Gaming ****Wii Firmware 3.0U****

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I so hope that everything is working fine for me. My boyfriend borrowed my wii (with wiikey) and he updated it without me knowing it! Aaaah!
wacko.gif

I'm getting it back today! No more wii playing for him for a while!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I just attempted to use the Action Replay for Gamecube on my Wii on 3.0U firmware and it failed as well. So I used GCos to boot the game and it worked, at first it gave me some CRC errors and it had to reset my Action Replay hardware, but now its working fine, just tested it on Smash Brothers Melee.

version number please.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since, after reading this whole topic, everyone's setup discs work under GCOS, can someone like, post up an ISO with all the setup discs in it or not?

And in a nutshell:
This update does the following:
Make the Menus look cooler
Make the Menus load a bit faster
Mess up OpenWii (So don't update if you have OpenWii)
Stop you from using config discs (for the most part)
Wiikey, CycloWiz, Wiinja v2 & Deluxe are Unaffected
AR and Freeloader don't work
There are two updates for Version 3.0U - The first gives you the digital clock, and the disc channel icon, and changes the layout of the shop channel. The Second update changes the weather channel to show the forcast from the wii menu.

Also, it seems you can make a pretty good phoenix wright case out of this xP

StacMaster-S

Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I so hope that everything is working fine for me. My boyfriend borrowed my wii (with wiikey) and he updated it without me knowing it! Aaaah!
wacko.gif

I'm getting it back today! No more wii playing for him for a while!

Haha, that happened to me... my girlfriend applied one of the huge Xbox 360 updates and I was like "oh god I hope she didn't screw it up!" >_>

Venger82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if the update from 2.2E to 3.0E gets rid of the duplicate News and Weather channels that were the result of running the Pokemon Battle NTSC update on my PAL Wii with Wiikey?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
My Action Replay is version 1.08.

right i just think i won't be updating ever again...unless i read more about that gcos program, what happens if nintendo blocks the gcos program aswell? then we will be well and truly fecked...

ok new question, aardvarks can you get the gcos program, boot it and try to load the compatible for the wii action replay and post the results please? and it will be nice if i could have a version number for your action replay aswell.

also does using the gcos program force the gamecube games into full screen (without a huge boarder at the bottom of the TV) certain gamecube games i play on the Wii don't play in full screen unless i use the action replay compatible for the wii to boot it.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm so sorry. I said I wouldn't do it.....but I just couldn't resist!!! After reading all these posts I thought WHAT THE HECK! I'll update the damn thing!
I know I know.....the mind was strong but the flesh was weak!

Anyway, it's done. Everything works perfectly (Wiikey on Europe Wii) ! I haven't got a wiikey setup disc and I really can't be bothered with it.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shelleeson, what I'm trying to point out to you is that your wii is your property and not the big N's. Sure the warranty is void by modding it, sure they can attempt to restrict it by blocking online play, by circumventing the chip, refining new processes etc, but they cannot damage the machine in any way, unless it is by accident of course because they cannot account for your modified hardware.

Did you completely glance over the Xbox360 bans? What about the Xbox 1 bans? Sure you have bought the thing with your own money, but you didn't buy the patents, the IPs, the software rights etc. By using a modchip, you are not only breaching all of those, but also promoting piracy. Just because I buy a CD doesn't mean I can rip it and spread it on the internet... sure I can burn it... but that's a completely different matter all together. You say they cannot damage the machine, they aren't doing that... by opening the Wii, you already have done that. All they are doing is preventing pirate copies being played. Sure you can throw the "I'm not using my modchip to run pirate games"... but give me a break. Swear on your mum's life and maybe I'll let you off.

No offense, but you really need to grow up and look at the big picture, both logically and legally.

This is the best thing Nintendo have done, following in Xbox360's footsteps I'm sure. Of course they will make an initial loss, but at least it's showing to developers that they are serious about piracy... thus encouraging more top developers to the Wii platform.

I've said this when xbox1/xbox360 bans came out... you knew what you were doing when you opened the machine, you knew what the consequences would be, and you knew what you were doing was wrong. So whiners, stop complaining

Regarding those who still think their Wii is miraculously working... How do you know nintendo haven't implemented code to check for drive hacks (yes, they can... hello microsoft)? How do you know they're not logging them? How do you know they're not banning in waves? List is endless, but for those who think their first generation chips are "all that"... maybe you should think again?

campioni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And in a nutshell:
There are two updates for Version 3.0U - The first gives you the digital clock, and the disc channel icon, and changes the layout of the shop channel. The Second update changes the weather channel to show the forcast from the wii menu.

What do you base your suggestion that the 3.0 update messes up Wii's with OpenWii on? The one single post that was made on this forum by a guy who has failed to post any more info since? I'm very interested in this since I have a Wii with OpenWii myself, but we shouldn't spread rumors based on a single post by some dude until we have more evidence.

By the way I've read a post on the OpenWii board where some guy said his OpenWii runs fine after installing the new update.

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not surprised. It always occurred to me that Wii is too young to be able to pirate games, Nintendo was obviously going to do something to fight back.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
And in a nutshell:

What do you base your suggestion that the 3.0 update messes up Wii's with OpenWii on? The one single post that was made on this forum by a guy who has failed to post any more info since? I'm very interested in this since I have a Wii with OpenWii myself, but we shouldn't spread rumors based on a single post by some dude until we have more evidence.

By the way I've read a post on the OpenWii board where some guy said his OpenWii runs fine after installing the new update.

I double dare you to upgrade. Prove the other guy wrong and become a legend.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everyone has checked GCOS, but has anyone checked the GCLinux bootdisk (things built with the makeisofs.exe)?

I'm quoting myself, but this is very important.

The WiiKey config disk (and many other update disks) had one thing in common: They were created using MAKEISOFS.exe, which takes a .DOL file and creates a bootable DVD.

Did they block bootable (non-GCOS) DVDs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro