Homebrew Emulator [UNOFFICIAL] SDL MAME Wii 0.6.0 - Newer Wiimote + WiiFlow + 10K games support MOD

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
What Set version of mame Roms is needed in order to work with the version of wii SDLMAME has given please?
I'll try to test it on my WIius (confirmation 0.125?), This to be only 15 games seems weird to me
Nuvalo's SDL MAME needs MAME 0.125 roms in order to work.

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this version of mame, just like any other version of sdlmame, works with MAME 0.134u4 romset. But I can't find this romset anywhere. I know this website doesn't allow to post links so hint me as to where I can find this romset or pm me with the links.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I know this version of mame, just like any other version of sdlmame, works with MAME 0.134u4 romset. But I can't find this romset anywhere. I know this website doesn't allow to post links so hint me as to where I can find this romset or pm me with the links.
GBAtemp rules:

NO "warez" allowed (this also includes ROMs, ISOs, WADs, CIAs, etc.)

Also, yeah MAME 0.134u4 roms are nowadays pretty hard to find. But you can rebuild your MAME romsets from any later version to MAME 0.134u4 if you use CMPro MAME romset rebuilder (but you'll need the DAT file of MAME 0.134u4).

Last edited by SaulFabre,

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Anyways, i tried a 512 MB SD card and still no luck.
Maybe my problem is because im trying to boot Nuvalo's SDL MAME 0.125 on Wii using Dolphin... :v

I dont own a real, actual Wii/Wii U hardware for test it properly.

Thanks anyways everyone for the help.

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Anyways, i tried a 512 MB SD card and still no luck.
Maybe my problem is because im trying to boot Nuvalo's SDL MAME 0.125 on Wii using Dolphin... :v

I dont own a real, actual Wii/Wii U hardware for test it properly.

Thanks anyways everyone for the help.
If that must be the problem, I also tried dolphin and usb and other sd cards larger than 2gb and it doesn't work, it only works for me on a 2gb sd card of the original wii there are many games that work on that version that don't work on other mame

Reactions: seam1 and SaulFabre

galagasux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

For years I've lurked in these forums just learning everything I can about Wii modding and how to customize things. Thanks to all of the information here I am abe to do some cool things with a Wii. I have ever been able to get sdlMame-wii working properly with Wiiflow as we all know the problem with exiting a game when using Wiiflow as the launcher. There are some really great Lightgun games that I like to have access to while still confining everything to Wiiflow.

I have installed the .dol file in the download at the beginning of the thread. I was not able to get Wiiflow to even launch a game. It would seem as to almost crash but then take me back to the system menu. I tried multiple variations of (fresh installs) wiiflow, Mame, tried a different SD, Tried running it from USB, etc.

Finally, I changed the channel. I installed an older version of a Wiiflow channel like star night and everything worked. It worked Amazingly!

Gone are the code dumps and exception errors when trying to exit a game back to Wiiflow. In fact, I was not able to make it crash the system once.

Beyond using an older version of the Wiiflow (.wad) channel here was my process-

1. Rename the .dol file in the download to boot.dol
2. Overwriie the current boot.dol file in the folder - apps/sdlmame-wii
3. Copy the new boot.dol file into the folder-
wiiflow/plugins/mame-wii
4. Rename the file and replace the current .dol file in that mame-wii folder (in my case it was named 'mame-wii' yours may be different.)

In my case all of these files were on my SD Card which is Samsung Evo 256gb Mico SD with a generic SanDisk adapter. To my knowledge it is a SDXC card. I am using a romset that I downloaded ages ago so I don't have a lot of information about hat but I know tht it's always worked with sdlMame-wii except for this age old problem. Your folder names or locations may be different.

Also, I have no updated my cios to the current recommendations. I'm using the most current(old) v10 settings.

Thank you so very much.

Maybe this information will help someone else.

Reactions: SaulFabre

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
GBAtemp rules:

NO "warez" allowed (this also includes ROMs, ISOs, WADs, CIAs, etc.)

Also, yeah MAME 0.134u4 roms are nowadays pretty hard to find. But you can rebuild your MAME romsets from any later version to MAME 0.134u4 if you use CMPro MAME romset rebuilder (but you'll need the DAT file of MAME 0.134u4).
Any guides on how to do it, please?

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo