Gaming ****Wii Firmware 3.0U****

HipN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just woke up, didn't update pass 3.0U. Checked the Wiikey setup disk and it doesn't work. Checked a backup of a Wii game and GC game, both work. Checked GCOS for the Rom pack and GC games, the GCOS menu boots.

So that warning is pretty much a scare tactic? Yes?

Neme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Work fine wii pal whit wiikey. And setup disk update for wiikey works fine version 1.0 and 1.1 only 1.2 don't work

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hmm thought so, so it's only 1.2 that doesn't work, now if someone could test the latest action replay that's compatible for the Wii on a PAL system updated to 3.0E.

also people with a backup version of action replay 1.14b can you test that on a Wiikey PAL console please?

just a note the older action replay discs never worked on a PAL system that is why the compatible for the Wii version was made so the disc can boot on a PAL Wii, it was only the americans who had no problems with booting the older version of action replay, now it seems the tables have turned i don't have more details about this situation, i wish i did.

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it important to have the speed to 3X or 6X with wiikey before the update.
(I say that because of the fact that the update changes the way the wii read the disc, so i'm afraid that if i'm in 3x, it will not read any disc after the update and there would be no way to go back to the config menu).

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
shelleeson, what I'm trying to point out to you is that your wii is your property and not the big N's. Sure the warranty is void by modding it, sure they can attempt to restrict it by blocking online play, by circumventing the chip, refining new processes etc, but they cannot damage the machine in any way, unless it is by accident of course because they cannot account for your modified hardware.

edit: and I'm not exactly seeing hordes of people saying they will sue Nintendo or anything - we're just discussing the possible actions Nintendo can take, in our limited legal knowledge - from there we can perhaps better understand what they would be likely to do with any countermeasures they make seek to employ.
sorry i took so long to reply i'm cooking
laugh.gif

i can't speak for what nintendo will and won't do and it would be unfair of me to assume i do know. i can just say what i see on their site and tell you from a logical stand point that trying to take nintendo to court over something people have knowingly altered with very few facts ain't gonna get them anywhere.
in reality there's just a few people blowing off steam and syaing the first thing that cames into their heads.
there may not be hordes of people saying they will sue but there was enough to give people the impression it could work and that the person may have been serious and still think that they are. there are those that will take the thoughts of one person as law and that's what's got so many people in this mess to begin with.
you should all just back up one, realise you've may have made a monumental cock up by tampering with stuff you didn't understand to begin with and accept that just maybe nintendo might take steps to stop you accessing all you have available to you right now.

Mr.SHME

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
(I say that because of the fact that the update changes the way the wii read the disc, so i'm afraid that if i'm in 3x, it will not read any disc after the update and there would be no way to go back to the config menu).
This is your first post and you didn't even read half the topic! You can still use GCOS!

Fazered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can make another confirmation of updating working on:

WiiKey
Wii (U)

However, as reports show, the update disc no longer works. One new feature I noticed is that when you put the disc into the drive, the drive lights up!!! OMFG YES!!! I SO WANTED THAT!!....well at least its something

LordWill072284

Trophies
Website
www.bakerenterprises.ca
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guy, just tried the update on my wiinja deluxe. worked fine. tried to get another update and got that warning message lol. so i think it's just a message for further updates. weather/news channel, pretty sweet. digi clock nice touch. like the blue light when inserting/ejecting games.

Once again Confirmed

Wiinja Deluxe
NTSC Wii
New F/W 3.0U

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France

This is your first post and you didn't even read half the topic! You can still use GCOS!
I did read the WHOLE topic and you didn-t get my question.
I was refering to the new way wii read disk.
If the setting are already forced to 3X by the wiikey (not the original value), then the update could be wrong.
I mean, for exemple, the original value is 6, update say to use half of it in the wii menu then 3.
If the wiikey already force 3, then with the update, it would be 1.5 and nothing could be working anymore.

I have no idea if this is possible, this is just a something i just thought about.

j5c077

some old guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i updated mine also
(U) Wii with Wiikey
backups working fine
i did not try the wiikey setup disc because i heard some speculation that it may flag your system or some crap, but i figured since it didnt work anyway there was no point in trying it

my disc slot lit up too..

vlv723

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to new firmware

NTSC console....Works fine w/ WiiKey

Able to browse Shop Channel, downloaded Waverace 64

Of course, cannot use setup disc.

Haven't tried getting online w/ Mario Strikers

And a noob question: Where or how to get/create a GCOS disc?

hoobajoob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps this somehow ties into the Wiiware development platform. I'm not quite sure how it would, I'm not really savey with homebrew and unsigned code and all that, but just a thought I'd put out there.
Maybe (if there is ever) downloadable content for games it won't fire up right if a mod chip is messing with what the DVD drive is saying.

Again, not really in the know with all this, just a thought.

ZeiggiM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the BIG surprise Nin announced a few weeks ago? Or is this a precursor to something bigger they are going to do in near future?

guess only time will tell...

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm thought so, so it's only 1.2 that doesn't work, now if someone could test the latest action replay that's compatible for the Wii on a PAL system updated to 3.0E.

also people with a backup version of action replay 1.14b can you test that on a Wiikey PAL console please?

just a note the older action replay discs never worked on a PAL system that is why the compatible for the Wii version was made so the disc can boot on a PAL Wii, it was only the americans who had no problems with booting the older version of action replay, now it seems the tables have turned i don't have more details about this situation, i wish i did.

just updated one of my spare wii's to 3.0E wiikey setup disc not working. tested datel's action replay for game cube games made for use on the wii and it doesnt work! so i wont b updating my main wii as yet
unsure.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
just updated one of my spare wii's to 3.0E wiikey setup disc not working. tested datel's action replay for game cube games made for use on the wii and it doesnt work! so i wont b updating my main wii as yetÂ
unsure.gif

holy crap, can you turn the disc over and tell me what version you have??!!
ohmy.gif

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just attempted to use the Action Replay for Gamecube on my Wii on 3.0U firmware and it failed as well. So I used GCos to boot the game and it worked, at first it gave me some CRC errors and it had to reset my Action Replay hardware, but now its working fine, just tested it on Smash Brothers Melee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol