Hacking How can I safely update titles without updating my unit?

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a combination of TubeHax DNS and blocking IPs on my routers to make sure my unit does not become updated, I also wanted to play Smash as I haven't in awhile and I was prompted to update the title, with this combination I could not. Can I safely manually update my titles by downloading updates and installing them through an SD card, or if not can I just enable TubeHax and disable blocking of domains on my router temporarily, or is there basically no way to safely update your titles without leaving yourself open to potentially update your Wii U?

I am blocking these domains by the way, not sure if I am temporarily unblock some to allow game title updates.

• nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird, I checked my smash version and its 1.1.6, does the Wii U download title updates while idle because I haven't played smash in 8 months yet its on the latest version. I'm just curious what the update was for then.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Just update your Wiiu and update the game from the shop.
why do you people try so hard to stay on the lowest firm possible anyway ? it's puzzling me , the kexploit for 5.5.1 is already out , also the IOSU exploit , meaning a Cfw or an emunand solution is on the way , not to mention, team salt is working on a big project for 5.5.1 , just update before you miss your chance and having to update via a disk.

Last edited by Ghassen-ga,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am using a combination of TubeHax DNS and blocking IPs on my routers to make sure my unit does not become updated, I also wanted to play Smash as I haven't in awhile and I was prompted to update the title, with this combination I could not. Can I safely manually update my titles by downloading updates and installing them through an SD card, or if not can I just enable TubeHax and disable blocking of domains on my router temporarily, or is there basically no way to safely update your titles without leaving yourself open to potentially update your Wii U?

I am blocking these domains by the way, not sure if I am temporarily unblock some to allow game title updates.

• nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net
If you remove the c.shop.nintendowifi.net block, you should be able to update games and use eShop without leaving the console vulnerable to updates.
That's weird, I checked my smash version and its 1.1.6, does the Wii U download title updates while idle because I haven't played smash in 8 months yet its on the latest version. I'm just curious what the update was for then.
Yes, it does.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
I am on 5.5.1, I just want to leave my safeguards in place if possible, don't want to forget I turned it off one day you know?
just make sure to check GBAtemp and this site everyday before you start playing online , and i do believe nintendo has stopped caring for the wiiu anyway, they're more focused on the NX , they will probably release and update once breath of the wild is out or once a cfw is out to patch it , for now , they're pretending like nothing is happening.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?