posted. You launch from HBC and it works fine. Maybe you need to try a different SD card?

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It should work just like in cheloruiz79 video he just posted. You launch from HBC and it works fine. Maybe you need to try a different SD card?
I would like to know that also to eliminate the black borders

Attachments

• Screenshot (522).png
    Screenshot (522).png
    2 MB · Views: 15

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my final compatibility list for SDL MAME-Wii (1035 games). If any game boots up and i was able to navigate, add credits etc...it was added.

That means there will most likely be several games that run slow or have control issues. End users must set up input and decide what is acceptable speed.

Thanks again Saul for the mod.

Attachments

• SDL MAME-WII Compatibility.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 24

Tototi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@seam1 @Tototi How do you guys even be able to use this version of SDL MAME? I tried booting it from the Homebrew Channel and it didnt recognize the boot.elf.
Tried even making an entry for be able to boot it but still i have a black screen.
Any clues, or can someone send me their setup for that version of SDL MAME?
it only worked for me with a very old SD card, this one:
1692191394046.jpeg

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What Set version of mame Roms is needed in order to work with the version of wii SDLMAME has given please?
I'll try to test it on my WIius (confirmation 0.125?), This to be only 15 games seems weird to me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4