Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can I ask for an (approximate) release date yet?
"When it's ready" is the only appropriate answer to this question.

Approximations only lead to disappointment and abuse targeted at devs if they can't meet the deadline they've given for what ever reason.

This isn't their fulltime job, it's done in their spare time and group members live in a number of different time zones.

For this reason I feel that asking for a release date (even an approximation) is an unreasonable request.

But that's just my point of view, those involved may think differently.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Will donate $100 to anyone who gets ISO loader working
$100? lol

$100 to realign their moral compass, to compromise their integrity.

$100 to risk losing their jobs, to risk potential career opportunities in the future.

$100 to lose the respect of their peers, to lose the trust of their employer.

$100 to risk incurring the wrath of Nintendo, to risk bankruptcy fighting the charges brought against them.

Whatever a dev's reasons for taking an anti-piracy stance, $100 as compensation just won't cut it.

A few pages back a member donated $100 to a dev asking only their name in the credits in return (although it was refunded due to a disagreement).

Another member then donated the full amount needed (~250 Euros I think) for the same dev to buy themselves a Wii U to speed up the progress being made here.

So if you're looking to sway one of these devs to make an ISO loader, you're going to have to increase your offer.

An extra zero or two might make it a little more appealing.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
$100? lol

$100 to risk losing their jobs, to risk potential career opportunities in the future.

$100 to risk incurring the wrath of Nintendo, to risk bankruptcy fighting the charges brought against them.

Whatever a dev's reasons for taking an anti-piracy stance, $100 as compensation just won't cut it.

A few pages back a member donated $100 to a dev asking only their name in the credits in return (although it was refunded due to a disagreement).

Another member then donated the full amount needed (~250 Euros I think) for the same dev to buy themselves a Wii U to speed up the progress being made here.

So if you're looking to sway one of these devs to make an ISO loader, you're going to have to increase your offer.

Or how about some more people join in with the same amount, because obviously not everyone here is Bill Gates?
Or even better, you pull out the two extra zeros (and don't forget the one and the two zeros that are already existing), since you made the impression that this is just a small amount for you. :P

Why would you advise someone to spend more money on the ability to not pay for games than he or she would have paid for games?^^

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Or how about some more people join in with the same amount, because obviously not everyone here is Bill Gates?
Or even better, you pull out the two extra zeros (and don't forget the one and the two zeros that are already existing), since you made the impression that this is just a small amount for you. :P

Why would you advise someone to spend more money on the ability to not pay for games than he or she would have paid for games?^^

And congratulations on the progress so far, guys. It's nice to see something interesting every few days. And it still goes on. :D

PS: Sorry for the double post... That was not supposed to happen.

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country
$100? lol

Yeah, that dev was me. The disagreement was not due to having his name in the credits in return (he would already have it anyway), it was due to some unexplained reasons I couldn't understand.
If an ISO loader shows up, it won't come from donations. There's no point in trying to fund that.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Success
KernelSuccess.jpg

inb4 people start asking for release date
So this is the race attack to initialize all 3 cores of the espresso?

If so, any chance you could send me the code (pm is fine). So i can see if i can utilize it for trinux?

It would be much appeciated if you could do that, but if not, i understand :P

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why it's called "race attack" not very familiarized with these terms =P

The exploit is based on an execution race between all 3 CPU cores. Basically, all of the CPUs are running code and we want to time it such that important code executes at the right time. I can't reveal much more than that right now.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The exploit is based on an execution race between all 3 CPU cores. Basically, all of the CPUs are running code and we want to time it such that important code executes at the right time. I can't reveal much more than that right now.

If you run the same instruction many times the time taken to execute it among the cores varies? Or it's more/less fixed timing?

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you run the same instruction many times the time taken to execute it among the cores varies? Or it's more/less fixed timing?

We haven't studied instruction timing that much. What we basically did was find reasonable times for different code sequences, and test them out through a nice side-channel into the kernel's memory.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you got SMP working in U mode? Its just a matter of getting timing down, if i understood that correctly?

This is exciting <3....

Hykem must be helping you with running code on the starbuck (for the race attack) ;)

Reactions: Margen67

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country
So you got SMP working in U mode? Its just a matter of getting timing down, if i understood that correctly?

This is exciting <3....

Hykem must be helping you with running code on the starbuck (for the race attack) ;)

The Wii U hasn't arrived yet. I'm still only helping in writing hypothetical code (later tested by NWPlayer123 and Relys).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1