What's something really obscure that you like?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,376
  • Replies 39
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
You read the title. What's something you enjoy that is really obscure/not very well-known?

For me, I enjoyed this game called Go Vacation. Props to you if you've heard it!

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would probably be Corpse Party for me. It's nice to mention it and see people actually know what I'm talking about in some online communities, but I don't think I've ever met another person in the outside world that knows the series lol

snails1221

LOVE EVERYONE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember seeing Go vacation in a Gamestop years ago and wanting to buy it but, I never did. The only thing I can really think of is Taiko no Tatsujin, and it isn't really even that obscure.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The entire Bakuso Kyodai franchise, hardly anyone knows it normally, but if someone watches it they will remember it from their childhoods, be it from TV or from games/toys. Have yet to talk to a single person, be it online or irl that knows of it without having to remind them:P

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Silence. Or just being content with background noise or my own thoughts. Of course I like music as much as the next person and listen to podcasts too, but everyone seems to want to consume media 24/7 but often I enjoy just being alone with my thoughts or walking somewhere without earphones on.

For example I saw water proof, submersible ear phones designed for swimming the other day. Are we really at the point when the idea of swimming isn't entertaining enough that you need music too?

Edit: obscure in the sense that not many others seem to like it, not obscure as in unknown. Sorry, I slightly misunderstood the topic.

D

Deleted User

OP
Silence. Or just being content with background noise or my own thoughts. Of course I like music as much as the next person and listen to podcasts too, but everyone seems to want to consume media 24/7 but often I enjoy just being alone with my thoughts or walking somewhere without earphones on.

For example I saw water proof, submersible ear phones designed for swimming the other day. Are we really at the point when the idea of swimming isn't entertaining enough that you need music too?
This. Sometimes I feel like a weirdo for being able to just zone out on thoughts or pace restlessly chewing on an idea or concept. It often happens when I have an idea that really compels me.

While I do like having my phone on hand when I'm bored, sometimes it's just nice to look out the train window, see the world go past you, look at the clouds, and sculpt out whatever is in your head at the time.

Sometimes I find it hard to just play or watch something, because my mind always seems to be focused on some sort of project, be it pixel art, a program, a game I'm working on, what have you. Sometimes I keep the music on, but other times, it's just my head providing the background noise.

At first, I thought it was a weakness, as it meant less time to read the latest show or whatever everyone seems to be talking about at the moment. You feel like a bit of a hermit at times. Over time, however I've come to see it as an important strength.

Don't get so lost inside your own head that you disregard the world around you.

Reactions: shaunj66

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, she is non binary