Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

TheLoneWolfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Far more trouble than it's worth, most likely, but wouldn't it be possible in theory to use libdrc on your comp (provided you have one of the compatible wireless cards), receiving gamepad input and relaying it to the vWii through emulation of a wiimote?

Tcll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Far more trouble than it's worth, most likely, but wouldn't it be possible in theory to use libdrc on your comp (provided you have one of the compatible wireless cards), receiving gamepad input and relaying it to the vWii through emulation of a wiimote?

if you're suggesting to skip WiiU development, you leave people like me in the dust...

the WiiU is about 3x more powerful than my best desktop,
and I'd love to harness that power to build games with.

here I am, trying to make things possible to port games to WiiU...
Where's my counter-support so people can actually use these ports. ;_;
(what good is a ported DOL if you can't run it)

Also, just to mention, if you want vWii to run the gamepad and such, you'll have to exploit it and rebuild it w/o the locks and restrictions.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies
D

Deleted User

Why cant Nintendo be cool and just let us use the game pad in vWii :/ They have all of the tools to easilly do it, just make it function as a Classic Controller

Reactions: Margen67

TheLoneWolfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you're suggesting to skip WiiU development, you leave people like me in the dust...

the WiiU is about 3x more powerful than my best desktop,
and I'd love to harness that power to build games with.

here I am, trying to make things possible to port games to WiiU...
Where's my counter-support so people can actually use these ports. ;_;
(what good is a ported DOL if you can't run it)

Also, just to mention, if you want vWii to run the gamepad and such, you'll have to exploit it and rebuild it w/o the locks and restrictions.
Not at all what I'm suggesting; it was just a thought for those who really want gamepad vWii support. In any case, seems like these folks had a lot of trouble doing something very similar to what I was suggesting, apart from the gamepad part: http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?7,59126,page=1

So, as I said in my first sentence, probably a lot more trouble than it's worth. :P

Reactions: Tcll

Tcll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why cant Nintendo be cool and just let us use the game pad in vWii :/ They have all of the tools to easilly do it, just make it function as a Classic Controller

because it would most likely break the support most Wii games have for controllers.
either that or some of the IDs had to be remapped which would make things a real pain for nintendo to develop the vWii mode with.

not to mention, WiiU standard controllers have more buttons.
(have you noticed your joystics click when you press them, like a PS# controller's (L/R)3 buttons)

I'm a big fan of NUS, so there may be an update to vWii in time,
since if I'm not mistaken (my knowledge is a bit rusty as I've had more focus on my projects), most (if not all) of the vWii is software-controlled.
or more-so, the vWii is basically a Wii emulator for WiiU.

EDIT:
Not at all what I'm suggesting; it was just a thought for those who really want gamepad vWii support. In any case, seems like these folks had a lot of trouble doing something very similar to what I was suggesting, apart from the gamepad part: http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?7,59126,page=1

So, as I said in my first sentence, probably a lot more trouble than it's worth. :P
alright I understand now, mind my autism. ;)

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Uh
There is one for Wii U since a while you know...

There's been an exploit for the Wii U for a while, it just needs more work done on it.

lol good one, maybe try reading the WiiU section more often then
there has beent an exploit for a long time already, so long that it already got fixed in an update, but there are more loopholes and it's being worked on

Well... yeah, you got me with that :-)
Sure there is an working exploit, but from the wii u sides (please - don't get this as offense!) there are only threads where someone is making something and everyone holds his stuff for himself because well.

I'm glad that you're working on it but it would be nice to see something (i don't mean that Super Mario Kart stuff which is only to gain some stuff).

Would love to see some vids or anything where i can see that there is some freaking code running in matrix style but then fails and you get further and further :-)

Maybe this is a bit daydreaming of me :-) So please bear with it :)

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well... yeah, you got me with that :-)
Sure there is an working exploit, but from the wii u sides (please - don't get this as offense!) there are only threads where someone is making something and everyone holds his stuff for himself because well.

I'm glad that you're working on it but it would be nice to see something (i don't mean that Super Mario Kart stuff which is only to gain some stuff).

Would love to see some vids or anything where i can see that there is some freaking code running in matrix style but then fails and you get further and further :-)

Maybe this is a bit daydreaming of me :-) So please bear with it :)
The old exploit, which was blocked, is publicly released, if you are still on an older system software, then youcan try it yourself. Problem is, there isnt really any decent homebrew out yet due to lack of interest by devs I'd say

As far as I know, there is work in progress to port this exploit to recent system software, but I guess people might want to withold a release maybe until there is something substential to use it with

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes that, too. But I was also referring to the small number of devs, who are actually willing to develop anything at all. Im sure, there are capable devs out there, who just don't want to work on WiiU homebrew, because they dont have the system or don't see the appeal due to its small user base.
I didn't mean to say anything bad about existing WiiU devs, I understand, that private life > some stupid console

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that, too. But I was also referring to the small number of devs, who are actually willing to develop anything at all. Im sure, there are capable devs out there, who just don't want to work on WiiU homebrew, because they dont have the system or don't see the appeal due to its small user base.
I didn't mean to say anything bad about existing WiiU devs, I understand, that private life > some stupid console

You can't speak for all developers working on the Wii U. There are exploits being worked on irrespective of Debby Downers.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lack of interest?

*cough* Fail0verflow *cough*
At least, those currently working on the Wii U sine do have interest. Not much free time, but still interest. :)
Team F0F did explicitly state that they themselves have no interest, but others invariably do.
don't understand your post
You gotta be shitting me. What's there to not understand? There is interest in Wii U hacking, it's come to a crawl because people have, you know, personal lives like family, school, job, etc. There will be other exploits, not just that one, so, be more patient and less negative.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What's there to not understand? There is interest in Wii U hacking, it's come to a crawl because people have, you know, personal lives like family, school, job, etc.

well see, still don't understand that post
you posted that as a reply to my post as some kind of comment to it, but I never said anything else, so I don't get, why you have to tell me that
I said, I understand, that private life comes first and I merely said, that there is generaly low interest in WiiU homebrew by devs because of the low user base, that's why there are not many WiiU homebrew devs, that's all I meant with my posts
many people can achieve alot of things very fast, just having very few people working on something slows down the process, that is all, what I meant
and well yes, ofc, private life > console developing, that also factors in, but all I meant to say, was that there is generally a very small number of people interested to develop for the WiiU

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well see, still don't understand that post
you posted that as a reply to my post as some kind of comment to it, but I never said anything else, so I don't get, why you have to tell me that
I said, I understand, that private life comes first and I merely said, that there is generaly low interest in WiiU homebrew by devs because of the low user base, that's why there are not many WiiU homebrew devs, that's all I meant with my posts
many people can achieve alot of things very fast, just having very few people working on something slows down the process, that is all, what I meant
and well yes, ofc, private life > console developing, that also factors in, but all I meant to say, was that there is generally a very small number of people interested to develop for the WiiU

And I'm saying it won't be that low forever either.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And I'm saying it won't be that low forever either.

yes, I hope so too, but I was under the impression we were talking about the present and not the future
would be nice to see more people interested in the WiiU, I merely stated the fact, that the WiiU RIGHT NOW has a low user base and sadly not many people who are willing to develop something for it right now
still hoping though this might change with upcoming games

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Who knows how long that'll be..... Long after SSB U is released I'm sure.

pls pls pls be released for 5.1.0, I don't need to play online B-) last post from me here. If only I had the knowlege, I would be developping on WiiU :cry:

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny